Pneumatic Lover

These were part of previous collections which didn't get voted into the Permanent Collection. They are beautiful and have their avid followings. You would be able to purchase them during a Retour, which Possets brings back all of the fragrances they have ever made and offers them for sale again for a limited time.

Moderator: Maya

Gemma
archangel
archangel

Pneumatic Lover

Post by Gemma »

Official description: Oh, what a WICKED idea! A pneumatic lover, indeed? And how attractive is this notion? Manly, goodly and best with brass goggles. Yes! Precious woods and brass, exotic spice and earthy florals. Hmmm, that's either his aftershave, or her lingering perfume in there!

I'm not the best at picking out notes but hopefully this will give some people an idea about this lovely blend!

Initially: Freshness in this, which reminds me of mint but isn’t mint (helpful, I know!). It has an airy, open feel.

As it dries: There’s spiced woods; soft and definitely not like pencil shavings. The florals are strong when wet but settle attractively into the woods, making this a rounded blend. I thought it would be heavy but it’s actually very light and wearable. I can pick up on the 'brass' now, too.

Drydown: It gets really sweet. I've been trying to work out what it reminded me of all day, and then it hit me; honey! Not perfume-y honey but actual honey in a jar. It gets a slight vanilla-powder feel to it, too.

Eventually, I'm left with a sweet, woodsy, honey-touched perfume that is very pretty and certainly unique.
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Pneumatic Lover

Post by Atropos »

When I first put this on I get just what Gemma gets. Honey, real, honest-to -goodness, golden clover honey. Then as it is drying down on my skin it is honey and florals, but not old lady as florals like to do to me. Then the sandalwood, and I swear there is Lavender or Lavender oude in this. The florals and honey settle into the more masculine male cologne aspect and the sandalwood. I am in love. This is so beautiful. And, it is multi bottle worthy. I think I will be getting another bottle before it goes poof. This totally blows me away. It last all day, and has a terrific throw, so I have to be careful not to slather too much.:arrow:
ivy_fiddlefox
archangel
archangel

Pneumatic Lover

Post by ivy_fiddlefox »

omg honey??? I must get this! somehow...
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Pneumatic Lover

Post by Atropos »

Oh and may I say I had two co workers come by my desk and say something smelled good. That would be me and my Pneumatic Lover.:devil:
whiskerswhispers
principalities
principalities

Pneumatic Lover

Post by whiskerswhispers »

Pneumatic Lover
In vial: agh, what? It smells like oddly rancid flowers, like wilted rose and camomile.
On skin: there’s still that weird funky smell which I dare say is a little bit sweaty, but that seems to be leaving…now I smell woods and dry spicy-herbal notes. This reminds me of the Observatory, but a little more burnt? I smell smoke here, charring woods and a bit of metal, more metal than Brass Heart. In fact, this is really smoky, like dry tinder and grasses burning. I also smell herbs like camomile and possibly dry roses, and something earthy and musky, possibly moss? Over time that weird funky note does fade but the scent I have on my skin is of thin burnt wood. There are hints of exotic spice and sandalwood, but I’m not crazy about the charred scent this has. However, this does gradually fade and the scent becomes a smooth, sensual and spiced wood scent. I can’t say what wood but I’m guessing cedar or teak, maybe a hint of redwood, buffed with a hint of something almost like beeswax and something herbal and some spices too. There’s a nice hay-like scent to it now too. Eventually this smells like metal! It’s a little cologne-y, and I still smell the woods and spices, but now I smell something metallic to it-but it works! It’s not a metal note that turns to generic deodorant on me, but one that smells masculine but sexy. I like the drydown but I’m not so sure about the first stages of this scent. I’m keeping the decant though.
forspecial
archangel
archangel

Pneumatic Lover

Post by forspecial »

This is one of those scents that falls into a weird 'blind spot' for me. I can barely smell it. Actually, all I could smell was a papery, powdery sweetness that didn't do much for me. Very faint, and my decant was leaky so I put half of it in an oil burner. Same story, barely any scent, just a slight powder-papery scent, very dry and sneezy. How strange!
hyacinth
archangel
archangel

Pneumatic Lover

Post by hyacinth »

In the bottle: baby powder!
On me: floral...sweet, kinda heavy floral, which I love.
Drydown: seems to disappear before I can evaluate that stage and so I reapply!:pisces:
funkmoppet2
archangel
archangel

Re: Pneumatic Lover

Post by funkmoppet2 »

This was my second fave of this collection after Simulated Cupid. Fabulous name, fabulous blend. The sextastic aftershave notes drift in and out in intensity amongst a divine mix of honeyed woods, hay and spice. My nose doesn't detect much by way of the florals, which is just fine with me. Fabienne doesn't do masculine-leaning unisex often, but when she does I am a ball of joy. A sweet powdery suggestion emerges as it dries and heads into it's snuggly phase. This is the scent on your lover's neck as you entertain wicked thoughts about what to do with the rest of your night. Warm, sexy unisex perfection, and it goes without saying that this would be ah-maze on a guy. It's also ah-maze on me. Purest love.
Boudicca

Re: Pneumatic Lover

Post by Boudicca »

Bump because Retour
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds