The Great Notary Public of Babylon-Halloween 2011

Ingredients can disappear and that means that the Possets which are made from those ingredients must disappear also. These are the blends to which we have to make a fond farewell.

Moderator: Maya

tarayvonne
virtues
virtues

Post by tarayvonne »

Possets description:
"One of the smoothest and most beautiful scents I have ever made, this one combines the smallest hint of violet with 4 ambers and a rare crystal musk with a very small amount of a green scent (something like sweetgrass) and together they made such a perfect harmony that I had to quit and present it to you without more fussing with."

In the bottle:
Amber, musk, I get very little violet but I do smell the grass-like scent.

On my skin: Now I can barely make out the violet, heavier amber, lightly sweet, musk is just a background note. It's quite beautiful but wears close to the skin. Not alot of projection here, I doubt if anyone smells this on you unless they're close enough to you. But it's oh so gorgeous, I love it. I just wish it had a little power behind it so it could be smelled further from the body. I think if the violet have been more, and a hint of smoke had been added to this it would have been very enthralling! A sweeter sexier version of the highly beloved Ava Luxe Midnight Violet that she no longer makes. That one is very chilly and austere, haunting really. I've been nursing my bottle for awhile trying to make it last. I wonder if there's a perfume I could layer with this to get the outcome I'd love? Does anyone know of a straight up violet scent and a light smoke scent that I could layer with this?

It would be neat if Fabienne did single note layering scents like she did with the teas so we could add a hint of this or that to something when we think it would benefit from another note being added in to truly make something to our own liking :)

Anyway, this is very beautiful stuff and I would imagine if you like amber and a little musk you'll adore it. Well worth a full bottle. I'll be buying more of this myself before it goes. I hope it becomes permanent! Oh and it's NOTHING like the Actuary version. Completely different perfume.
tupilak
mortal
mortal

Post by tupilak »

What a GREAT scent !Can`t get enough.
fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne »

Tarayvonne wrote:"It would be neat if Fabienne did single note layering scents like she did with the teas so we could add a hint of this or that to something when we think it would benefit from another note being added in..."

Those were not single notes.They were pretty complex perfumes meant to stand on their own or alone. Kind of hybrids. ended up being an amusing and popular experiment.
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!
tarayvonne
virtues
virtues

Post by tarayvonne »

Well I'm sure you knew what I meant. I've seen lots of other perfumers do single-note layering scents for just this purpose. Some people like adding a dash of this or that into a scent they love but miss some component or other in them. Same concept as layering different Posset perfumes that people here talk about all the time but with a singular scent option instead.
funkmoppet2
archangel
archangel

Re: The Great Notary Public of Babylon-Halloween 2011

Post by funkmoppet2 »

Patience is required with Notary and I. Violet is a flower that I love, but doesn't necessarily love me back. It CAN, but it's a fickle sort of love and more often than not it just dominates everything in a loud and powdery way. That's very much the wet phase of Notary for me: loud powdery violet. Then slowly, gradually, it recedes and becomes a soft suggestion of violet as the amber comes out to play, bringing that lovely musk with it. I really don't detect any "green", I suspect it's there to do a job, not to be seen, man-behind-the-curtain style.

Notary finally settles into a warm and dreamy comfort blend. Dry and sweet. Worth the wait.
Boudicca

Re: The Great Notary Public of Babylon-Halloween 2011

Post by Boudicca »

Violet and amber, what a heavenly combo! I know some have problems with ambers going too powdery & whatnot, and might think violets to be a bit "old ladyish" but I think this is damn sexy. I get just a little sweetgrass and a hint of the musk.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds