Mountain (Yoga - Summer 2011)

These were part of previous collections which didn't get voted into the Permanent Collection. They are beautiful and have their avid followings. You would be able to purchase them during a Retour, which Possets brings back all of the fragrances they have ever made and offers them for sale again for a limited time.

Moderator: Maya

gypsyjolie
principalities
principalities

Post by gypsyjolie » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:20 pm

The way you feel when you do mountain is that you are stretching your muscles and it feels great after putting yourself into a complex and not necessarily comfortable pose. At this point I think of a zesty blend, one which will refresh my consciousness after a difficult but rewarding exercise. Blue musk rides on a cloud of gentian, a small amount of sage and a hint of blueberry. Very refreshing yet stimulating.

My first impression is that it reminds me of Fascinator, with that cleansing, invigorating smell to it - but when I tried Fascinator next to Mountain, they are quite different. Fascinator has that fresh green cedar boughs scent to it - and I think the sage in Mountain is mimicing that sort of cleansing, stimulating scent. There is the lovely blueberry at the heart of Mountain though - sweetish but not candy-like.

Mountain smells very different in the vial than on my skin. It's sort of medicinal and sharp in the vial, but on my skin it warms, the blueberry comes up, and the scent seems to expand and get softer and lusher as you wear it. It's very spa-like and herbal from the sage, but the berry makes it warmer and more wearable than a cold herbal scent. Invigorating and yet relaxing. I'm loving this!

Unisex, clean, herbal, earthy/natural, spa-like
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. ~ e e cummings

critterfriend
archangel
archangel

Post by critterfriend » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:45 am

Origin: decant from wl552 (Thanks!!)

Wet: BLUEBERRY!!! & something kind of sharp-incensey/head shop-ish

Drydown: less blueberry now & more of the incensey/head shop note, however the throw (which is moderate) is sweet blueberry

Later: blueberry melded with something perfumy (but not as sharp or incensey); throw is still a lovely blueberry

Thoughts: I really love the blueberry in Mountain, & I love that it is so prevalent, but the other note(s) don't really work for me. I wish it smelled up close the same way it smells in the throw.

MageLocusta
primordial
primordial

Re: Mountain (Yoga - Summer 2011)

Post by MageLocusta » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:49 pm

I just got a decant of this (because there are SO MANY SUMMER SCENTS TO CHOOSE FROM!), and wow I didn't realise how sweet this scent was going to be!

To be truthful, this definitely doesn't smell like an 80s Shortcake doll--neither does this scent smell like any of those gourmand 'blueberry muffin/cheesecake' scents that I've tried (even though I love those kind of scents, I just have so many of those that I need a blueberry scent that's a little different), and it doesn't even smell like an over-ripe or watery blueberry! Instead, this is the smell childhood blueberry picking--when the smell of EVERYTHING is misted by time and nostalgia, and the taste of fruit (no matter how tart) is sweeter to your senses as a child (also, I feel like I'm COVERED in blueberry bits--so this is probably the reason why I'm thinking 'Kids+Blueberry Picking').

The sillage is GREAT though, as the oil warms on my skin--the perfume puffs out little blueberry-notes which I could smell on an arm's length. And there's *something* underneath the blueberry that reminds me of light-brown earth and bitter greens, and it turns out that the 'earthy' and greenish smell are the gentian flowers and sage? It's a really effective pair of notes because it feels like I'm crouching under a blueberry shrub--and after a while I finally get a sense of the blue musk (which hovers like grey mist on top of the blueberry after 10 minutes, like a trail of mist crawling on top of a mountain's peak). This is definitely a lovely homage to the concept of mountains (and even though this is pretty sweet, it's not sticky sweet and the rest of its notes make it more atmospheric).

If I were to give a good idea on what Mountain's scent is like...it starts off like mashed blueberries with the velvety touch of blueberry skin (but not the peely aspect of it), earthy flowers and greenery--and then it becomes like a photograph of a blue mountain. Misty, mysterious, and very much like staring into an outside world from yesteryear (and aw crud, I'm getting over-dramatic again. I guess it's obvious that this scent is a win for me!).