Winter Wedding Cake

These were part of previous collections which didn't get voted into the Permanent Collection. They are beautiful and have their avid followings. You would be able to purchase them during a Retour, which Possets brings back all of the fragrances they have ever made and offers them for sale again for a limited time.

Moderator: Maya

dawna
preternatural being
preternatural being

Winter Wedding Cake

Post by dawna »

The bride wore white, it was snowing, and the wedding cake was this super sweet confection made all out of things that make winter cooking special. A yellow cake trimmed in white sugar-butter frosting, and a layer of the most subtle delicate mocha creme was hidden in-between the layers of moist and almost custard like cake. Foody raised to the level of art but still shot through with fun.

In the bottle it is sooooooo foody, straight up vanilla, with a hint of sugar and swirling all around the scent of a rich mocha/coffee scent. Its gorgeous in the bottle.

My skin however, hates me. It went from a foody lovers wet dream to an utter nightmare on my skin. I was so devastated as in the bottle this is just amazing. On my skin, for some reason, something extremely perfumey pops out and amps up and I had to wash it off. I will likely test one more time before this finds a home with someone else who will love it. It really could work in a scent locket I suppose, or maybe as a room scent.

Its gorgeous though Fabienne, my skin chemistry just hates me so much.
Gale
preternatural being
preternatural being

Winter Wedding Cake

Post by Gale »

All I get from this is rich cake with buttercream frosting. And that is all I need! Delicious. It's simple--it's perfect.
amy1238
primordial
primordial

Winter Wedding Cake

Post by amy1238 »

I think I have the same chemistry as Dawna. I'm going to give it another try in a week or two, because I just so want it to work on me. It smells so perfect in the bottle. But on me, something I can't even put my finger on (is it floral? is it something else?) just takes over and it heads straight to the "this is giving me an awful headache" territory. :cry:
coconutcream
preternatural being
preternatural being

Winter Wedding Cake

Post by coconutcream »

i get a strong caramel and mocha smell, smells just how a mocha cake should smell
whiskerwing
archangel
archangel

Winter Wedding Cake

Post by whiskerwing »

Although I do get the cakey buttercreamyess that everyone else is talking about, I also get the odd...not foody note. I don't know if it's floral, or a musk, or what it is, but it was an instant nose-crinkler for the hubby and thus not one I'll use.

Predominantly foody, but with a definite note of "I am a perfume" in this one.
krystyn

Winter Wedding Cake

Post by krystyn »

Oy vey.

In the bottle, it's almost a little bit alcoholic, like a rum babka or something, and it's got the coffee/mocha buttercream there, yes, and mmm. It reminds me of going to organizational teas for a Polish society ball my Mom used to participate in pretty actively for a while - all the tea cakes of different types, mingling in smell, all buttercream and powdered sugar and then the coffee in the big silver tureens at the other end of the banquet table ... it's a nice smell.

On my skin, baby powder. I am gonna let this one sit for a week or two, and then try again. But all that it was in the bottle completely changes on me, which is weird. Normally, foody stuff is awesome with my chemistry. :Raincloud_emoticon:
Soapy955
archangel
archangel

Winter Wedding Cake

Post by Soapy955 »

I wasn't too sure about this one in the bottle as it smelled like any old Bpal scent, which all smell the same to me! However, when I put it on it turned into the most comforting, cake-like, warm smell and I love it! It really is gorgeous. I would liken it to Bpal's Eat Me once on, but as I don't bother with Bpal anymore I'm so glad I have a bottle of Winter Wedding Cake!!
rachel2205
preternatural being
preternatural being

Winter Wedding Cake

Post by rachel2205 »

This actually works pretty well on me, which seems to make me an exception to most reviewers! It reminded me a bit of Tisane of the Witch, but that has a slightly dry note to it that doesn't QUITE work. But funnily enough Winter Wedding Cake smells like it has a bit of dried fruit in it, somehow! There's a pleasant cakiness to it as well. It does have some creaminess, but it's not as "light" a cake as I expected - but I guess that's the wintry element! A nice smell :)
whiskerswhispers
principalities
principalities

Winter Wedding Cake

Post by whiskerswhispers »

Winter Wedding Cake
In vial: mocha! Though in here, with creamy cakey notes, it smells like tiramisu!
On skin: now I smell more of a vanilla cake and something vaguely like a sweet and almost floral musk. A little like Madame X? it reminds me of another Posset, I know that. It’s actually a non-foody scent, musky and soft, and it blend well with the gourmand notes of sweeter vanilla and also the mocha (which is the strongest note). the mocha now has gone dry and almost like a kind of crumbly coffee flavoured biscuit, with lots of brown sugar. It’s not as creamy now, the coffee is dry and dark, and contrasts with the fluffy, vanilla cake underneath. There’s some soft icing to the cake as well, but it’s almost as though the cake has been topped with flowers as well. sadly, this is doing what a lot of foody scents have been doing lately (from many etailers). It’s turning to a burnt papery plastic smell. This burnt, intrusive and sharp smell cuts through the sweet cake and crunchy coffee topping scent. This is the fault of my skin chemistry, not this scent. I just don’t think I can handle many foodies as well as I used to.
morningglory
principalities
principalities

Winter Wedding Cake

Post by morningglory »

This smells like the coffee that God made with Ahm On Yer Bess White Dress. Seriously! It smells almost the same to me, with added coffee. The dry down smells almost identical, though I haven't tested them side by side. I love it.:peace: