Oregon-The Clockwork Kumquat (USA collection)

Ingredients can disappear and that means that the Possets which are made from those ingredients must disappear also. These are the blends to which we have to make a fond farewell.

Moderator: Maya

phoenixtx
a spark
a spark

Oregon-The Clockwork Kumquat (USA collection)

Post by phoenixtx »

To me Oregon has always been like the Uranus of American states, eccentric but with gravitas. One of a kind. Bracing but weirdly enchanting. They say "go away" but I think they mean stick around. Kumquat, something very smooth and foody, very old and very good patchouli (but just a drop) and a super secret ingredient which would have you shaking your head and saying "hunh?" so I won't tell you what it is. But honestly, this is the most curious and compelling combination since Lucy and Desi. Strangely sexy as well, so if you like to be thought of as being strangely sexy, this is the blend for you.

I ordered this as soon as it was on the site. :D I'm a Portlander, I had to. ;)

The first thing I thought of when I smelled this was "sexy". I can't quite place the scent... fruity, with spicy vanilla? It's so delicious and sexy, and I think I've found my new scent.
Fabienne, are these going to be permanent? If not, I think I'm going to need to buy at least 10 bottles!
fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Oregon

Post by fabienne »

Permanent? Well, they will be up for at least a year. Goodness, I am making 50 of them! Phew! *splat*:thumbup:
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!
ivy_fiddlefox
archangel
archangel

Oregon

Post by ivy_fiddlefox »

thank goodness! must try this one:shimmykitty:
sfsassy
preternatural being
preternatural being

Oregon

Post by sfsassy »

This one is really fun. I don't get any patchouli at all (if you are worried about that note) I am a real fan of anything patchouli. (I am a hippy deep down born in the wrong era)
I would call this one Fun and unexpected. I am not the best with notes, but I think I smell chocolate or white chocolate? Who knows. It's all good!
Gemma
archangel
archangel

Oregon

Post by Gemma »

This is sweet and gently fruity with a candy-like base scent. There's something almost chocolate-y in here, too, which reminds me distinctly of one of the older versions of BPAL's 13. It gets fruitier and sweeter on the dry down, and finally settles into a refreshing citrus-candy blend.
maribouquet
preternatural being
preternatural being

Oregon

Post by maribouquet »

Huh, I don't smell the kumquat or patchouli at all - at least not that I can tell. *kicks nose* This dries down almost like cocoa...smooth and nearly foodie.

Really wondering what the secret ingredient is! Vitameatavegamin, perhaps? :D
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Oregon

Post by Atropos »

Vitameatavegamin, sold! ROFL!!! :bigsmile:
fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Oregon

Post by fabienne »

Well, it's a secret. If I told you ...you know what I would have to do. Then...that would take so much time that I JUST DON'T HAVE THE TIME! Eeeeek!:pirateparty::pirate1:<---I love this grouping.

:alien006::tinfoilbeanie:<---I like this one, too.

I need me some flying saucers.
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Oregon

Post by Atropos »

OH NOES! Not the pirates! Oh wait, as that kid's song says, "It's fun to be a pirate!" I needs my buckles swashed!

:pirateparty::pirate1:

I love the little alien abduction grouping. Is that one wearing a tinfoil hat?
fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Oregon

Post by fabienne »

Yes, it's the tin foil beanie guy! Oooooo.