Bad Catholics (Halloween 2011)

These were part of previous collections which didn't get voted into the Permanent Collection. They are beautiful and have their avid followings. You would be able to purchase them during a Retour, which Possets brings back all of the fragrances they have ever made and offers them for sale again for a limited time.

Moderator: Maya

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Bad Catholics (Halloween 2011)

Post by Maya »

The Possets description: "Some of the most delightful people you know are bad Catholics, certainly some of the most entertaining (like me for instance). Why? I have no idea but it's true. So it's about time someone did something to commemorate this overlooked but highly appreciated group of people. Sweet like a bit of chocolate liquour but only the bitter kind which is wound in with a lot of amber of the sweetest variety, then shot with coconut milk and a candy buttery scent. Now you know why bad Catholics are so irresistible. Dancing on the edge of foody and sophisticated, this is a very sexy hybrid fragrance which happily walks both sides of the street."
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
Palmademallorca
mortal
mortal

Re: Bad Catholics (Halloween 2011)

Post by Palmademallorca »

I'm not fond of chocolat scents, but this one is amzing !! chocolat and coconut ! very cosy, I like it for the sundays at home.
portalkat
mortal
mortal

Post by portalkat »

I wasn't that crazy about this scent when it first came out, but that might be because I was just in a resin frame of mind. I just put some on and it is just the most delightful blend of coconut and chocolate. The chocolate is more like chocolate liqueur, but without the alcohol bite - or maybe chocolate with coconut liqueur. I do not usually go for foody scents, but this a nice crossover scent. Maybe it reminds me a bit of eating chocolate while sitting in a room where coconut incense is wafting around. I just slathered it on for the day and it has aged beautifully.
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats »

This is such a surprisingly harmonious combination. On me, the amber is the most prominent note, and it has an almost citrussy brightness that I wouldn't have expected to go so well with chocolate and coconut, but somehow it works. This is a fun, bright fragrance that isn't overwhelmingly foodie. As Fabienne puts it in the description, it's a hybrid of foodie and perfumy. It's truly like nothing else I have, and I think it'll be a lot of fun to wear.
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.