Tussy Mussy (Valentines 09)

These were part of previous collections which didn't get voted into the Permanent Collection. They are beautiful and have their avid followings. You would be able to purchase them during a Retour, which Possets brings back all of the fragrances they have ever made and offers them for sale again for a limited time.

Moderator: Maya

morningglory
principalities
principalities

Post by morningglory »

This tussy mussy would be pink, and it would have with it several flowers I associate with the early spring and even deep winter.Violets, winter blooming witch hazel, a hyacinth, primrose, and a sprig of thyme taken from the kitchen windowsill so it's not just all sweet flowers, there is a hint of "gravitas" to this bouquet. Somehow it comes out far more of a unified whole than a "floral perfume", all the flowers play together very nicely.

This one opens up with a sweet note similar to O Dancing Coração, though it's not as sweet and doesn't last as long. While this does smell floral to me, it also smells very fruity during the wet phase, like fresh berries (something between raspberry and strawberry). It's like biting into a perfectly ripe piece of fruit while standing in a flower garden. It does not morph so much as slowly fade into its floral base. The floral note is really so unified its almost impossible to pick out any one individual scent. Its not anything I can properly identify notes in. Its not as herbal as lavender smells, not as mature and deep as rose, not as prominent as violet and yet contains subtle hints of all of these qualities. And the whole thing comes off without smelling typically perfumey. It's a robustly delicate perfume, if that makes any sense. It's very feminine, does not smell offensive or controversial, yet has the tenacious sturdiness of a raspberry bush. The top notes are so beautiful this would make a great scent locket perfume.

ETA: I was right, it does make the loveliest scent locket perfume. I keep getting wisps of happy little sweet florals at unexpected moments. I think this just moved to a bottle purchase.
puck_nc
principalities
principalities

Post by puck_nc »

Origin: decant from eviltemptressdq's circle

Initial Thoughts: It's floral. It's Victorian-inspired. Sold!

In the Vial: A lovely bright, light blast of floral, with a hint of citrus-y fruit dancing in the background.

Wet: A lovely, incredibly well-blended bouquet! This might almost have been better as a spring scent, it's so happy and joyous. I think I'm smelling the flowers that dare the new year first, like daffodil and hyacinth, that all have that clean greenish edge to them. That elusive bit of fruit is hanging around, rather like a fairy that you just glimpse out of the corner of your eye.

Drydown: The fruity hint fades more into the background, leaving the crush of delicate blossoms to take center stage. I get just the tiniest hint of dust/age that lends verisimilitude to the Victorian inspiration.

Verdict: I think I might need a bottle of this. I agree that it is heavenly for a scent locket as well as a great fragrance when you need something light and gentle that will make you happy.
Soapy955
archangel
archangel

Post by Soapy955 »

I just received my bottle and haven't actually tested it yet but from the bottle it smells exactly like the most beautiful Pot Pourri!

A few years ago a local craft village did different craft classes and I went along to the pot pourri making class with a friend. It was so quiet and peaceful there and the air smelt of the most beautiful dried flowers as we sat chatting and mixing petals. Well as soon as I sniffed Tussy Mussy the memories of that lovely day came back to me! I can't wait to try it after my shower, I think I may need more than one bottle!!
whiskerswhispers
principalities
principalities

Post by whiskerswhispers »

Tussy Mussy
In vial: a creamy sweet floral! Almost fruity, there’s a surprising creamy-berry aspect.
On skin: oh, this is one of the prettiest floral scents ever. but strangely, I am getting raspberry here. yes, raspberry! Creamy raspberry milkshake like Utah, but with pretty spring flowers. And I love that. I can smell the violets and hyacinths, definitely. I think I can smell some blossom-y floral notes, maybe some primrose, I can’t identify them but they are very springy. All these flowers, with a creamy raspberry base. And interestingly, I smell a really lovely thyme note underneath, that warm dark herbal adding depth to this otherwise light, dainty floral. Over time it seems to lose that initial creamy raspberry and becomes more of a light fresh dewy floral, a spring floral very reminiscent of the first Cambienne, but sweeter, less earthy, and less green. I smell more of the hyacinth and that incredibly pretty watery violet (no powdery violets here) and something that I’m sure is primrose. This gets more and more like the spring Cambiennes over time, light airy dewy flowers and a touch of rain. I’m not sure if I need more of this-I’ll need to retest it, but I like this one a lot more than expected!
celandine
primordial
primordial

Re: Tussy Mussy (Valentines 09)

Post by celandine »

Testing for Retour, decant from Ajevie:

I had to test this two days in a row because I was reading the reviews above and kind of wondering if I have the same scent! But hey, it happens. :)

This is one of those exceptionally rare perfumes that tells a story as it ages, from the first gathering of flowers in a cool, dew-dampened field to catching sight of them in their vase, brightening your home as you go about your day. Overall, Tussy Mussy on me is a very cool, soft floral, beautifully blended. I can't smell ANY hyacinth, though I think I can pick out the violet, but maybe it morphs differently on different people. For me, it starts off with an aquatic feel, like the note in Water Lilies, but softer and sweeter. After ten minutes or so, I can pick out the raspberry note others mention, but it's more of an an afterthought, like a pink ribbon tied around the bouquet to hold the whole thing together. Overall it's a little like stepping into a florist's shop first thing in the morning, when the freshest flowers have arrived. It truly is beautiful, easily a scent I could wear every day, and I suspect that it will only get better over time!
Boudicca

Re: Tussy Mussy (Valentines 09)

Post by Boudicca »

Bump because Retour
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds