Titanium White

Ingredients can disappear and that means that the Possets which are made from those ingredients must disappear also. These are the blends to which we have to make a fond farewell.

Moderator: Maya

morningglory
principalities
principalities

Titanium White

Post by morningglory »

Wet: a light citrus, very pleasant.
Dry: I definitely get the impression of white sheets in sunshine hear. There is a scent of fresh air and clean linen that is pretty amazing. It also has that same white flower note (lily? cucumber?) that my skin amps to high heaven and I don't like. It was at it's mildest and most polite in this blend, as opposed to how its been in Cambienne: Blizzard or Final Thaw. Whatever white note Fabienne uses, my skin tends to amp to the exclusion of anything else in a blend. While it played relatively nicely in this scent, it still wasn't a "me" scent the way numerous other Possets are. If you are looking a light, floral citrus, try Titanium White.
missviolet
a spark
a spark

Titanium White

Post by missviolet »

Okay, confession time:

I got this as a sample with my most recent order. (Which came this morning. While I was on my way to the Next Millenium in Omaha. TO GET MORE POSSETS. I kid you not. *sigh* <--- addict.)

And normally? I would never have ordered this. Like, million zillion years ordered it. Because I haaaaate florals. Florals do this weird thing on my skin, amping up to headache-producing levels in no time, and lasting all. day. long. Even if the other notes have vanished like wild turkeys on thanksgiving day. Citrus may last, but jasmine? THAT'S FOREVER.

So I was dubious, to say the least. Tried it first, just in case I needed to wash it off before the other stuff was tested.

Opened the bottle and the smell that hit me wasn't flowers. It was...something *else*. Something really *familiar*, but I couldn't put my finger on it. Citrusy, yes. Clean, yes. But something sweet-ish, too. And it dawned on me that the familiar part was from a different scent. (And I hope this is even cool to say around here...) I totally got bpal's Baobhan Sith from it. Ran to get that imp. Compared them side by side. They're different, for sure, but there's something the same. And since I *love* Baobhan Sith to a degree that's probably unhealthy, but find it to be a little weird later in the wear (thus, the slathering begins), I am THRILLED to have made the acquaintence of this Posset. It's in my cart right now, awaiting a moment when I haven't just bought sixteen zillion of them *today*. But it is SO MINE wth my next order.

If you're a fan of the clean, well-blended, lightly sweet scents, this is the one. This is the one that turned me from addict to junkie, I'm sure.

Anybody need an extra kidney? Will trade for bottles....
Gale
preternatural being
preternatural being

Titanium White

Post by Gale »

Titanium White was quite citrusy and very fresh smelling in the bottle and on wet, but after a couple minutes, WHAM--the most gorgeous floral ever! It's bright, creamy, sweet, sunny and heady. This is stupendous. After that initial morph, which was like a curtain being pulled back to let the sun coming streaming in, it stayed the same and stayed that way for hours. My only regret is waiting so long to order.
merveilleuse
preternatural being
preternatural being

Titanium White

Post by merveilleuse »

On first try, too sweet! I can't really pick out any notes ... kind of fruity? Really not sure, but right now it's not for me. Will try later!
dezzy
primordial
primordial

Titanium White

Post by dezzy »

Just got a possette of this in my order, and it's very citrucy and fresh and I really love this scent in the bottle... and it doesn't seem to morph that much on my skin... the only problem is that at one point I had a citrus and flowers toilet freshener that smelled very similar to this... so I think of a clean toilet every time I sniff Titanium White :shocked: gotta love those scent associations, huh?
DeliberateAngel
a spark
a spark

Titanium White

Post by DeliberateAngel »

When opened the sample I could smell different scents mingling around. Light florals, a soap like smell, kidn of sweet, kind of creamy. On my skin I get nothing but laundry detergent. And it just gets stronger and stronger. I had a similar experience with BPAL Pele. The pretty tropical notes turned soapy but disappeared.
I ended up scrubbing it off in the kitchen sink with Pamolive and the scrubby, green side of the sponge.
I wish I could have gotten the lovely smell others got with this. But my body chemistry has warped yet another scent.
fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Titanium White

Post by fabienne »

Arggh...don't use the abrasive scrubby to get things off your skin! Gahhhh! Try baking soda and water, make a paste and gently scrub. That should take off anything you don't like without taking off your skin, too. :bigsmile:
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!
RastasGirl
primordial
primordial

Titanium White

Post by RastasGirl »

Titanium White starts off reminding me of some sort of fizzy, lemon-lime soda. It's lovely and refreshing at first, but then it starts to smell soapy on me, like lemon-lime soda with a squirt of dish soap in it. It's a very fizzy, bright, clean scent on me, but I don't love the soapiness...
Casey

Titanium White

Post by Casey »

Titanium White was my very first Possets bottle purchase, and I have recently scored the fabulous whipped and smooch from Villainess. Since I’m currently covered in three layers of Titanium White goodness, it’s time for a review!

Yes, this one is white to the extreme! In the bottle and on my skin, this scent evokes a vivid image of waking up in a sunlit room at a swanky tropical resort. The bed is dressed in white sheets and there is a soft breeze ruffling white gossamer curtains. The table on the balcony is set with a crisp, white linen cloth and a mimosa in a crystal champagne glass. Beyond the balcony are white tropical flowers and whitecaps breaking against the white sand beach.

It makes me want to run away to an island… :surfing:

This blend is very light and airy. Linen, white tea, and grapefruit are the predominate notes on my skin, with some subtle white florals in the background. The citrus lightens on the drydown, and the linen and tea intensify a bit. It doesn’t morph much on me, and I don’t get any soapiness. This is a great scent to wear for work, as it lasts a long time and isn’t overly in-your-face. I also highly recommend Titanium White for anyone who (like me) isn’t a huge fan of sweet, foody scents. Perfect for summer!
coconutcream
preternatural being
preternatural being

Titanium White

Post by coconutcream »

i tried this one today, smells very orangey on my skin.