The "What are you wearing today and general impressions of it" thread :)

Want to talk about just about anything? Start a topic here.

Moderator: Maya

warriortwo
archangel
archangel

Re: The "What are you wearing today and general impressions of it" thread :)

Postby warriortwo » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:07 am

chinacat wrote:I'm wearing Montana Sky. It smells like cherry incense, the good quality kind, not the sort that literally goes up in smoke. I like it.

I am envious; I would love to have gotten some of that when it was still around.

Today was Girl in White. I almost went with Dance With Me, but I dislike the sweet edge of that one. In fact, when I first discovered Girl in White, I was determined to try every grapefruit Fabienne made, but I'm starting to think that grapefruit+oude is its own animal; for whatever reason, the combination of those two elements zings my nose in just the right way. Citrus, especially grapefruit and lime, create that sharp quality I associate with fancy perfume. I'm kind of a nerdy, pseudo-pagan child of hippies and I gravitate towards earthy fragrances; fancy perfume just isn't my style. As always, I spent the day with my wrist locked to my nose. I wonder if everyone thought I was dabbing.

Boudicca

Postby Boudicca » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:07 am

Went with Cupid & Psyche today... because, Valentines. This one is really kind of fun and playful on me. I was re-reading reviews and just not understanding why so many found it so masculine. But I'm kind of a freak like that :grin:
Tomorrow (ok, technically today) I'm going with Howl. Yep, because, boy. Meeting a guy I haven't seen in about a quarter of a century (how can I be that old??) for drinks after work. Probably. Yes, the boy saga continues. Sorry, I usually warn y'all if my post is going in that direction!
:rofl:
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds

marisaviola
preternatural being
preternatural being

Postby marisaviola » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:54 pm

Jennie had generously sent me Dominion and Seraphim at my request with my recent order and I am wearing one on each wrist, and I'm pleasantly surprised how much I love them both! I had not thought I would based on their descriptions, but they are such classics, I had to try them at least once. Now I am liking them enough to consider bottles.

Minh Scent
archangel
archangel

Postby Minh Scent » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:42 pm

marisaviola wrote:Jennie had generously sent me Dominion and Seraphim at my request with my recent order and I am wearing one on each wrist, and I'm pleasantly surprised how much I love them both! I had not thought I would based on their descriptions, but they are such classics, I had to try them at least once. Now I am liking them enough to consider bottles.

Oh, gosh, since we have similar tastes, I am going to have to go to my Possets poppet stash and see if I have those!

Today I am wearing Sweet Arabia. It has about five notes listes, but the sandalwood is the standout and I am in heaven. I have so many Possets, that when I "refind" one, I go into a major swoon!

warriortwo
archangel
archangel

Postby warriortwo » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:55 pm

Doing my usual scent combining today. I have an Aveda hair putty that smells like Ylang Ylang, plus generous lashings of Leda and the Swan and Romping Skyclad. It's the last one that is doing weird things. It smells exactly like I slathered myself in White Monkey Holding Peach balm. (It's an analgesic balm similar to Tiger Balm. It contains camphor, menthol, and eucalyptus oil.) I love medicinal scents--tea tree oil is my favorite--so it's not terrible, it's just the first time that's happened with Skyclad on me.

Sillageslut said in her review of RS that "the woods are camphorous". Good nose, that!

Minh Scent
archangel
archangel

Postby Minh Scent » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:51 am

Ok, you all have me quite excited about Romping Skyclad!! I have it coming (eventually by slow boat, I guess!)

Today I am wearing Wallis Warfield Simpston. I actually wear this quite often vbecause I love the sandalwoods. I am glad it is a GC scent!

Boudicca

Postby Boudicca » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:52 am

Night on Bald Mountain because I wanted leather but I wanted something else too. I swear it's like someone switched my vape juice because it was having just a touch of something that was perfumey....

Boy saga, total mess. Bikers. Think that's why I was thinking leather?? :rofl:

Jennie
a spark
a spark

Postby Jennie » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:34 pm

Boudicca, I would love to hear about the boy saga.( Biker) Sounds interesting! That makes me smile in so many ways. I think of so many different songs and smells. Especially:
The Eagles, Hotel California- The first line " On a Dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair, warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air "

I could totally see myself on the back of Don Henley's bike. Holding on tight to his leather jacket. Hmmm....:hrt:: I might wear Sorrow or Stewart perfume oil. My two favorite leather scents.

Jennie :hrt::

Minh Scent
archangel
archangel

Postby Minh Scent » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:42 am

oh, my god, Don Hennley...I was just watching the Eagles get a music award and was thrilled they were all looking Egalesque!!

A biker, Boudicca? Cool! I go for the hippie bi-cyclist type myself! :)

I cannot get enough of Romping Skyclad. I have been wearing it at least some part of the day for the past week. I love the forest that turns to a very sexy musk.

Boudicca

Postby Boudicca » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:34 am

I've actually got two bikers interested. Went riding with one and some of his group the Sunday after I last posted; it was a tad chilly to start but it was a good time. Yet I went to the Donnie Smith Bike Show last weekend with my latest ex (not the other biker). The guy I went riding with was working at the show. :gnome: Yeah, IKR? Fml, the song on the radio right now is "Over My Head". The universe is trying to tell me something I already know.
I was wearing Howl cuz it's the Ace up my sleeve but something else too, I think, in a scent locket. Or vice versa. Can't remember what though!!! At least my brother's girlfriend said I smelled good!
:rofl:

Return to “General Discussions”