Madame X Squared (Summer 2009)

These were part of previous collections which didn't get voted into the Permanent Collection. They are beautiful and have their avid followings. You would be able to purchase them during a Retour, which Possets brings back all of the fragrances they have ever made and offers them for sale again for a limited time.

Moderator: Maya

puck_nc
principalities
principalities

Post by puck_nc » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:33 pm

It had to be done. Madame X2 . Summery light but sweet and indefinable, it's like Madame X in a white chiffon evening dress. The summertime counterpart for that quintessentially Possets Girl. White ginger hides behind a veil of wheat blossoms (!). Deep white musk holds down the blend while a float of sunflower pollen binds it all together. Lemony but with no lemon in the blend, it is a great summertime fragrance. The miracle of Madame X Squared is that it is very light but very persistent. A study in impossible pairings and a real stunner.

Origin: decant from eviltemptressdq's circle

Initial Thoughts: Madame X is one of my favorite perfumes ever, and I was intrigued by the thought of a lighter, "summer" version.

In the Vial: Interesting. Lightly musky, lightly ginger. Sophisticated. It does have that feel of the original Madame X without being seductive or heavy.

Wet: Pale ginger, with the lemony impression coming out without being actually lemon. I'm getting an impression of sandalwood from somewhere as well. It almost gives the impression of lemony wood polish, but never goes over the edge. It feels a bit Asian to me.

Drydown: The lemony impression backs down a bit, and this is actually starting to turn a bit masculine to my mind. It's a very light gingery musk with that persistent sandalwood impression (the wheat, perhaps?) and makes me think of an exquisitely crafted men's cologne, only for those of the most refined taste.

Verdict: I like it, but it's not immediately screaming "BOTTLE!" to me. Must play with the decant more.

steffanina
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by steffanina » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:46 pm

Oh my God, it's Tom Kha soup! It's creamy coconut milk and lime juice and galangal. Stress on the "creamy." Very rich and fragrant and just yummy!

Gemma
archangel
archangel

Post by Gemma » Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:27 am

Really soft and pretty. I’m not entirely sure what I’m smelling, here. The first time I tried this it wasn’t strong at all but then I kept smelling something delectable all day and finally realised it was this! I wore it all of yesterday and it is such a wonderful musky, sweet, slightly watery coconut. I don’t get much of anything else but this most beauteous coconut deliciousness. YUM. This is my surprise love of the summer blends I have tried so far. It is the most wonderful coconut scent and I absolutely need a bottle!

Delirium1009
a spark
a spark

Post by Delirium1009 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:07 pm

This is a beautiful, light, slightly creamy and fruity fragrance. What I get the most from it is a sweetened coconut, like the inside of a Mounds bar. Alongside that though I get a fresh, sweet note kind of like green or white tea and some kind of fruit. It's hard to pin down any of the notes except the coconut. What I can say that this blend has an airy type of feel, and while it isn't really strong, it has a great throw. My husband could smell it across the room after I wore it for a bit, but it still smells very light and clean. Overall, a very pretty summer scent.

Rebecca
primordial
primordial

Post by Rebecca » Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:52 pm

This is an absolutely beautiful blend, and I do hope this makes it to the permanent collection. While I don't consider it masculine, it reminds me of the scent that lingers with you after you've had a deep embrace with your man... :twosome: definately a scent that you want to stay with you. Very well done, Fabienne!

HappyLoveJoy
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by HappyLoveJoy » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:12 am

Fruit-n-cream coconut candy. When I close my eyes and sniff my wrist, that's what comes to mind. Remember the tropical flavored Lifesavers? I don't know if they still exist but there was a coconut flavored one that was reeeeeally good. This reminds me of its yummy goodness. MX2 is warm and creamy, reminscent of the original MadameX, but evokes the image of a cool breeze blowing through a sheer white curtain on a hot day. I can't smell ginger in the traditional biting-spice way it normally comes across but I think I can smell it hiding behind the creamy note. Overall this is fresh, creamy, syrup-y and just downright beautiful.

etienne
archangel
archangel

Post by etienne » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:50 am

This is so good! Creamy coconut with a light musky, sweet base. This is a great summer scent although the coconut is almost a foody coconut rather than a typical summer/tropical one. It doesn't really remind me of Madame X, this is a scent in its own right.

It also has pretty good throw and seems to stick around on skin better than many other Possets scents.

I'm glad I have a bottle and I'm hoping this gets voted into the permanent category!

MollyG
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by MollyG » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:45 pm

Swoony swoon swoon! The original Madame X isn't my cuppa, but I am in ***love*** with Madame X Squared! Lovely, creamy, dreamy coconut with an Asian accent of ginger and something citrusy. I totally get the Tom Kha that Steffanina picked up. The scent becomes less creamy and a little drier/woodier in the drydown. It starts a little loud (and I wouldn't want it any other way -- I could roll around in a tub of this stuff!) but wears close to the skin in the drydown. What a stunning summer scent! I hope it becomes part of the permanent collection.

whiskerswhispers
principalities
principalities

Post by whiskerswhispers » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:56 am

Madame X Squared
In vial: coconut, without a shadow of a doubt.
On skin: coconut and musk. This is Madame X with a tan. This is gorgeous, a real summer skin scent. The coconut is the strongest note and it does have a hint of something suntan-ish about it, but in a pleasant way. Underneath it, I smell a whole load of musk. Dark musk and skin musk, I think. Definitely sweet and sugary vanilla tinged musk, but with a darker scent than Madame X, and also a lot less pink and the sugary scent is less obvious. Madame X has a pink sugary vanilla coconut floral musk scent, but X Squared has the coconut and musk notes doubled. There is a small similarity between the scents but this to me is what happened when Madame X went on holiday. And no doubt bagged herself some serious holiday romances with that sexy scent! Unfortunately the coconut does amp on my skin in here, despite the lovely scent of the Madame X musks underneath, this turns to sun lotion on me. as Possets coconut scents go, I prefer Put the _____.

tarayvonne
virtues
virtues

Post by tarayvonne » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:38 am

Where is this scent on the list available for purchase? It totally sounds like my cup of tea but I'm not finding it! Sold out? In light of this problem could someone recommend a good creamy coconut scent (that doesn't smell alot like lime as well)? :cry: