Valentine Retour

Announcements from Jennie and Tom about upcoming and current events at Possets and discussions from everyone else, too!

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

Re: Valentine Retour

Postby Boudicca » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:32 pm

Yay for extensions! (saw it on FB)
I'm still trying to figure out which Valentines I felt like I missed out on... or need a back up of, but I try not to do too many back ups. I think I've been fortunate in that most of my fav Valentines were voted permanent.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds

Jennie
a spark
a spark

Postby Jennie » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:57 pm

Sorry for the late reply on the Valentines Retour. We will be extending it until the end of the month. Thanks for being such an amazing group of people! Much Love, Jennie :hrt::

Boudicca

Postby Boudicca » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:46 am

Y'all rock! Retours can be a little overwhelming... lol, from both sides! Fortunately I ordered about 826 bottles on the last retour... (OK, it was like 19. On the first order.) But seriously... um, never mind. nothing serious going on .

marisaviola
preternatural being
preternatural being

Postby marisaviola » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:15 pm

Yes, thank you so much, Jennie and Tom! I'm very glad to have a bit more time to decide. And Boudicca, you totally crack me up! :grin: I felt like I did that too at my first and only Retour I experienced last time (summer of 2015)--I printed out my receipts before this one so I could go over inventory, and I was completely immoderate, wickedly so--but in view of Fabienne's passing, I am glad about it now. :hrt::

Boudicca

Postby Boudicca » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:44 am

Anyone have some thoughts to share about "A Cheerfulness of Herbs"? I'm thinking about that one but there wasn't much for reviews.

katiushka
archangel
archangel

Postby katiushka » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:52 am

Boudicca wrote:Anyone have some thoughts to share about "A Cheerfulness of Herbs"? I'm thinking about that one but there wasn't much for reviews.

I ordered a decant from Ajevie, but the decants haven't shipped yet. Depending on when I receive them, it may or may not be helpful. I'll keep you updated!

warriortwo
archangel
archangel

Postby warriortwo » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:35 pm

So happy about the extension! I got my decants yesterday (28 in all), and I have just fallen madly and deeply in love with Eleanor of Aquitaine, something I would NEVER have chosen if I was limited to a few bottles. And I still have time for more testing! Thank you Jennie & Tom!

:chase:

katiushka
archangel
archangel

Postby katiushka » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:42 pm

Boudicca wrote:Anyone have some thoughts to share about "A Cheerfulness of Herbs"? I'm thinking about that one but there wasn't much for reviews.

Just sampled this last night. Of all the notes I only know what frankincense smells like, so please bear with me - I can't describe what I'm smelling even, just the overall impression.

All the components seem extremely well-blended. Wet on the skin, it has an aromatherapy spa-like quality to it: like those rejuvenation creams they give you for a good night's sleep. It strikes that delicate balance between perfume and aromatherapy, but it's not sharp at all (like some herbal lavender blends are, for instance). Words that come to mind are fresh and happy. (Strange, but it really does give you a little kick that makes you smile.)

Dry, some of the "fresh" quality is lost and it turns more mellow and almost buttery. I like it less in this stage, although it is still very calming and smile-inducing.

After this first test, it seems like a "like", but not a love. Unless I end up craving it between now and the end of the month, I probably won't purchase a bottle.

Hope this helps!

warriortwo
archangel
archangel

Postby warriortwo » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:31 pm

Did anyone pick up a decant of Billet-Doux that they didn't like? I have become curious about it, but Ajevie is sold out.

RenChick

Postby RenChick » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:01 am

warriortwo wrote:If anyone hasn't tried Evita Peron yet, go for it. It's so quietly dignified and pretty. It's a "violet-like leather".

BTW...is it just me, or is there no review thread for Well Bred?

Warriortwo, it isn't just you! I tried every possible combination of advanced and simple search and even went through each Valentine's collection review sub-forum to see if I could find it. No luck!

I'm really curious now what others' impressions were. I have a decant on order with Ajevie, but because of some traveling I won't be united with the bundle until summertime. I was hoping to try it vicariously! LOL

Return to “News”