Fireflies

Ingredients can disappear and that means that the Possets which are made from those ingredients must disappear also. These are the blends to which we have to make a fond farewell.

Moderator: Maya

rhubarbbear
preternatural being
preternatural being

Fireflies

Post by rhubarbbear »

i like fireflies :) i don't think i'm a fireflies fangirl, but i do like it! it's citrusy cakey frostingy, as advertised and when i'm in the right mood it's lovely. one downside: just typing it out makes me want to eat the cake that fireflies smells like!
whiskerswhispers
principalities
principalities

Fireflies

Post by whiskerswhispers »

Fireflies
In vial: buttery citrus cream! Like lemon curd, or lemon tart!
On skin: a soft buttermint scent surfaces on the skin and the scent begins to soften and become very fresh, but still creamy and sweet. This is the summertime version of Luminaria! It has a similar buttermint and vanilla scent to it, but doesn't have the marshmallow/pumpkin/cocoa, this one is lighter and has a citrus aspect to it that reminds me of lemon curd. The mint is cool and airy, the vanilla is warm and almost baked, I get an impression of lemon drizzle cake covered with buttercream served with crème de menthe on a summer's evening. The scent is light and luminous, sparkling and fun, foody but not cloying. The scent gets warmer and smells like lemon biscuits, like those little shortbreads, or like lemon sponge cake. Delicious! This is love, a new favourite, I'm glad I have a bottle ordered!
Baitu
primordial
primordial

Fireflies

Post by Baitu »

In bottle: hmmm, reminds me a bit of Flossing in its sweetness, but Flossing had a bit more spice!
On skin: This opens with a burst of sweet, soft lemon, which fades pretty quickly. It becomes less and less like Flossing and at this stage reminds me very much of BPAL's Gennivre (from Carnaval Diabolique) without the tea: it's sweet and a bit sugary with a touch of lemon and, I swear, a bit of soft mint. It's crystalline.

After a couple of hours, it softens to that nice buttercream fragrance everyone's been talking about. On the whole I think I like Flossing a bit better, but this is also very pretty and I'll be keeping my bottle.
neuilly
mortal
mortal

Fireflies

Post by neuilly »

It started off like lemon meringue but then morphed into something more creamy, and with a bit of tang (no, not the drink)! It's sweet but not overly so (perhaps a dash of the "silver" that's in the Silver Roses and Silver Violets scents?). It's really a dreamy yet refreshing perfect for summer sent. So happy about this impulse buy!!
citharadraconis
mortal
mortal

Fireflies

Post by citharadraconis »

This scent is an incredible morpher on me. In the vial, it's lemon buttercream frosting--but not cloyingly creamy like BPAL's cream and butter notes often are to my nose. Just sweet and delicious and infinitely edible. On my skin it's a whole 'nother thing: gossamer, glimmering, ephemeral, with hints of mint, citrus and the palest of musks. I love both scents, and I may well try it in a scent locket for the lemon buttercreaminess.
harmonyfb
primordial
primordial

Fireflies

Post by harmonyfb »

Sadly, on my skin this was a little sour, and not at all appealing. My horrible skin chemistry strikes again.:cry:
emmacrew

Fireflies

Post by emmacrew »

I get a very light lemon buttercream. It's quite pretty, but sadly not me.
rachel2205
preternatural being
preternatural being

Fireflies

Post by rachel2205 »

In the bottle: it's a delicious orange buttercream. Nom!

On my skin, wet: there's a hint of something green in here, and there's a softer muskiness - it reminds me somehow of Flossing and Scent of Angels - there's the underlying cleanness that those have, a bit like clean powdered skin. But where has the citrus gone??

Dry: there's maybe the barest trace of lemon in this slightly vanilla musky scent. Clean and sweet, though I really wish I had the delicious citrus note from the bottle! Perhaps putting it in a scent locket would work. I really should get one at some point...
merveilleuse
preternatural being
preternatural being

Fireflies

Post by merveilleuse »

oooooh. yes. this smells very very similar to ava luxe's "citrine" scent. though this is better, bien sur. :love: it's sweet, warm vanilla with some citrus (but not sharp citrus). it lasts a long time. I think I will wear it tomorrow and see where it goes ....

very wearable, bright, happy, clean, warm ... perhaps an everyday scent, for when I'm feeling pleased with life, or maybe it will cheer me when I'm not.

:heartbounce:
mansku11
preternatural being
preternatural being

Fireflies

Post by mansku11 »

I find myself comparing Fireflies with Naples Yellow. While I like them both, I am shying away from heavy citrus, and Naples Yellow became just that for me...Too heavy. An incredibly dense lemon cake soaked in glaze, which is yum for eating but doesn't do so well on my skin. Fireflies is like a delicate white cake, even angelfood, with lemon-scented buttercream frosting, and it behaves quite well for me. I love how Fireflies is golden and yet airy, much like the critters who inspired it. I am really drawn to this scent right now, since the desolate summers in my current location make me long for the delicately waning summers in Alabama, full of fireflies.

By the way, can we have Alabama soon? I will buy ten bottles, unsniffed. Well, maybe not, but I will buy at least one, more if I fall truly in love with it! :Flowerssniffer: