The Knot Ring (Valentines 2011)

These were part of previous collections which didn't get voted into the Permanent Collection. They are beautiful and have their avid followings. You would be able to purchase them during a Retour, which Possets brings back all of the fragrances they have ever made and offers them for sale again for a limited time.

Moderator: Maya

warriortwo
archangel
archangel

The Knot Ring (Valentines 2011)

Post by warriortwo »

All of the tears for one love affair wrapped up neatly and presented to your beloved in a small white kid box. No recess of your heart has been left unprobed. Musk and lime, a small amount of salt and a drop of clary sage for a safe and serene sleep. A simple fragrance but one which perfectly captures the heart in its saddest time when the days are long and the sun so bright outside your window.

Very green in the bottle, this turns to a delicate musk on my skin. It's a dry, unisex scent. I don't get the lime--although it might be what adds that masculine touch--and it doesn't seem like something I would wear to bed, but it's simple, not bold, so some people might. More perfumy than something I would wear regularly, but would be nice for a basic daytime scent.
celandine
primordial
primordial

Re: The Knot Ring (Valentines 2011)

Post by celandine »

Testing for Retour, decant from Ajevie:

Oh man, this scent is unassumingly stunning. If you love Arizona Sage and Honeycomb, this is the paler, softer version!

I admit that I am a sucker for skin-close scents, and this is certainly one of them. Definitely agree with it being unisex, thought I don't find it to be perfume-y (to me, perfume-y is a floral, but I can see how musk would trigger that for some people.) It's clean and fresh and soft. Mostly sage and musk - I get the lime in the bottle but it fades away on the skin. Very soothing; a little melancholy even! I would absolutely spritz this all over my pillow before bed. It's reminiscent of the toiletries in a high end spa or a five star hotel. Maybe the fact that it's so quiet and unassuming is the reason it got lost among the brighter, headier scents in this collection the first time around. (Sometimes I wonder why certain scents didn't get more love/reviews when they first came out!)
Boudicca

Re: The Knot Ring (Valentines 2011)

Post by Boudicca »

Bump because Retour
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds