Flutter (Yule 09)

These were part of previous collections which didn't get voted into the Permanent Collection. They are beautiful and have their avid followings. You would be able to purchase them during a Retour, which Possets brings back all of the fragrances they have ever made and offers them for sale again for a limited time.

Moderator: Maya

Morbane
primordial
primordial

Flutter (Yule 09)

Post by Morbane »

'A flutter of snowflakes. Very sexy very feminine. A small amount of lilac for a snowy out of season luxury, a kiss of carnation and a bit of lemon zest in this blend combine with a crystalline musk which can only be described as sleek like the pelt of a white ermine.'

In the bottle: lilacs, a hint of lemon, something cool and green (?), like a sort of green-stem fragrance. Like walking into a florist shop early in the day.

On my skin: A medium-strength fragrance - not the kind of thing that you smell almost BEFORE someone walks into a room, like Madame X, but still quite definitely itself. Now I can smell the carnation too. I'm not very good at picking out musks, so I'll leave that to someone else. This is a very floral perfume, although the lemon stays. It doesn't change a lot during the dry-down, just fading very gradually (still there after a few hours).

I really like this one. Carnation and lemon are scents I go for (Inez was absolutely invisible to my nose, it was so sad!) and although the lilac is the strongest note, it doesn't completely overwhelm the others. I really hope this ends up in the Permanent collection.
pytra
preternatural being
preternatural being

Flutter (Yule 09)

Post by pytra »

I smell carnation, but not too "hard" or bitter or strong : it's all made nicer with the subtle lemon and lilac.
dried down, I even smell the lilac stronger, but carnation still is there.
nice, very feminine.
coconutcream
preternatural being
preternatural being

Flutter (Yule 09)

Post by coconutcream »

on skin, lillac and carnation mixed together, a very nice combination, which lingers on the skin for hours.
1TrueEarthMama
preternatural being
preternatural being

Flutter (Yule 09)

Post by 1TrueEarthMama »

I was on the fence about this one. I love lilac, one of the few florals I can do, and I really actively dislike carnation, so I was really torn. It is, to me, maybe 70 lilac to 30 carnation, maybe 60 40, lilac carnation, but if it were any more carnation than that I wouldn't be able to stand it, let alone like it, and I really like this, so I am thinking closer to the 70 30 ratio. I get lemon as a crisp but not sharp presence in the blend, and it is not overly heady floral, probably because of the beautiful musk. I am super picky about lilacs, since I live in Rochester NY, the Flower city that holds the yearly Lilac festival, and tons of venders offer lilac scents. I've tried so many, and ironically my all time favorite lilac scent, Lilac Clouds by Jojoelle and my second favorite, Flutter from Possets both come from small businesses that have never sold at the festival and to my knowledge have never been to the festival. This is the way that I wish all of those lilac scented soaps and lotions and oils smelled, but they did not wind up doing at all. A very pretty, relatively true lilac scent with medium throw and a bit longer than average staying power. I highly recommend to anyone who likes very to moderately realistic florals that are rich, but not too complicated with notes competing for your nose's attention. Something I think I will use a great deal in the spring.
katiushka
archangel
archangel

Re: Flutter (Yule 09)

Post by katiushka »

This is a hidden gem from the Possets early years!! So glad I purchased a sample from Ajevie and then bought a bottle last-minute before Yule Retour came down .

Stately lilac makes this stately and presentable, while carnation adds a depth of spice and sexiness. These two flowers can usually be overpowering to the point of headache, but here they are just right. It's not a sillage monster; rather more of a mystery scent that makes people lean in to get a closer whiff. That being said, it lasts for hours and hours! Perfect for a night out, but could be pulled off at work too.