The Girls Love to Go Clubbing (Midsummer 2007)

Ingredients can disappear and that means that the Possets which are made from those ingredients must disappear also. These are the blends to which we have to make a fond farewell.

Moderator: Maya

puck_nc
principalities
principalities

Post by puck_nc »

Origin: decant from eviltemptressdq's circle

Initial Thoughts: I've been developing a hankering for clove scents lately.

In the Bottle: Heavily incense-y with the tang of clove hanging over all.

Wet: The honey comes out some, muting the incense impression.

Drydown: The clove stays dominant and the honey stays in the background, providing a sweet edge in a similar fashion to The Girls Love Vanilla.

Verdict: I can see myself possibly using up the Possette, but I'm not sure I'd use enough to justify a bottle.

(cross-posted from a thread that got started in General Discussions)
whiskerswhispers
principalities
principalities

Post by whiskerswhispers »

The Girls Like to Go Clubbing
In vial: honeyed, smoky cloves.
On skin: cloves! Lots of cloves, with tobacco and other deep smoky notes, I also smell something woodsy, and possibly some patchouli. Don't laugh but I'm probably the only one here who's never smelt a clove cigarette. But this is what I'd imagine them to smell like. I've never been to a goth club either (I haven't lived, have I? lol) but this is how I'd imagine them to smell like-well, at least before the smoking ban was implemented! Smoke and cloves and dark perfume, musky patchouli, a touch of booze, and all that topped off with honey. this also reminds me strongly of BPAL's Smiling Spider, I smell the same musky patchouli and woodsy base and that smoky clove note, only this time a delicate and discreet honey note slinking through the crowd of moody notes. This is the darkest of the Girls scents. there's a sweetness to it that comes out after some time which isn't vanilla or honey…maybe it's tonka? Either way, I love this once it tones down, it has a dark, wicked feel to it, and a lovely patchouli depth, and lots of tobacco which makes me think of expensive cigars. This reminds me a little bit of Perversion. Damn, these new Possets LE scents are making me broke. This is another bottle-worthy scent. I also think it will age wonderfully.
Anna D.
primordial
primordial

Post by Anna D. »

hee, I haven't ever smelled/tried a clove cigarette either, but sadly, that's all I get from this one. Initially it's overwhelmingly CLOVE, in a kind of dark, smoky, dusty way (and I agree there there may be some patchouli in this). I only get the tiniest hint of honey, on occasion, and for me, this clove is too dark and almost savory - it's a little overwhelming. Interestingly, my husband smelled it and all on his own - not knowing anything about it - said that he smelled beeswax under the clove, so the problem is probably with my nose! But alas, this one doesn't work for me.
ichabod
mortal
mortal

Post by ichabod »

Well, unlike most people, I seem to be getting quite a bit of honey along with the clove, and let me tell you, it is -delicious-. I think I like this the best out of the Honey line; Fabienne's honey is divine. Oh please, can't we make this entire line part of the GC??
portalkat
mortal
mortal

Post by portalkat »

I think that this is my favorite from the honey line and it is really a surprise because it wasn't necessarily on my radar. I have a friend from India who always smokes clove cigarettes. That said, this reminds me a bit of that aroma, but I'm more reminded of a head shop from many decades ago. This smells like the incense that they used to burn, or maybe it smelled like the shop filled with the different kinds of incense and the Indian bedspreads. This is wonderful with the clove that is made deeper with the smokiness that wafts around. This is a beautiful surprise and I think that I might need a backup bottle of this one. :bigsmile:
porcelina
primordial
primordial

Post by porcelina »

at first it's all clove cigarettes, down to that tingly kind of numbness you get after smoking them. as it warms on my skin the honey comes out, a really dark, rich, sticky sweet honey. and then it all blends together into darkly sweet spicy goodness. a little woody. really, really enjoyable!
AEris
a spark
a spark

Post by AEris »

I really love the honey note in this scent. This is one of the first Possets I've tried, and I'm very impressed by the yum-factor in the honey! The clove adds an interesting swirl of complexity and naughtiness, and it does make the scent smell like clove cigarettes. I don't really like clove, so I don't see a bottle of this in my future, but the honey is so fantastic that although I hate clove, I can actually still enjoy this overall. It really just makes me want to get my greedy widdle hands on every Posset with honey in it....:devil:
Poenari

Post by Poenari »

As a lifelong nonsmoker, I don't like the smell of tobacco, so I have no idea why I would want to try a scent that reminds people of clove cigarettes. I guess it's because I love the smell of cloves so much. So a couple of years ago, I tried a clove cigarettes-inspired scent from another etailer, and it turned out to be an overpowering scent of icky stale cigarette butts which I immediately threw away.

This scent, however, is exactly right for me! The honey sweetens the clove and it all swirls into a dark spicy sweet blend. I love this!
telesilla
a spark
a spark

Post by telesilla »

Oh this one is perfectly described; it really took me back to a time when I smoked my share of cloves and went clubbing every weekend. The honey is much less apparent than it is in Girls Love Vanilla; my first impression here was clove and then the honey and a bit of smoke. The tobacco/smoke is nicely subtle and smells more like the pack before you smoke it than the ashtray after. There was very little morphing, dry after about a half hour it still smelled much like it does in the vial.
RastasGirl
primordial
primordial

Post by RastasGirl »

I really like The Girls Love to Go Clubbing, even more than I liked TGLV. It's lots of sweet, smoky cloves with a dry woods note that smells like dry hay on my skin, all wrapped up in a light gloss of warm, sweet honey. This scent actually reminds me of playing around in wooden, hay-filled barns when I was little more than it reminds me of clubbing, lol. Really nice. I think that I'll get a full bottle of this eventually.