Oregon-The Clockwork Kumquat (USA collection)

Ingredients can disappear and that means that the Possets which are made from those ingredients must disappear also. These are the blends to which we have to make a fond farewell.

Moderator: Maya

Katz

Oregon

Post by Katz »

This one *is* fun...on me I get the fruity/creaminess as well, with woody/earthiness coming through after dry-down. Also, a gentle skin-close scent on my skin. I'm a fan of chocolate/orange scents - this is a pretty one!
lost at sea
preternatural being
preternatural being

Oregon

Post by lost at sea »

I like this one. It is many layered I think. Wet, it's all zingy, juicy berries, almost foody but luscious. Within a minute or so I get tobacco leaf coming up REALLY powerfully. No-one else has mentioned tobacco but it's unmistakably tobacco to me. It has a bitter, not quite smokiness. Over time the tobacco backs off and I get something like a lovely fruity sandalwood. It's really nice. I can't pick out the patchouli and I don't get the white musk that someone else mentioned at all. Something about this reminds me of Doped Pumpkin a lot, but I like Oregon more. This is another one that will be going on my "want" list.

Edited: because I DO know how to spell Pumpkin, I just can't type very well :)
gypsyjolie
principalities
principalities

Oregon

Post by gypsyjolie »

I need to remember to shake these when testing!

I got this bottle secondhand, and the first time I tried it, it was all orange candy creamsicle. Pretty but juvenile.

Then I shook it and tried it again and while it still has the candy orange start, it deepens to a more orange peel scent (kumquat) with hints of sandalwood or patchouli and a bit of creamy musk, so it is not so foody. This is the sexy that the first reviews mentioned! :) Yummy in all senses of the word. :Smitten_emoticon:
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. ~ e e cummings
hyacinth
archangel
archangel

Oregon

Post by hyacinth »

I smelled sugar...loved this...layered with.....see Orion review.:pisces:
Ajila
preternatural being
preternatural being

Oregon

Post by Ajila »

Kumquats in the background with an overlay of sweet vanilla (almost to the extent of custard). Sweet and sugary, but always keeping that fresh brightness and never becoming cloying - yum
Morbane
primordial
primordial

Oregon

Post by Morbane »

Very, very creamy. There's a slightly spicy note in this to me, but what comes across overwhelmingly is MINT ICE-CREAM, and no matter how long it stays on my skin or how many times I sniff the bottle, that's what I get. Incredibly smooth, but... ice-cream is just a little too "foody" for me.
reynardine

Oregon

Post by reynardine »

Starts off like Fruit Loops cereal, then smooths out to a creamy citrus.
estitcher
primordial
primordial

Oregon

Post by estitcher »

smells like kumquat and incense on me :Meditate_emoticon:
coconutcream
preternatural being
preternatural being

Oregon

Post by coconutcream »

wow, i think i'm in love, just tried this and since have slatherd it on again twice, when wet on skin smells like milk and breakfast cereal, then mellows into an orangey scent, i kept slathering just for the breakfast cereal scent at the beginning.
saosis
preternatural being
preternatural being

Oregon

Post by saosis »

I like the the subtle patchouli in this one - balances the citrus nicely. I get a hint of something almost peachy in this.