Estrogen (Valentines 2011)

These were part of previous collections which didn't get voted into the Permanent Collection. They are beautiful and have their avid followings. You would be able to purchase them during a Retour, which Possets brings back all of the fragrances they have ever made and offers them for sale again for a limited time.

Moderator: Maya

warriortwo
archangel
archangel

Post by warriortwo »

The companion piece to Testosterone, but perfect on its own. Where he is hard, she is soft. Where he is astringent, she is emollient. A sweet and melting fragrance to make him come to her an be her love slave. Soft fringed spun sugar blends seamlessly with sandalwood and gray musk. A slight edge of the lightest sage and blond boxwood. A very small amount of lemon zest rounds out this ethereal blend which is just lovely.

I am surprised to say, I don't care for Estrogen! It is sort of appealing in the bottle, sandalwood and gray musk being notes I love, but as soon as I put it on, I get some sort of spice, and spices rarely work on me. I think it might be clove or cinnamon, mayyybe ginger, but for sure it spoils it for me. Not that it smells "bad" on me, I just don't like the spicyness.
wl552
powers
powers

Post by wl552 »

I knew I was taking a risk with notes like sage and boxwood, (though blond woods usually work better for me); the gray musk is also iffy. However, I had this idea that it would be sort of awesome if some day I wore Estrogen while the Mr wore Testosterone.

At first, it's sort of... huh?woah! This is not girly in any way, shape or form. I also get a pretty good dollop of spice that warriortwo smelled. I actually like foody spicey, so that's okay with me, but I think either the sage or gray musk is throwing things a bit off for me. Very occasionally I'll get a hint of that sugar... I wish it was more of the spun sugar and not so much a burnt sugar smell. I'm usually okay with burnt sugar, but if this could've been more spun, I think it would've softened things a bit more. Estrogen is more Power Woman... losing a bit of her femininity, imo.

I actually don't dislike this. But I'm going to give it some mellow time and definitely wear this when I want to feel empowered and bold. I have a sneaking feeling this is going to be one of those scents that haunt me. Like Halo haunts me. It's not something I love right away, but it sticks in my head so deeply that I'll catch whiffs of it in my imagination and have to wear it.
pink.dot
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by pink.dot »

I really like this scent. It isn't what I was expecting to be. I smell the spice and it reminds me a bit of pumpkin. I get a hint of lemon zest. The sugar it's blended very well with the boxwood and the sandalwood. I think I will buy a full bottle!!!
ocarina
primordial
primordial

Post by ocarina »

This throws pretty spicy on me too... don't know why:Rubbing_Eyes_emoticon:
When I think back on all the crap I learned in high school, it's a wonder I can think at all. --Paul Simon
Boudicca

Re: Estrogen (Valentines 2011)

Post by Boudicca »

Bump because Retour
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds