Titanium White

Ingredients can disappear and that means that the Possets which are made from those ingredients must disappear also. These are the blends to which we have to make a fond farewell.

Moderator: Maya

funkmoppet
preternatural being
preternatural being

Titanium White

Post by funkmoppet »

"The perfect color to welcome in winter and the snowy season. Titanium White is white tropical flowers on a white sheet with white sunlight streaming into the interior. Titanium white is the sort of thing Matisse painted with when he wanted to counterpoint and boost the light of the Mediterranian landscape. White snow playing outside your windowpane as you sit on a white silk tufted pillow drinking fragrant Chinese white tea out of tissue-thin white porcelin cups. The many facets of white. Ultra cool and oozing hot, both captured and admired in Titanium White."

I wouldn't be able to name those white tropical flowers, but that is definitely what Titanium White is all about when wet. These are the kind of florals that would ordinarily have me screaming and making a crazed dash to the bathroom to scrub it off - however, Fabienne manages to make them intriguing. There's a champagne fruitiness here that almost tips it over for me but, like the flowers, it stops before becoming cloying.

As it dries there's a slight touch of what may be tea, and I'm also getting a hint of linen here. This stage is really lovely, and like I find with a lot of Possets blends, they take turns coming to the front without ever vanishing or dominating. This is a bright, sweet and lively blend. The breezy linen dry down is wonderful.

It's a blend I shouldn't like, but do!
Christine Daae
mortal
mortal

Titanium White

Post by Christine Daae »

Now, keep in mind that I absolutely adore white florals and "white" scents in general. So I'm already biased! ;)

In the bottle, this is a fruity, clean floral. I don't know where I'm getting fruit, or what fruit it is that this smells like to me.

It smells like melon, kind of. I think. God, I'm so bad at picking out notes. This is very clean and fruity, with hardly any florals as it's wet on my skin.

Okay, as it dries, I get wafts of the white florals tinged with vanilla. The throw is a lot sweeter than it is up close, sweeter in a vanilla floral way. I get a chilly, fruity scent up close and a warm, sweet scent in the throw. It definitely smells tropical, though I can't pick out any notes (I'll have to leave that up to someone with a better nose than myself). A lot of the very heady white flowers have a fruity edge to me (tuberose, gardenia), so that may be where I'm getting 'fruit.'

I do smell a bit of the white tea (yum!) and the linens that funkmoppet mentions, too, especially up close on the drydown. The throw is still a lot sweeter, almost with an edge of vanilla flavoured cotton candy to it.

This is really pretty. It's sophisticated and pure, a perfect scent depiction of a blinding white.
puck_nc
principalities
principalities

Titanium White

Post by puck_nc »

Origin: Decant from eviltemptressdq's circle

Initial Thoughts: I've been trying all the Color Palette just because.

In the Bottle: Yeah, I can see that scent as "white". There's a definite fruit element in it, adding a strong tangy feel to the florals. My mental image is of lemon slices and hibiscus, for some reason.

Wet: I get a blast of grapefruit for a moment, and then that tropical blend of florals comes out, along with a hint of the trademark Possets creaminess. Now I'm getting the urge to try this side-by-side with Christmas in New Orleans...they have a similar feel, though this is definitely more citrus-fruity.

Drydown: I can't place it, but something smells just a little off in the drydown. There's a bit of sweetness now, but it's not complementing the other notes. That's annoying.

Verdict: I think I'll try the decant again in a week or two. At least I don't have to worry about the LE status since it's presumably going to be part of the color collection.
Gemma
archangel
archangel

Titanium White

Post by Gemma »

I can't pin this one down, at all, I'm afraid!

To me, it is just bright eye-popping citrus. Sparkling, crystalline whiteness.
whiskerswhispers
principalities
principalities

Titanium White

Post by whiskerswhispers »

Titanium White
In vial: a bit like Western Hills, but more ozone-y and linen-like. Very clean.
On skin: now I smell citrus! I think there’s grapefruit-probably white grapefruit-in here, it’s a very fresh and tangy citrus note. I also smell a light white floral, a clean linen note, something ozone-like. It does smell a little soapy and laundry like, but in a good way. This is very clean, pure, fresh and bright. It makes me think of whiter than white linen sheets. There’s also a bright, translucent skin musk to this which may be Egyptian musk? It reminds me of the sweet ozone and fruit scent of Western Hills, but whilst WH had a slight hint of sugar and a sweeter fruitiness, this is not as sweet and has more citrus to it, and more of a crisp linen scent. The scent becomes more of a slightly sweet lightly musky white linen scent. it reminds me of the crisp ozone of Aiden, but not as faint and without the salty scent. this is a very pretty scent, perfect for warm weather, and one of the nicer ‘clean linen’ scents with a soapy smell which is more pleasant than most. It’s not my favourite of the colours, but I do like it.
cuervosueno
preternatural being
preternatural being

Titanium White

Post by cuervosueno »

White florals are the only florals I pretty much reliably like, so when I got this as a sample, I was pleased to try it, though since I'm not a big floral fan, I wasn't thrilled or anything.

But on, it is really intoxicating and lovely. I completely understand the lemon slices and hibiscus thing....it is citrusy, though sweet. Like a sweet floral tea with lemon, perhaps (not like High Tea, which I adore, but is a much truer tea note). And yes, I get the linen note too.

This is really pretty, and I'll especially like it in summer I think, though it is pretty good now. And even though I'm trying to convince myself that I love Silver Carnations more (because I got this possette when I bought SC), I have to admit that between SC and Haute Love and Midnight Mass at Saint Mary's, this is the one I keep huffing. It is really intriguing and pretty.

yeah, clean linen and floral tea. That's what I'm smelling!

eta: This may be the surprise hit of my order--I really really like it. It does smell like clean laundry which is nice, and um...it might be good for traveling--you know, when you and your clothes might not be as fresh as you like? Certainly it has an appealing cleanliness to it.
saosis
preternatural being
preternatural being

Titanium White

Post by saosis »

I loved this and will definitely get a bottle. The initial grapefruit faded into the florals (which I can't name, but seemed very familiar) and just worked beautifully on my skin all day.

I want to try this on a hot summer day, I think it would be quite refreshing.
mansku11
preternatural being
preternatural being

Titanium White

Post by mansku11 »

I got a possette of this in my last order, and let me say that I think Fabienne truly can read minds, in that she seems to send me possettes I end up liking even more than the bottles in my order! I loved the way this smelled in the vial, but I was pretty sure that I wouldn't be able to wear it around my hypersensitive-nosed boyfriend because of the linen and floral notes. Lo and behold, I wear it and he asks me what oil I'm wearing, which he usually never does; he usually just rolls down the windows in the car and looks peeved (and I swear, I do not slather!). Apparently, he loves Titanium White. He says it smells like candy, and he complimented me on it all day.

Yay! Ordering a bottle!
whiskerwing
archangel
archangel

Titanium White

Post by whiskerwing »

Warning : Amateur nose coming through.

I -loved- this scent. Immediately. It is, as everyone says, very clean. The "soul of clean", as Fabienne says. =]

But it's not soapy or starchy or anything like that. The florals are not the cloying type, and the citrus not so overpowering that it can truly be described as "fruity" or "foody".

It doesn't smell like melon, or detergent, or flowers, or lemons or any of those things, though it has elements that can be likened back to each.

It smells like...itself. And a glorious thing it is, too. Uplifting and refreshing, with enough warmth behind it to keep it full-bodied and intriguing.
suzie
preternatural being
preternatural being

Titanium White

Post by suzie »

I'm terrible at picking out notes...so, here are my impressions instead. This is late spring to me. Laundry on the line, flowers blooming, gentle breezes, and sunshine. I definitely am getting the tea here, too. In all a very lovely, clean scent, and so beautiful! I can see a bottle or two in my future :heartbounce: