The "What are you wearing today and general impressions of it" thread :)

Want to talk about just about anything? Start a topic here.

Moderator: Maya

warriortwo
archangel
archangel

Re: The "What are you wearing today and general impressions of it" thread :)

Postby warriortwo » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:07 am

chinacat wrote:I'm wearing Montana Sky. It smells like cherry incense, the good quality kind, not the sort that literally goes up in smoke. I like it.

I am envious; I would love to have gotten some of that when it was still around.

Today was Girl in White. I almost went with Dance With Me, but I dislike the sweet edge of that one. In fact, when I first discovered Girl in White, I was determined to try every grapefruit Fabienne made, but I'm starting to think that grapefruit+oude is its own animal; for whatever reason, the combination of those two elements zings my nose in just the right way. Citrus, especially grapefruit and lime, create that sharp quality I associate with fancy perfume. I'm kind of a nerdy, pseudo-pagan child of hippies and I gravitate towards earthy fragrances; fancy perfume just isn't my style. As always, I spent the day with my wrist locked to my nose. I wonder if everyone thought I was dabbing.

Boudicca

Postby Boudicca » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:07 am

Went with Cupid & Psyche today... because, Valentines. This one is really kind of fun and playful on me. I was re-reading reviews and just not understanding why so many found it so masculine. But I'm kind of a freak like that :grin:
Tomorrow (ok, technically today) I'm going with Howl. Yep, because, boy. Meeting a guy I haven't seen in about a quarter of a century (how can I be that old??) for drinks after work. Probably. Yes, the boy saga continues. Sorry, I usually warn y'all if my post is going in that direction!
:rofl:
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds

marisaviola
preternatural being
preternatural being

Postby marisaviola » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:54 pm

Jennie had generously sent me Dominion and Seraphim at my request with my recent order and I am wearing one on each wrist, and I'm pleasantly surprised how much I love them both! I had not thought I would based on their descriptions, but they are such classics, I had to try them at least once. Now I am liking them enough to consider bottles.

Minh Scent
archangel
archangel

Postby Minh Scent » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:42 pm

marisaviola wrote:Jennie had generously sent me Dominion and Seraphim at my request with my recent order and I am wearing one on each wrist, and I'm pleasantly surprised how much I love them both! I had not thought I would based on their descriptions, but they are such classics, I had to try them at least once. Now I am liking them enough to consider bottles.

Oh, gosh, since we have similar tastes, I am going to have to go to my Possets poppet stash and see if I have those!

Today I am wearing Sweet Arabia. It has about five notes listes, but the sandalwood is the standout and I am in heaven. I have so many Possets, that when I "refind" one, I go into a major swoon!

Return to “General Discussions”