Mockingbirds Trilling Their Mating Songs

Ingredients can disappear and that means that the Possets which are made from those ingredients must disappear also. These are the blends to which we have to make a fond farewell.

Moderator: Maya

occurs
primordial
primordial

Post by occurs »

"This is a musky, beautiful, dry fragrance. Very sexy in a summer kind of way. Grey musk blends with green fragrance which is held in place by a bit of blue musk, chamomile and styrax. Straightforward but very agreeable, not gourmandy but perfumey. A bouquet of notes as I would expect Mr. Mockingbird to present to the Mrs."

I love this, it is ozone-y in a soft non-green kind of way. The musk's are dry, non-cloying, the bouquet seems to be the lightest dash of hay-like, wildflower-like, maybe a tid-bit of a non-sweet, non-tart berry (i can't put my finger on it). Great for summer, but i see it wearing well into the fall! Another perfume i have nothing else like it in my collection.

Oh and the chamomile is lovely, makes it all so soft and more interesting, but this is no put you to sleep kind of scent, i smell this mostly when it is wet on my skin and as it dries down it becomes one with the musks.

If i was not thinking about the title of the perfume i would say this could fall in the category of "book" inspired scent, sort of "refined, elegant, and lovely, with a noble bearing and seemingly gentle air"-these words are to define "Dorian" on BPAL, however i feel the same way about this scent, but add a little more earth to it and get rid of the smirk to dorian. Not a loud scent, but noticable, long throw, sort of gets stronger, probably because of the musks after a half hour of wear
emma
archangel
archangel

Post by emma »

I'm shocked this isn't getting more love, because It's really beautiful! I had a mockingbird nest outside my kitchen window last summer,and got to watch the babies as I did dishes. It is definatly a perfumey blend in a way I can't really define. It's not flowery, I don't get ozone, and It's not resinous, I'm at a loss! Thank goodness Fabienne is not! If you have passed this by, I urge you to give it a try. This is one of three Possets that my Nieces and friend LOVED. I hope it stays around, otherwise I've gotta get several more bottles!
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

Okay, I wasn't sure with the description...but OMG! This is fantastic. The color is green, and it is the perfect Summer scent. The scent is fantastic. The musks ground it and keep it from floating away. The chamomile and the styrax are sweet and light. I love this so much! Oh Fabienne, you continue to delight and amaze.
Diva Urd
primordial
primordial

Post by Diva Urd »

In the vial: How interesting. I can't really describe this too well... it's not very florally OR resiny to my nose, the color my brain supplies for the scent is a baby blue, but it's not cutesy, either.
On: After I put it on, I'm getting a bit more of the green notes, but it's still a soft blue to me, a little floral, a little resin, a little depth and a little softness all in one package. I'm not sure it's "me" at this point, but it is pretty.
Later: Where's the beef, uh, scent? It seems my skin ate it :sad:
Bella2811
primordial
primordial

Post by Bella2811 »

Very green, summer scent, very elegant and soft.
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Mockingbirds Trilling Their Mating Songs

Post by Maya »

I meant to post this a few days ago, but neglected to. I bought Mockingbirds Trilling Their Mating Songs because I just get such a kick out of the mockingbirds here, but I've never really worn it because the notes looked a bit scary.

I finally wore it a few days ago, and fell in love just about immediately. The years, untouched, between when I purchased it and now have turned it into a sweet faintly herbal (the chamomile, I suspect) and charming perfume. It was much sweeter than I expected, but it was more like if chamomile had been boiled down to syrup and it retained and amped all the sweetness. I could not, for the life of me, put my fingers on the notes, but the whole was just delicious and delightful.When I came here to read the notes, I had to double check to see if I really had put on Mockingbirds because I really don't get green from this, except for the very faint chamomile syrup I get down at the bottom. The rest of this is all cuddles and sweet, although it does have a beautifully perfumey base, and it hung around for quite a while. I put it on around lunch, and I could still smell it all around me when I went to bed well after midnight. It may be because it got on my shirt, but I could still get some on my skin as well.

One of my goals over the summer had been to sort and start going through all of my perfumes, to start trying and reviewing the perfumes I haven't really worn and decide whether to keep or put up for swap. I can say this: Mockingbirds is staying right here!
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!