The Bat Fur Cloak

These were part of previous collections which didn't get voted into the Permanent Collection. They are beautiful and have their avid followings. You would be able to purchase them during a Retour, which Possets brings back all of the fragrances they have ever made and offers them for sale again for a limited time.

Moderator: Maya

forspecial
archangel
archangel

The Bat Fur Cloak

Post by forspecial »

Possets description: "Bat Fur Cloak-The title came to me as I was mixing it up...the scent reminds me of a little girl whose favorite garment was (what else) a fur cloak made of bat fur which belonged to a beloved relative and always seemed to have some delicious candy hidden in the pocket. I don't know why that idea came to me, but it did and the image which was painted by Rembrandt! So, this is a comforting somewhat perfumy blend with delicate fruits and a shot of some sweet and rich treat. Unusual, unisex and really compelling."

This is a light, sweet scent, soft and comforting. It has a warmth at first that reminds me of Ribbands for some reason. Then I noticed the fruits, and for a while I was thinking of a delicate fall-fruit pastry, slightly flaky but not buttery.

This makes me think of Ribbands or Luminaria, only slightly fruity/apple-y instead of creamy or coffee. Think of a chilly fall day, and how you feel snug in your favorite sweater (or cloak!), walking past a bakery or sweets store, and you start to get the idea. The scent stays close to my skin, like a soft cashmere scarf. It's really lovely and I will enjoy wearing it!
Catsmeow
preternatural being
preternatural being

The Bat Fur Cloak

Post by Catsmeow »

I'm enjoying this perfume as well! I also picked up on Ribbands - no coffee, mainly creamy raspberry liqueur (creme de framboise). The fruit here is delicious - wet in the bottle, it reminds me of the raspberry center inside of a chocolate-covered jelly stick, but without the chocolate. Sniffing it again just now, there are some darker fruits swirled in, possibly cassis (blackcurrant).

There are airy and delicate cake notes.

Forspecial is right about the feel of soft garment - once again, Fabienne proves to be a genius with texture. When I put this on, I felt enrobed with a black velvet coat, warm and dreamy! :heartsabove:
ivy_fiddlefox
archangel
archangel

The Bat Fur Cloak

Post by ivy_fiddlefox »

Yes this is a sweet and comforting scent but VERY light, I need a locket!!!
maribouquet
preternatural being
preternatural being

The Bat Fur Cloak

Post by maribouquet »

This one isn't really working for me, sorry to say. It's syrupy-sweet, like a cherry rickey, when wet. But as it dries it smells like bubble bath, which makes me wonder if there is violet in this blend. Not for me, unfortunately.
citharadraconis
mortal
mortal

The Bat Fur Cloak

Post by citharadraconis »

Mmm. This is soft and rich with dark fruits, sugar and a hint of pastry, elegant yet sweetly playful--it smells burgundy to me, if that makes any sense. Like being a little girl wrapped in velvet, indeed--or bat fur! :D
fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Bat Fur Cloak

Post by fabienne »

No bats were harmed in the making of Bat Fur Cloak...it's just the thought of it. Plus that Rembrandt picture!
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!
blupest
a spark
a spark

The Bat Fur Cloak

Post by blupest »

This scent is very faint..both in the bottle and on. What I CAN detect is quite lovely and candy-like. I'll let it age and see if the scent deepens to a more detectable one .
whiskerswhispers
principalities
principalities

The Bat Fur Cloak

Post by whiskerswhispers »

Bat Fur Cloak
In vial: a slightly buttery caramelised fruit scent.
On skin: ooh, this is nice. this smells of sweet fruity jam and purple fruits with a hint of butter and spices, and something nutty-boozy at the back, like amaretto. Like a really sophisticated filling for an autumnal fruit tart. It reminds me of Pomona actually, only it’s more like a scent of plums and blackberries/currants than peaches, and the nut note is more like almond. This also has a rich, sweet, non-foody background, possibly amber, which I got in Gibbous and Madeira. This one is a little more gourmand than those though. at times I also smell stewed apple in here…and then the scent smells like cherries. Boozy cherry liqueur, sweet plums in syrup, and a sugary, slightly spicy topping, like that of a fruit crumble. Eventually it becomes all cherry, maybe with a hint of plum to it, but it smells like pure cherries to me, like a sour cherry sauce spiked with kirsch-this isn’t very sweet, it’s a tart fruit scent now. The only problem is that now the scent is very faint on me-just a scraping of cherry, maybe a hint of spice (I’ve noticed that many Possets Halloween scents have a similar, and very delectable, spicy scent to them) but I was hoping for a bit more oomph. This had potential at the start, to be a lovely complex mix of fruit, foody notes and a little booze, but my skin ate this up until only a trace of cherry remained.
jani04
mortal
mortal

The Bat Fur Cloak

Post by jani04 »

I smell cake! Angel food cake mixed wit red velvet cake.. yummy
dawna
preternatural being
preternatural being

The Bat Fur Cloak

Post by dawna »

This is super super super light. To be honest I can barely smell it. What I do get though is a sweet, light, almost whimsical sugared fruits scent. Its nice but way too light for me.