Oregon-The Clockwork Kumquat (USA collection)

Ingredients can disappear and that means that the Possets which are made from those ingredients must disappear also. These are the blends to which we have to make a fond farewell.

Moderator: Maya

nissie
preternatural being
preternatural being

Oregon

Post by nissie »

The kumquat smells very sweet and orange, more like a candy version of kumquat than a fresh one. On my skin, I could swear this smells like what a bowl full of kumquat winegums would smell like, sitting on an antique wooden table, with just a few pieces of black licorice thrown into the bowl. Is nobody else getting the licorice note?
Tanjiro
a spark
a spark

Oregon

Post by Tanjiro »

Living in Oregon, I was eager to try this scent. And to me this perfectly captures the scent of the candy section in an old general store located at the foothills of the Cascade mountains. There is delicious rich fruity candy with nut fillings, and hints of so much more. Something in here is so familiar, its on the tip of my memory like an old friend (may be the kumquat :). This is eclectic, but has richness too - just like Oregon!
orata
mortal
mortal

Oregon

Post by orata »

Candied kumquat, very much like Froot Loops--sweet, bright, orangey, somewhat synthetic smelling. Dries down into a pleasant, slightly creamy citrus and smoky vanilla combo. I don't smell patchouli unless it's what's lending the smokiness to the drydown. It reminded me a lot of BPAL's Tweedledee (but less artificial/air freshener) or Tweedledum (similar bright fruity sparkle, but without the dirty patchouli note).
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Oregon

Post by Maya »

I'm trying this as a sample today (I've been wanting to try it, but kept forgetting to order it, and Fabienne did one of her "read my mind" things so I got it as a frosset--woooooo). Immediately, I got a chocolatey orange mix, but a nice smooth orange (not harsh or biting in any way) mixed in with something that has a creamy but flowery vibe. The longer it's on my skin, the more it's mellowing out and rounding down some, but it's still retaining that fresh citrus, too. This one is fun and a happy scent. I'm glad I finally got to try it. I put my sample in my "reach for" pile, to see if this one may actually have to come home in a bigger bottle. ;)
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
Suzette
mortal
mortal

The Clockwork Kumkwat - Oregon

Post by Suzette »

Fabienne's scent description:

To me Oregon has always been like the Uranus of American states, eccentric but with gravitas. One of a kind. Bracing but weirdly enchanting. They say "go away" but I think they mean stick around. Kumquat, something very smooth and foody, very old and very good patchouli (but just a drop) and a super secret ingredient which would have you shaking your head and saying "hunh?" so I won't tell you what it is. But honestly, this is the most curious and compelling combination since Lucy and Desi. Strangely sexy as well, so if you like to be thought of as being strangely sexy, this is the blend for you.

I attempted to find a review for this perfume and didn't find one...this surprises me because it's gorgeous. This one started out very sweet with the kumquat and what seemed like aged vanilla. I didn't pick up on the patchouli but during the dry down this seemed to be what carried the fruity smell. It turned into an almost rum soaked smokey apricot smell on my skin. There's something else there which i can't put my finger on it. Fabiennne made a point to say there is a secret ingredient in this. I'm going to throw my hands in the air and just let it be. Regardless, this is fabulous.
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Oregon-The Clockwork Kumquat (USA collection)

Post by Maya »

Oregon--one of my loves--has now officially been moved to the Discontinued Possets aisle.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!