Madame X Squared (Summer 2009)

These were part of previous collections which didn't get voted into the Permanent Collection. They are beautiful and have their avid followings. You would be able to purchase them during a Retour, which Possets brings back all of the fragrances they have ever made and offers them for sale again for a limited time.

Moderator: Maya

stephgem77
a spark
a spark

Madame X Squared (Summer 2009)

Post by stephgem77 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:49 pm

Absolutely delicious......:1shimmykitty:

Melian17
primordial
primordial

Re: Madame X Squared (Summer 2009)

Post by Melian17 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:48 am

I'm getting mostly a lemony-ginger musk on my skin. There's a little hint of fresh coconut in the background, similar to the coconut note used in Silver Coconut. It reminds me of ginger lemon tea. Very refreshing for summertime.

Zahira
primordial
primordial

Post by Zahira » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:58 pm

Oh my goodness I can't believe this one hasn't gotten more love. This is spicy, lemony, coconutty, floraly deliciousness. This one is so difficult to review because of how unique it is. I can definetely see the comparisons to tom ga soup, but not savory at all...it is sweet, gingery, coconut, with a current of waxy florals underneath. It is one of those scents that linger in your mind after you've smelt it. I think this is one of my top 3 Possets of all time. Plus it lasts a very long time on me, but persists in the most subtle, skin scent delicious way. This is so perfect for spring and summer, even though it is amazing on me in the dead of winter. LOVE!!!!!! Fabienne please make this permanent despite the votes!! Or I might have to hoard it....

PeculiarHeroine
mortal
mortal

Post by PeculiarHeroine » Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:29 am

I am a big fan of Madame X. Its such a sophisticated vanilla, with a rich layer of beeswax and a quality I can only describe as Candlelight. So I have unashamedly leapt on every incarnation of the Lady that I can find.
The only way I can describe Squared is that it is a scent that is "sheer". Madame is indeed in her soft chiffon gown. The beloved candlelit quality is lighter, more transparent, and touched with a light spiciness, which is very pleasant.
I love this as an addition to my summer scent wardrobe. Madame X is always in season.

:madamex:

As a side note, there is a portrait of the Madame X (painted not by Sargent but by someone else, later), where she is in a white chiffon dress. Her strap has slip down there as well!

marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Post by marisaviola » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:38 pm

I am posting this copied from my review posted in late 2015 when it came back for a holiday collection and I tried a sample vial--I agree with previous reviewers, it's very lovely and has a fresh ginger (not baking spice but more the plant itself) aspect:
In the vial I smell a creamy musk and something added that reminds me of two different famous Possets: Courtly Love and also Haiku--Fangping Gauze Screen, both of which I love. Putting it on I would echo the description that it's very light but lingering. It's soft and not in your face but it does not fade quickly on me. I can smell a soft cloud around me just from putting it on my wrist. The ginger to me is very present, a fresh ginger smell rather than a spice or bakery type note--what is a touch of peach and some osmanthus in Gauze Screen and light apricot and jasmine in Courtly Love seems to be ginger and a golden type floral note--I don't know what sunflower pollen is supposed to smell like but this is not what I think of as a strong honey note, though it could be a honeyed floral. It's not like gardenia or mimosa or linden and not very floral, but just a touch. I'm getting that golden or yellow flower scent rather than lemon. This definitely is a beautiful spring or summer blend and would do very well, I think, in warmer weather. It's light and ethereal without being watery or faint.