Fireflies

Ingredients can disappear and that means that the Possets which are made from those ingredients must disappear also. These are the blends to which we have to make a fond farewell.

Moderator: Maya

forspecial
archangel
archangel

Fireflies

Post by forspecial »

This is a soft and sweet scent. It has a faint citrus feel, but I honestly can't tell what I'm smelling. Candy orange? Cotton candy? Soft little flowers? Summer lawns at dusk? It has hints of all these to my nose.....but it disappears really quickly on my skin. To be fair I had really dry skin when I put it on, and it just got sucked right up. In some ways, Fireflies is like the younger, sweeter sister of BPAL's Midnight on the Midway (which is a compliment!). I'm not sure I could get away with wearing this out and about, but I'll keep it around because I do like it a lot.

I think it would be great if this came back in the spring...didn't Fabienne mention that possibility somewhere or am I a doofus?

(Possets' Fireflies image added 6/10/07 for effect)
fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fireflies

Post by fabienne »

I am planning to bring back Fireflies when the first fireflies appear in Cincinnati. That is usually when the weather turns hot and sticky in late June. I wanted to offer it from June until the fireflies disappear in late August when the crickets start chirping. A bit of poetry in the perfume.
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!
puck_nc
principalities
principalities

Fireflies

Post by puck_nc »

Origin: Possette swapped for on LJ

Initial Thoughts: One of my favorite things about June when I was growing up was chasing fireflies during long slow-to-dusk evenings. I hope to be able to share similar joys with my child. I am hoping for honeysuckle-drenched evening air.

In the Bottle: Buttercream?!? How strange! But yes, it's tangy, citrus-tinged buttercream frosting.

Wet: A wave of orange and lemon washes in my nose, pinned by that sweet note. Now it's more like orange cake than frosting.

Drydown: Like forspecial, this disappears fast on me. Within minutes I can barely tell it's there. What I do smell is the faint sweetness with the slightest hint of musk. It's just beginning to morph into something like I was hoping for even as it fades away.

Verdict: I'm very glad I got to try it now. And I have plenty of time to decide whether to get a bottle next summer or not!
Ah Xia
primordial
primordial

Fireflies

Post by Ah Xia »

Time to review my little imp in time for the new offering!

Fireflies is sugary frosting with a teeny citrus kick like grating flecks of orange zest into a bowl of fluffy whiteness with a delicate pretty floral undertone. It reminds me a bit of Luminaria but glows softly orange instead of Luminaria's green.

It makes me feel really contented. I need to get a big bottle...it would be nice to wear on sticky summer nights.
puck_nc
principalities
principalities

Fireflies

Post by puck_nc »

Origin: Straight from Possets

Initial Thoughts: The 2006 version was interesting, but faded rapidly just as it was getting nice and mellow-y musk.

In the Bottle: Citrus & buttercream. My impression is that it's stronger in the bottle than last year.

Wet: Again, that wave of orange & lemon before the buttercream settles in.

Drydown: Interesting! A floral-musky quality develops...it may be my wishful thinking, but I think there's some honeysuckle in there. The citrus hovers quietly in the background, but the buttercream has all but disappeared, leaving a lovely sweetness in its wake.

Verdict: By george, I think she's got it! This Fireflies definitely has more throw and duration than before, and the morph is gorgeous. I love it!:cheer:
alliekat13
primordial
primordial

Fireflies

Post by alliekat13 »

In the bottle: juicy juicy oranges with a twist of vanilla. On my skin: orange zest at first. Then after a while it calms down and the vanilla emerges, and it smells like an orange creamsicle. A bit of a floral emerges later on, but it's very light. There is also a bit of muskiness underneath it all grounding it, keeping it from getting too sweet. This is nice, perfect for a lazy summer evening sitting outside eating ice cream. I like this. A lot.
Gale
preternatural being
preternatural being

Fireflies

Post by Gale »

This is for the new version.
Wet: Yes, orange cupcakes with buttercream frosting! Yum! This is delicious.
Dry and onward: This settles down to a nice, sweet (but not foody) creamy musk.

It doesn't last super long (2 hours), but I just decanted some to carry with me in my bag. It's so incredibly pleasant that I can easily reapply without bothering any sensitive individuals. (Ok, that's not really something I worry about...)

Another delightful Posset!
jessiesquash
primordial
primordial

Fireflies

Post by jessiesquash »

OMG YES!!!!!! This smells so good! I need like 5 bottles STAT because I'm going to bathe in it! The citrus and the yummy buttery vanilla just melt together into that lovely orange creamsicle scent that everyone is talking about. But it has something soft and clean behind it to keep it from being too foody. It fades fairly quickly but I think mixing it with my body lotion will cure that and barring that, into the locket it goes!
LittleGreyKitten
a spark
a spark

Fireflies

Post by LittleGreyKitten »

I got my very first order just yesterday, and while I really loved a huge proportion of Possets, this was my favorite by a smidge. Amazing scent. I really can't tell what on earth it is that I am smelling, and I felt like I was getting (finally) a bit better at figuring out notes. But this? Vanilla, yes- one of the yummiest ever. I'm thinking that there is indeed something lightly, gently citrus. There is some intriguing floral thing going on too, I think; the creaminess is making it work so well though. I've gotten like five compliments on this scent. I would bathe in it if I could. It doesn't last that long, but I don't mind reapplying for something this wonderful. Really, this is a wonderful scent.

Edited to add: I'm still infatuated with this one. Fireflies is definitely one of my ultra-favorites. And yay, I tried it in my new scent locket, and it lasts so well! I wish I had scent-locketed long before now, as it definitely extends the life of fragrances enormously. Fireflies lasts about 30 minutes to an hour on my skin, and in a locket, it's going on 4 hours and I still smell it quite strongly. I'm guessing it will stay fairly strong in there all day.
ichabod
mortal
mortal

Fireflies

Post by ichabod »

THIS! Yes, THIS deserves the hype! It's so good it makes me want to cry, and I need to stock up before it disappears and I have to endure a long, cold winter without my beloved Fireflies. It's definitely a foodie scent. The hints of all the lemon (buttercream, but still) scared me at first, because lemon and I are mortal enemies (Pledge). Well, I needn't have worried :wink:

puck_nc, sorry for ganking your review format! It's just...so useful. And besides, plagarism is the sincerest form of flattery, innit? (got that all wrong, didn't I?)

In the vial: butter and lemon sugar cookies. Hoo boy, is this buttery.

Wet: The strong butter note fades immediately, leaving the most delicious smell I have ever smelled in my life. It's like...the lemon chiffron cake of angels. Or lemon drop cookies with thick vanilla buttercream frosting. Here those gnawing sounds? Yeah, ya hear them?...

Drydown: oh poo, the lemon comes out more. Can't complain, though, it's still basically the same as it was wet.

Verdict: Going into my Top 5 Possets, maybe Top 3.