Moonie (OAR 09)

Ingredients can disappear and that means that the Possets which are made from those ingredients must disappear also. These are the blends to which we have to make a fond farewell.

Moderator: Maya

funkmoppet
preternatural being
preternatural being

Moonie (OAR 09)

Post by funkmoppet »

Moonie is a very sweet guy and is well loved at the rescue. He isn't the youngest cat there, but he manages to win over an exceptional number of the volunteers hearts. A dancing oriental filled with spices and resins from the East. All of the good things you can think of are undoubtedly put into this blend to give you the impression of the goodness of Moonie.:)

There's that gingerbread smell again, and it can often spell doom for a blend on me. Moonie quickly softens, thankfully, and the less foody notes come in to play. The dry down is really beautiful - musky resin notes come out to play amoung the spice. It's gentle, warm and softly sexy.

I'm a sucker for older animals, so Moonie immediately stole my heart and leapt into my cart - and his scent is a keeper.
samcalam
principalities
principalities

Moonie (OAR 09)

Post by samcalam »

Moonie is a softer gentler not so in your face gingerbread. I could wear him to work and not worry about overpowering the room. So glad I got him. Have not tried in the scent locket yet -will have to try soon and report back.
samcalam
principalities
principalities

Moonie (OAR 09)

Post by samcalam »

I have it in the scent locket now!! Still not overpowering at all but quite lovely. The spices are more noticeable in the scent locket to me:bigsmile:
wl552
powers
powers

Moonie (OAR 09)

Post by wl552 »

The second half of my Yule order; I chose Moonie. I couldn't resist is darling, old-guy face and the notes sounded wonderful.

Moonie is a lovely soft, warm, gentle spice with just the right amount of sweetness. "Eastern spices" can sometimes go off on me, but Moonie is just perfect. I'm so glad to have this and it will get frequent wear. Another love. :)
whiskerswhispers
principalities
principalities

Moonie (OAR 09)

Post by whiskerswhispers »

Moonie
In vial: ohhh! This is beautiful! exotic spices and resins!
On skin: glorious. This is so wonderful…could this be my new favourite kitty? It smells of spiced amber and vanilla! I smell cinnamon, a little clove, all blending together with a sublime sweet golden amber that reminds me of Nepalese amber scents, touched with cardamom. There’s also something that smells like vanilla, a little creamy and gourmand, a little like chai with all the spices, almost buttery but not quite. This is so good though. Amber and spices. Maybe some other resins too, I keep catching glimpses of something that could be frankincense? I also smell sandalwood. Then the scent becomes stronger and wafts like crazy, surrounding me in glowing clouds of spiced amber. I love this so much! I do wonder if there’s a musk note too. It’s also a lovely scent to fall asleep with, cosy spicy sweet warm goodness, like an olfactory purr. I think this is my favourite kitty scent-maybe of all time. Move over Inez!
nissie
preternatural being
preternatural being

Moonie (OAR 09)

Post by nissie »

Wow, to me this really smells like what 'pure' Gingerbread House (without the cajun spices, or the opium) would smell like... Which probably doesn't do this justice, but I've only tried it once yet, and my first impression is that there is a definite connection between the Gingerbread Houses and Moonie. The drydown of this scent also makes something a tad masculine (reminiscent of Gingerbread Whorehouse) pop out on my skin.

This is a very cozy scent, and like whiskerswhispers said, really nice to wear to bed.
HappyLoveJoy
preternatural being
preternatural being

Moonie (OAR 09)

Post by HappyLoveJoy »

This one is really hard for me to describe! Back in 6th grade I took a piece of fresh ginger root from the kitchen and put it into one of those little plastic containers that the little cheap plastic rings came in. I left it in there for days on end and moisture started to form in it. When I opened the container, the ginger actually smelled just like mens cologne. It wasn't rotten at all. Moonie starts out with that exact same scent and it took me back immediately. Good gosh he smells so frickin' good! It has a sandalwood and spice feel to it plus something like cedar, I think. Clean cedar chips for my hamster cage comes to mind. It would make his fur smell so cozy and sweet and clean. It's soft and powdery but doesn't smell like powder, if that makes any sense at all. I'm going to use up my poppet and see if the need for a bottle hits me.
saosis
preternatural being
preternatural being

Moonie (OAR 09)

Post by saosis »

I like this more than the Gingerbreads, the amber note totally softens it. A lovely one to try at Christmas, would totally fit in with the traditional smells of that time of year.
simonetta.vespucci
archangel
archangel

Moonie (OAR 09)

Post by simonetta.vespucci »

mmm, spice, woods, warm and yummy and totally unisex. i would guess this has some notes in common with over-the-rhine, which i also like.
ElizabethOSP
mortal
mortal

Moonie (OAR 09)

Post by ElizabethOSP »

I adore Moonie. He's resiny, spicy, and sweet (in a resinous, spicy way). Fabienne tucked him in as a sample with one of my orders. I am SO glad! Moonie is wonderful. A full bottle is sitting in my cart even as we speak! :Smitten_emoticon: