Perpetual Motion (Valentines 2008)

Ingredients can disappear and that means that the Possets which are made from those ingredients must disappear also. These are the blends to which we have to make a fond farewell.

Moderator: Maya

samcalam
principalities
principalities

Post by samcalam »

This is one of my absolute favourites-it is like Madam X's sexy husband!! I think the wood makes it smell on the masculine side but the vanilla keeps it girly enough for me thank you and it LASTS!!:Smitten_emoticon:
lulu
archangel
archangel

Post by lulu »

I got this as a frosset with my recent order and ooooh.....:Smitten_emoticon: I would never have ordered this as I have found vanilla to be iffy on me but this is so wonderful! I kind of get bits of what everyone else has said- initially foody vanilla, then a slightly spicy amber woody smell (but not smoky on me). Rich and sensual, yes there is some vague furniture polish association too, but don't be put off by this! Wonderful balance of components......mmmm!
orata
mortal
mortal

Post by orata »

Oh wow, this is awesome. Sexy and gorgeous. I got it as a freebie in my last order and I couldn't be happier with it! It's a sweet buttercream vanilla when wet, but the vanilla starts to die back a bit and a masculine cedarwood type of smell starts coming out. Rich and warm, slightly smoky, very wearable by either a man or a woman (maybe too sweet for most guys when it's wet, but it's very well balanced once it dries down.)
I'd had my eye on BPAL's Antikythera Mechanism (very similar theme!) and Tombstone for a scent of this type, but I probably won't bother trying to track those down now. This is just what I was looking for.
willworkforvanilla
preternatural being
preternatural being

Re: Perpetual Motion (Valentines 2008)

Post by willworkforvanilla »

I snagged a bottle on another sale forum.

This is so nice! It reminds me a bit of BPAL Antikythera Mechanism or Golden Priapus ( a bit mind you, PM is still it's own)

This is a non foodie vanilla. Some of Possets vanillas start with a butter type of note but not this one. It's a pretty heavy vanilla but not foodie in the least. The vanilla is followed by a wonderful masculine amber-ish cedar wood smell. There is a type of metallic tang note at the very top of this that comes and goes.

It may be too masculine for me. However it will smell like vanilla man sexiness on the Mr. So we are keeping this bottle. OHHHHH yes we are keeping it and I am slathering him in it on date night.

Too bad it's never coming back *tear*, this is just really very well blended and a sheer joy to smell. :hrt::
funkmoppet2
archangel
archangel

Post by funkmoppet2 »

Something in Perpetual Motion goes plastic/playdoh on me. Skin musk? Or perhaps there's a particular type of vanilla that misbehaves on me. The plastic element emerges as the cedar emerges, so it kind of ruins what would be my favourite part of this blend. The plastic does eventually subside, but what's left isn't terribly remarkable on me. I was wondering why this blend wasn't reviewed by me when I got it, and now I remember that, out of the steampunk/clockwork Valentines I bought, this one was my least fave thanks to skin chemistry issues. I vastly prefer Simulated Cupid for my vanilla woods hit, and for the brass note, I have my beloved Brass Heart.
sakecat22
mortal
mortal

Post by sakecat22 »

An archived review from my 2008 - 2009 notes for the dearly departed Perpetual Motion Machine.

On my skin - Yeasty spice roll. Not sweet. Worn a few times and still got yeasty spice roll. Maybe the woods and vanilla combined on my skin to = yeasty spice roll to my nose? My skin chemistry decided that it wanted to BE a yeasty spice roll when it encounters the Perpetual Motion Machine? Maybe this fragrance found the core of my being? I will never know the answer.
fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne »

The fragrance did indeed find the "core of your being" IF....you are a yeasty spice roll. :rofl:
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!