Starlight (Dark Matter 2010)

Ingredients can disappear and that means that the Possets which are made from those ingredients must disappear also. These are the blends to which we have to make a fond farewell.

Moderator: Maya

gypsyjolie
principalities
principalities

Post by gypsyjolie »

This is the fragrance which captivated all of London when Isabella first wore it at her coming out. It is light, dry and sweet at the same time. It is perfectly open-eyed and correct but very very seductive. It lingers and is womanly in a beautiful loved way, nothing to forgive. Dryest musk and vines and moss combine with a hint of pikaki, raspberry. and a very light and fruity fir. It's the sort of a scent that you could be wearing, be kissed by a man and have your mother walk in on you and still be forgiven.

This is quite sprightly - bright and tangy-fruity. The raspberry adds tartness and fruitiness without sweetness, the pikaki adds a floral sweetness, and something is green and springlike. This is *almost* grapefruity in its tangy-ness - not that there is any grapefruit in it, it's softer than that but still bright and energizing like the scent of grapefruit is. This is a sparkling champagne-y kind of musk, effervescent, happy, and energizing. It's sweet but not candy-like. It is not sharp, soapy, or overtly floral either. It's dry, but soft.

As it dries it gets less "fizzy" and the raspberry comes out more, with a base of greenery, like sunlight coming through leaves above you as you lay in the grass on a warm sunny day. The base musk is hazy and warm and bright. This is definitely a summer girly scent. This is the *good* version of the Raspberry body mists that tweens buy and wear in 7th grade.
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. ~ e e cummings
Alaizabel
mortal
mortal

Post by Alaizabel »

I had been eying this scent ever since it came out last year, and I am SO glad I finally got a bottle in the retour! I think this may be one of my top three favorite Possets ever! To me, it's light and fresh (and it sort of has a hint of fabric softener smell... in a good way! very understated and just enough to give it a nice "clean" sense), but also warm and lightly floral. I don't really get the tartness that others get, but there's a tiny bit of sweet fruitiness hovering at the base of this scent that rounds it out so well. I imagine wearing a white sundress, sipping lemonade in some beautiful garden somewhere while wearing Starlight. I love it, love it!
hill78
principalities
principalities

Re: Starlight (Dark Matter 2010)

Post by hill78 »

Really, really like this one! I debated getting it since I just couldn't imagine what it would smell like based on the notes. Now I think I might want a big bottle. This is a perfect spring and summer scent. Light enough not to be overwhelming when your skin gets hot, but still with enough presence that you can tell you're wearing a scent. It has a gentle amount of sweetness, just the perfect amount of fruitiness, a hint of floral, a base of warm, soft, clean-skin like musk, and a soft hint of green....just really lovely. Well blended. I really love this!
funkmoppet2
archangel
archangel

Post by funkmoppet2 »

Not really getting any raspberry here, just a sort of slightly melon-ish vague "fruity" edge to what is mostly soft pikake, wet bright moss, and very sweet, light fir. It's a juicy, bright, happy scent that smells like a nice shampoo or body wash. The kind of smell that, when someone walks past, you get a whiff and think "oh, they smell nice". The musk is a background player, and to be honest, I wouldn't really detect it if I wasn't looking for it.

This is very much a clean, just-out-of-the-shower fragrance. Nice, as I do like the smell of nice shampoo lingering just a little on hair, but I prefer my "just showered" scents to be less sweet, more ozonic. So Starlight isn't for me.
woodenmango
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by woodenmango »

I agree completely with funkmoppet. A clean, fruity scent with a touch of non-screechy floral (the pikake makes me think of the creamy side of carnations or maybe gardenia?). I don't really get a tart raspberry, more like an articificial one that you might find in blue candies but not so sickly sweet. It is indeed like a fancy shampoo or soap very nice and fresh for summer i think. I don't know that I will wear it lots because thats not really my style but I might try it in as a room scent.