The Bat Fur Cloak

These were part of previous collections which didn't get voted into the Permanent Collection. They are beautiful and have their avid followings. You would be able to purchase them during a Retour, which Possets brings back all of the fragrances they have ever made and offers them for sale again for a limited time.

Moderator: Maya

jani04
mortal
mortal

The Bat Fur Cloak

Post by jani04 »

Really?? I love strong scents and this one is just right, I put in my order for a bottle :D
Clare
mortal
mortal

The Bat Fur Cloak

Post by Clare »

This is very light on me as well. It reminds me of a coconut-vanilla cake. There's only the barest hint of other fruits on me; it's definitely not as fruity as say, Sam. I'm surprised no one else has mentioned coconut. It also smells a bit like a Lip Smacker lip gloss I have in "Cool Cotton Candy" flavor. Sounds tacky, but trust me, it's a good thing. Even though Bat Fur Cloak is a very pretty scent, it's much too faint to warrant a full bottle for me, but if you're a foody scent lover it might be worth a try, even if you have to use it in a scent locket.
1TrueEarthMama
preternatural being
preternatural being

The Bat Fur Cloak

Post by 1TrueEarthMama »

Another plea for help. I hate cherry, but I loved the description for this on the site and the scent that some of the reviewers describe. Should I be afraid and avoid this one, as cherry gives me a headache, especially in conjunction with almond? Something really appealing though about the notion of a bat fur cloak. Maybe that's my POTO or my Snape sympathies showing them selves, or the fact that I empathize with the oft misunderstood creatures that are in fact quite cute and furry in the wild, when they are healthy and not cornered, thus posing no threat or health risk to humans.
glasspillars
a spark
a spark

The Bat Fur Cloak

Post by glasspillars »

I got to try this in both the original version and reformulated version. I'm horrible at describing scents but I will do my best!

original - initially it has a very musty smell in the bottle , it kinda reminds me of mildew but there is something very sweet and light in there too. Although this scent is so light it really smells musty and fizzy, kinda bitter, kinda moist with a faint hint of fruit candy. Eventually the "musty" scent tones down giving the faint fruity candy a dry, dusty, fuzzy quality. This scent is very light, it does kinda bring to mind an old fur cloak that was brought out of a cold mildewy old attic or something, with some old piece of fruity taffy that has been left in the pocket.

reformulation - Ok i don't know why I get pears in this but definitely no mildew, its actually a very light crisp clean scent. Theres something in this one that gives me the sense of moisture. After wearing it awhile it begins to get sweeter but not overly, its so faint but its a nice scent, I think I do get a bit of a dust scent in this but no fuzzy mildew and the sweet part is in the forefront this time, this faded really fast on me, although it is a light scent. This one is more like wearing a brand new bat fur cloak, all clean and glossy with a cold satin lining, while sucking on a piece of pear hard candy.

Overall I really enjoyed the original, it is so much more of what you would imagine a Bat Fur Cloak would smell like, but the mildewy scent is slightly off putting, to me it is more of a scent experience than a perfume, which I enjoyed greatly. The reformulation is a much better, more wearable "perfume" fragrance, but I have a hard time associating it with the name and scent description.
Ajila
preternatural being
preternatural being

The Bat Fur Cloak

Post by Ajila »

The orginal starts out all fruit and coffee, whereas the revision is a much more candied boozy scent, but it the dry down, on me at least they are very similar; a soft skin musk, with a sweet undertone. Both faded very quickly on me.
warriortwo
archangel
archangel

The Bat Fur Cloak

Post by warriortwo »

The painting is actually by Rubens, not Rembrandt. :painter: