Les Girls-Helen Bedd

Ingredients can disappear and that means that the Possets which are made from those ingredients must disappear also. These are the blends to which we have to make a fond farewell.

Moderator: Maya

etienne
archangel
archangel

Les Girls-Helen Bedd

Post by etienne »

Helen's scent is expensive Parisian perfume sprayed from a vintage bottle, enveloped in bright, lush blooms and crystalline white musk.

This one is very interesting because it indeed reminds me of a "Parisian perfume" in that it smells more like a big name fragrance than most perfume oils I've ever tried. This is definitely the kind of a scent to use to enable someone who has not tried oils before! Something about this reminds me a lot of BPAL Black Moon although I can't identify exactly what note it is I'm picking up. I had assumed the Parisian perfume would be something heavier, a bit Coco Chanel style, but this one is definitely fresher and more youthful than that. Slightly green, definitely fresh and cooling but also very sophisticated. Also seems to have amazing staying power compared and throw to most Possets (my skin usually eats oils so quickly)! I like this a lot - a very positive surprise, I'm glad I got a bottle of this because it's very different from most of my oils.
SariBeth
preternatural being
preternatural being

Helena Bedd

Post by SariBeth »

Initially it is very clean, but a sweet clean, not a soapy one. It's comfortable. After a few moments it smooths out and becomes a lightly floral and very pretty scent. I would describe it as perfumey. I don't think I would wear it myself (as I lean more toward the dirty scents rather than the clean) but i would definitely like this as a home scent.

Also the name wins many points!
whiskerswhispers
principalities
principalities

Helena Bedd

Post by whiskerswhispers »

Helena Bedd
In vial: sophisticated rose perfume.
On skin: roses and very sophisticated perfume. It smells very classy, very chic, it does indeed smell like something that you’d expect from an upmarket French perfumer. I smell other flowers in here but I think rose is the dominant note. I think there may also be some plum, as it smells a little bit fruity. There’s probably some amber and musk, and a sharp brassy note too. However, this perfume isn’t too ballsy or heady, it’s actually quiet on me. Over time I smell almond, or possibly cherry in there, and the scent then turns into a fruity musk scent, like cherries and plums macerating in posh perfume, with a scattering of rose petals. It’s not a loud scent, like some of these sophisticated perfume scents can be. However, it smells a lot like one of those heavy perfumes my mum used to wear. a little too mature for me to pull off, I think. It’s got that lovely classic vibe to it and I admire that, I just don’t think it’s a ‘me’ scent.
gypsyjolie
principalities
principalities

Helena Bedd

Post by gypsyjolie »

This is a beautiful grown up/dressed up perfume, rather than an everyday perfume. I get a light rose, some fruity musk undertone, almond or amaretto, and I think amber. It's hard to pick out the notes. It's not foody and not overly floral or sweet, very feminine and the closer to a "traditional" perfume than I think I've smelled in any Possets other than Western Hills. Classy, golden, sophisticated, and feminine.
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. ~ e e cummings
hyacinth
archangel
archangel

Helena Bedd

Post by hyacinth »

I'm still educating my nose. Don't know what musk smells like!
This, like Tassels, was nicely floral to me.
I was expecting a smackeroo of a scent from the girls. Very lady-like, though.
:pisces:
Ajila
preternatural being
preternatural being

Helena Bedd

Post by Ajila »

A faint green herbal scent that became rubbery as it settled. It was completely eaten by my skin in a very short space of time.
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Helen Bedd

Post by Maya »

Adding Possets description: "Musks to beat the band, strong plant fragrances,and a heady lash of sweetness. This is an all day (or all night) affair so don't ask it to go with you on a whim, you might end up the evening in silk handcuffs and tickley fur panties."
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
katiushka
archangel
archangel

Re: Les Girls-Helen Bedd

Post by katiushka »

Very lovely - people's descriptions above are pretty much spot-on - but it disappears on my skin in less than an hour :(
sakecat22
mortal
mortal

Post by sakecat22 »

On my skin, this read as lilac, rose, vanilla and a white, powdery musk. Made a nice bedtime scent.
Narcisse
mortal
mortal

Post by Narcisse »

I definitely get the floral in this scent. It smells to me more like honeysuckle and sweet liqueur with the vague hint of musk. It definitely smells of high class creole mistress in gay '90's New Orleans. Unlike most florals it did not turn into Aquanet hairspray on me, it smelled like it would if you stepped outside at night in the south and the flowers were blooming. I usually dislike floral and they smell very wrong once they touch my flesh, this one is very beautiful and classic. I would probably prefer to wear this in winter when I want to imagine something besides frostbitten toes.