Oregon-The Clockwork Kumquat (USA collection)

Ingredients can disappear and that means that the Possets which are made from those ingredients must disappear also. These are the blends to which we have to make a fond farewell.

Moderator: Maya

Atropos
virtues
virtues

Oregon

Post by Atropos »

ROFL, I guess I could have just scrolled my clicker over it. I love that little guy! :tinfoilbeanie:
fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Oregon

Post by fabienne »

It's my gift to all you paranoids out there! :fsaucer:
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Oregon

Post by Atropos »

WOOT! Ok so here is the story: :tinfoilbeanie: :alien006: see Fabienne's little UFO.
fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Oregon

Post by fabienne »

Step 2: Get scared. :tinfoilbeanie:
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!
merveilleuse
preternatural being
preternatural being

Oregon

Post by merveilleuse »

at first sniff: vanilla wafers! yum.

then it turns into a spicy vanilla-y deep dark yum. :bigsmile:
whiskerswhispers
principalities
principalities

Oregon

Post by whiskerswhispers »

Oregon
In vial: chocolate orange buttercream! Yup, there’s a really foody creamy scent to this zingy citrus.
On skin: oh yes, that’s kumquat alright. Like neon coloured atomic orange juice, fizzy to the max and almost glowing and sparkling like fireworks. This smells bright, tart and incredibly zingy, and a little bit hyperactive. I can’t help but smile when I smell it. enhancing the fun vibe the scent has is an undertone of chocolate and buttercream, in fact it smells a bit like the chocolate note in Id, but creamier and with that kick-ass kumquat note. The citrus does tone down a lot, and when it retreats, I smell a wonderful base of sweet vanilla, warm sandalwood, a touch of chocolate and a lot of clean, gorgeous white musk. This now smells like white musk and orange buttercream and a bit of chocolate, actually, and I love it. it reminds me a bit of Id, but not as richly sweet, this is fresher and more ‘skin-scented’. Then the vanilla note comes out a bit more, mixed with musk and cocoa-dusted sandalwood and a hint of orange, this is really gorgeous. It smells like Id with a hint of Epinoia now, with a touch of fresh white musk. Really gorgeous and unique scent. I love that mix of soft clean white musk with the foody notes and the zingy citrus. Must get a bottle of this!
SariBeth
preternatural being
preternatural being

Oregon

Post by SariBeth »

Oregon reminds me of a fruity breakfast cereal. I'm sure there are all sorts of fun notes in this one that I just can't seem to pick out because I CANNOT get past the visual of a bowl of pre-sweetened, milk covered, yummy, fruity cereal! Not at ALL what I was imagining it would smell like.
whiskerwing
archangel
archangel

Oregon

Post by whiskerwing »

Oh wow! The orange smell (or kumquat, what have you) borders on a sugary candy, but retains a vivid wetness that no candy ever had. I'm usually very leery of "candy" scents, but this one stays juuuust far enough in the border to work for me. There's a lovely, dark, calming base on this (almost certainly the chocolate buttercream people were mentioning) and I find myself smiling when I put it on.

I'll see how often I reach for it, but this is kinda what I was hoping California's orange would smell like. By far my favorite of the orange scents I have tried. I don't get any incense or dryness, just rich, full, delicious orange sweetness.

And no, I don't smell like a room cleaner. This would smell GORGEOUS as a room scent, though.
puck_nc
principalities
principalities

Oregon

Post by puck_nc »

Origin: Frossette in my latest order

Initial Thoughts: Looking at the description, I was probably wary of the foody and the patchouli (even though in general the Possets patchouli works well on me; see also: Pomona).

In the Vial: Definitely buttercream. Probably chocolate. Something fruity. And something that I can't pin down that smells really, really familiar.

Wet: It's more fruity on me, more chocolately, and more whatever-that-is. I don't get much of the buttercream now.

Drydown: I think I must be getting a bit of skin musk, because now it reminds me of an oddly fruity version of Madame X! And finally I get some vanilla and a hint of patchouli to deepen the whole thing.

Verdict: Interesting. Definitely an individual scent. We'll see if I reach for it.
Pony
a spark
a spark

Oregon

Post by Pony »

I purchased this for my bro-in-law, who lives in Oregon and is a quirky individual. I thought it might be a good stuffer as he's liked LPMP's I've given him before.

Wet: FRUIT LOOPS. Holy cow it smells exactly like one of my favorite childhood cereals. Uh oh - how can I give a fruitloopy perfume to the bro? Granted he's quirky but not that quirky...

Dry: Oh here come the base notes, Toucan Sam has flown away and I am left with a nice blend of deeper notes. The DH gives it a thumbs up. But I'm keeping the little sample for myself - it's quite nice and I love the initial Toucan Sam nostalgia.