Mt. Lookout (Dark Matter)

Ingredients can disappear and that means that the Possets which are made from those ingredients must disappear also. These are the blends to which we have to make a fond farewell.

Moderator: Maya

puck_nc
principalities
principalities

Post by puck_nc »

A small amount of tuberose and the merest hint of vanilla, a green note which is not sharp or aggressive but tamed. You might find that there is a honeysuckle-like shadow to this but it is the blending of it all which gives that impression. Very pretty, very fun, very feminine but with discipline and happily well bred.

Origin: Straight from Possets

Initial Thoughts: It's a rare floral blend that I don't at least sample.

In the Bottle: Greeny on the first sniff, but floral notes swarm in and soften the green right away. It does give an impression of sophistication, distant but approachable.

Wet: I expected the green to amp on me, as rose sometimes pulls that nasty trick on my skin. But the first impression is a crush of floral with a sweet tinge of vanilla, with the green behaving itself in the background.

Drydown: The green fades on me, letting the scent deepen into a more pronounced sweet vanilla floral. This stage is a bit older and more refined a lady.

Verdict: I like this very much. We'll see if I start to love it.
forspecial
archangel
archangel

Post by forspecial »

Quick review.....I'm giving this to my mom for Christmas, she lives in Mt. Lookout. I think she'll like it.

It goes on like a cheery sweet floral, kind of a candy-ish floral and I think I can smell the vanilla in the description. As it warms up the green notes do come out. It reminds me of something I've worn before but I can't remember what. As a guy I could almost wear this myself. It's a great scent for spring and summer. Very pretty and I hope more people try it because I think lots will like it.
samcalam
principalities
principalities

Post by samcalam »

Tried a POPPET of this today- LOVED IT. Floral vanilla goodness. Wow!!
elly
a spark
a spark

Post by elly »

Yep, this one is great. I received it as a poppet and ordered it in full size. Don't get the vanilla though, just the floral divinity :-)
fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne »

This one is a sleeper! I wear it often and love it when I am in the bath, the steam makes for greatness with Mt. Lookout!
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!
warriortwo
archangel
archangel

Post by warriortwo »

I must have gotten Mt. Lookout in a swap, because I rarely order florals for myself, and vanilla is becoming a little ho-hum (I'm going through all my scents very carefully now, culling anything that has a combo of notes very similar to the blends I can't live without). This one totally snuck up on me, but it's SO lovely and so different for me, although it excites my inner Jane-Austen-loving anglophile. The moment I put it on, I get a strong image of a hot sunny day in a big English garden, carefully pruned and scented by elegant white blossoms, with a base of vanilla to keep it grounded. It's so very tasteful, pretty, and appealing to a lot of people whether you like florals or not, and it has to be a fantastic summer scent. I LOVE Mt. Lookout, and intend to get a bottle to hoard for myself. Love love love.
Diva Urd
primordial
primordial

Post by Diva Urd »

In the vial: A greenish-white floral with underlying creaminess. Interesting!
On: As it warms and dries on my skin, the floral note turns tangy-sweet, the creaminess stays a background hint. It reminds me of BPAL's "Prague" in mood (I hope this comparison is allowed, if not, please excuse my ignorance), though with an extra dollop of vanilla.
Later: I'm afraid this turned into slightly vanilla-y powder on me. Too sad :(
airmide
mortal
mortal

Post by airmide »

Thank you Fabienne for including this in my last order! (I had mentioned I never liked florals til I found Possets).

In the vial, I'm loving it. But I'm also loving many of the others, so I'm not sure which I'll try first. I wanted to record my first impressions before I forget them, and then I'll hopefully remember to come back and add more once everything has rested and I've had a chance to try them on my skin.

It's a very green blend, but without too much of the chlorphyll note which goes up my nose and tickles. There's a high pitched cheerful note which reminds me of the feel of mint, without smelling minty at all. Also a middle note which is sweet, comforting and a little candy-ish. There's an element in there that reminds me a little of Final Snow. So I'm very glad to see Forspecial saying that he would almost wear it as a guy! Final Snow is the one oil my husband likes for himself so I'll be excited to see how he reacts to Mt. Lookout!
orata
mortal
mortal

Post by orata »

Slightly citrussy, slightly green-leafy, very pretty, honeysuckle and... orange blossom? Tuberose? I liked it a lot when it was wet, but as it dried down, it started to smell much sweeter in a way I didn't want it to, almost like candy and melons.
katiushka
archangel
archangel

Re: Mt. Lookout (Dark Matter)

Post by katiushka »

I received a sample of this from another Possetier. Oh my goodness - the green and vanilla are the most DIVINE combination!!! Love at first sight - possibly my favorite Posset ever. I was heartbroken when I found out it's discontinued :cry: ... I do hope Fabienne finds a way to make something similar :hug: