Cadmium Orange

Ingredients can disappear and that means that the Possets which are made from those ingredients must disappear also. These are the blends to which we have to make a fond farewell.

Moderator: Maya

Ajila
preternatural being
preternatural being

Cadmium Orange

Post by Ajila »

At first this is vibrant bright oranges, with the bitter undertone of the pith. As it dries the oranges become powdery, before disappearing leaving a sweet rich dry down of ginger and cinnamon (on my skin at least)
sadtomato
a spark
a spark

Cadmium Orange

Post by sadtomato »

when i first put this on, it was a strong, fake orang scent like oragne wood polish and i thought i'd hate it. but, it quickly warmed up with spices and musk and turned into something divine! the orange faded to the background and you just get a hint of orange blended with musk, herbs, and musk. very warm and sexy.
love it!
hyacinth
archangel
archangel

Cadmium Orange

Post by hyacinth »

Oranges! I smelled oranges, one of my favorite smells. When I peel an orange, I leave the rinds around just for the scent. Oranges are one of my favorite safe-diabetic treats. And I've had an odd orange experience...there's a certain prescription sleep medication which has, rightfully it seems, a bad rep. I was taking this particular medication, which I like to call 'The Devil's Potion', and woke up on my kitchen floor surrounded by oranges peels, eating an orange. I had, in fact, eaten SIX oranges before waking up. My children told me that it was not uncommon for me to sleep walk into the kitchen and EAT. There were other, more scary occurances with this sleep med. I stopped taking it. NONE of this has anything to do with the Cadmium Orange, which was a quite pleasant and which blended prettily with Hayden and Sweet New England-Vermont.:pisces:
lost at sea
preternatural being
preternatural being

Cadmium Orange

Post by lost at sea »

LOL at hyacinth! That is quite scary but also funny. I have a friend who sometimes sleep walks to the kitchen and eats but never anything as healthy as oranges!
saosis
preternatural being
preternatural being

Cadmium Orange

Post by saosis »

This one didn't agree with my skin unfortunately, which is a pity as I was looking forward to trying it. It worked much better as a room scent, but faded fast.
allegro_barbaro
preternatural being
preternatural being

Re: Cadmium Orange

Post by allegro_barbaro »

This one was not as zesty as expected. It is warm and creamy and I think even citrus haters would enjoy this. I think it would be suitable for people working with children and the elderly because it is comforting and familiar. If you like it, better get it soon because it is on the Endangered list.
"Look like the innocent flower, but be th' serpent under't"