Gingerbread Opium Den

Ingredients can disappear and that means that the Possets which are made from those ingredients must disappear also. These are the blends to which we have to make a fond farewell.

Moderator: Maya

hyacinth
archangel
archangel

Gingerbread Opium Den

Post by hyacinth »

Oh, those naughty gingerbread people! I love the label on this one. And it smells like...gingerbread! I don't catch any other scent here. Just lovely, comforting gingerbread.
:pisces:
palma
archangel
archangel

Gingerbread Opium Den

Post by palma »

Gingerbread + something like "Opium" yves st Laurent.
Wonderful !:HOXmasCsnowmkl010owink:
hyacinth
archangel
archangel

Gingerbread Opium Den

Post by hyacinth »

Wow---I never thought of that----Opium was my favorite fragrance before I moved to Possetland! I am thoroughly addicted to this Gingerbread---and detected something more than a Gingerbread scent---well, thank you, Palma! You have a great nose!:pisces:
Bunnycoat
preternatural being
preternatural being

Gingerbread Opium Den

Post by Bunnycoat »

This is my favourite Posset so far.... very gingerbready in the bottle but as soon as it touched my skin I smelt gunpowder.... it is strong and spicy and gorgeous.... I walked past Teddy and he said that a Christmas Pudding had just walked by - and he wasn't talking about my extra Christmas tummy !! I used to love YSL Opium long ao but I had gone off it on my skin..... this Posset has only been on me for a little while and it is developing in a very nice way.... will be interesting to see how it goes over time. I vote for this seasonal to stay - or else I will have to order a bathtub full!!!!
gypsyjolie
principalities
principalities

Gingerbread Opium Den

Post by gypsyjolie »

Gingerbread spices with vanilla and sexier opium smoke & a soft musk - this is still foodie but not as completely so as the other Gingerbreads. Very nice, if you can stand the spiciness. Not too perfumey - softer.
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. ~ e e cummings
Ajila
preternatural being
preternatural being

Gingerbread Opium Den

Post by Ajila »

A slightly greasy, heavy gingerbread. Warm, dry, slightly savoury spices. Not as sweet as I expected and the opium gives it a slightly fetid feel.
ladyofthewoods
primordial
primordial

Gingerbread Opium Den

Post by ladyofthewoods »

I got this as a sample & love this one so much I bought a bottle immediately. I get a cross between buttered gingerbread & buttered poppy seed muffin. Sweet but not too sweet & really buttery.....

So far out of all I've tried, I like this one the best!
ladyofthewoods
primordial
primordial

Gingerbread Opium Den

Post by ladyofthewoods »

Got my big bottle of this today. I am sooooo in love! :Smitten_emoticon: I can't believe how long this lasts on me. Like, all day! This is definitely going to be a recurring order for me!
ElizabethOSP
mortal
mortal

Gingerbread Opium Den

Post by ElizabethOSP »

I love this scent! I have my precioussss hoard of vials now--thanks, Fabienne!!!--and it's a damn good thing. They'll last for a while *grits teeth*. When it first hits my skin, it's definitely gingerbread! Then I get a strong buttery note underlying everything. Then this incensy feel comes out, and it's really nice. And this is the first time this has happened: It smells best about an inch and further out from my skin! It smells GREAT when I just let it waft and don't plant my nose on my arm. I am going to enjoy this stuff to the bitter end! :skull:

:fleur: ETA Jan. 2011: Just had to come back and mention that I enjoy this *more* each time I wear it. By now, I don't care whether I'm smelling it straight from my skin, or from its throw. It's weird and wonderful. Love it!
1TrueEarthMama
preternatural being
preternatural being

Gingerbread Opium Den

Post by 1TrueEarthMama »

I was so excited for this, loving whorehouse and crackhouse to pieces, but it was too, erm, smokey? Bitter? Something just didn't work on me, which honestly is a good thing because it means I don't have to pine after a discontinued scent, and it liberates another full bottle for someone else. I really am a foody, and this wasn't as foody as either of the other two gingerbreads for me, so for foodies who can't stand it too foody, this would be a good choice. For those who are ooey gooey foody purists, this might not be quite what they're looking for. Nice, interesting, spicey, foody, smokey, but a bit too smokey for me. Reminds me of Infernal Barbicue Sauce, Halloween and The Girls Love Ginger, so if you liked any of those, then this might be just your thing.