Cadmium Orange

Ingredients can disappear and that means that the Possets which are made from those ingredients must disappear also. These are the blends to which we have to make a fond farewell.

Moderator: Maya

puck_nc
principalities
principalities

Cadmium Orange

Post by puck_nc »

An amazingly dry and grown up, wearable interpretation of orange. This is the orange on the coat of arms of William and Mary, not the orangade/sticky faced kid's juice box variety. This is the orange of a French orangerie, a Caribbean Sunset, orange shot silk or a tropical bird wing. Very beautiful.

Origin: decant from eviltemptressdq's circle

Initial Thoughts: Before I re-read the site description, I guessed this would be major citrus.

In the Bottle: Ugh. It's orange, but orange cleanser rather than the fruity smell. Something is powdery and almost acrid in there.

Wet: Okay, that's much better. On my skin I get the fruity orange note, and it's a very pleasant one.

Drydown: Wah! The fresh-fruit is fading. Now it smells more like orange candy with a heavy dose of sweet spices in the mix. It ultimately settles down to cinnamon oranges on me, and like the description says, is a very subdued interpretation of orange.

Verdict: I may have to play some more with this one, see if I reach for it often enough to get a bottle.
maribouquet
preternatural being
preternatural being

Cadmium Orange

Post by maribouquet »

Sweet orange and sandalwood. At first I was afraid this was too 'orangey' for my tastes, but the wood and spices balance this out as it dries - it's lovely!

I am going to try layering it with Halloween.
Catsmeow
preternatural being
preternatural being

Cadmium Orange

Post by Catsmeow »

This is a very musky orange. Wet in the bottle, it's a gourmet orange creamsicle, except that I smell more orange than vanilla. On the skin, a rich, shiny orange-red glaze comes to mind - a plump blood orange covered with a shot of good quality syrup, perhaps grenadine (pomegranate). Something woody and earthy anchors the blend. The sweetness wanes over time, while the muskiness moves to the foreground. Long-lasting. Very nice! :bigsmile:
sfisher323
preternatural being
preternatural being

Cadmium Orange

Post by sfisher323 »

At first, this is zingy orange creamsicle on me. Yum. More tart orange than vanilla. But then the sandalwood (or some woodsy note) comes out. It becomes sort of an orange, woodsy, musk. Very pretty, subdued, a bit perfumey without being too powdery or anything. If you're afraid of the citrus note in this, I'd still recommend trying it, as (on me at least) it's not overpowering and grounded quite nicely by the other notes.
catwrangler
primordial
primordial

Cadmium Orange

Post by catwrangler »

I get a soft, musky, and slightly spicy orange from this great scent. Not real citrus-y, not juicy...almost powdery and perfumy. Love it!
hepkitten
a spark
a spark

Cadmium Orange

Post by hepkitten »

I love the citrus note here, but something underneath is overwhelming it on me; I think it has to be the sandalwood, but it almost smells like some amber notes I know, and not in a good way. 90% of the time, Amber+me=bad.
funkmoppet
preternatural being
preternatural being

Cadmium Orange

Post by funkmoppet »

Hepkitten, I wondered about the amber too. Or a resin of some sort, as my skin+resins almost always = powder.

Cadmium Orange should be ME WITH BELLS. My favourite colour, and one of my favourite smells. And wet this is everything I expected it to be! Utterly divine, spiced orange with a sexy woodiness making it oh-so sexy.

But after a little while, there's a powdery smell, which makes me think resins. It doesn't destroy the blend, like my skin will do to SO many, it's still lovely - but not quite as lovely as it ought to be. Still - I reach for it a lot, so it's staying in my stash. : )
whiskerswhispers
principalities
principalities

Cadmium Orange

Post by whiskerswhispers »

Cadmium Orange
In vial: a creamy, slightly spicy, and delicious orange dessert.
On skin: mmm, orange, vanilla and patchouli! This is really nice! I smell a bold, tangy-sweet orange note, the bitter peel and the sweet, zingy juice. It’s sweetened further by vanilla and possibly by amber, and I smell some patchouli at the base. This is gorgeous-warm, round, vibrant, zesty. it’s almost gourmand but the patchouli stops it from smelling like vanilla and orange ice lollies. It’s the same orange as the one in Inez and Bat in your Hair, and I love it-such a strong, long lived orange. The orange tanginess does tone down and the scent gets sweeter and much more vanilla-centred. The orange also develops a lovely golden hay scent that I’ve noticed in other orange scents-it smells mellow and warm, like sun warmed dry grasses. The vanilla is gorgeous and the patchouli adds an earthy, almost autumnal depth to it, anchoring the orange note. This is the colour of sunset in a scent, one of those wonderful autumn sunsets when the colours of sky and earth seem to mirror each other. This then turns to a gorgeous vanilla-patchouli scent with a trace of orange. I love the colour scents and this is another one I will need to get a bottle of!
cinderfallen
a spark
a spark

Cadmium Orange

Post by cinderfallen »

Starts off orange creamsicle, which I adore--I wish I could find a straight up scent for it (hint, hint?), then the patchouli starts sexing things up. There's only a hint of citrus sweetness, mixing in with a smooth mellow note that's possibly vanilla, all mixed up with sticky, rich resin. It starts to remind me of BPAL's Pumpkin Queen, actually, but I like this better: it's fresher, grounded, and glowing spicy-sexy.
porcelina
primordial
primordial

Cadmium Orange

Post by porcelina »

it's creamy orange, but the orange is not all sweet and sticky- it's more like the orange rind. creamy vanilla and super tart citrus grounded by wood. i did not expect to like this at *all* but i really do!