Les Girls-Tassels O'Leery

Ingredients can disappear and that means that the Possets which are made from those ingredients must disappear also. These are the blends to which we have to make a fond farewell.

Moderator: Maya

rachel2205
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by rachel2205 »

From Moxie:

"Vibrant, sweet florals with pale musk sweetened by a naughty bit of fine chocolate."

I couldn't find a review for this, but forgive me if I've got it wrong!

When this first went on, I could smell the chocolate quite strongly, sitting alongside the flowers - it definitely felt like there was dark chocolate NEXT to the other scent, rather than within it. Now, Fabienne's chocolate scents normally last on me, but in this the chocolate has disappeared very quickly, leaving behind a softly musky floral with a slight powdery note. Quite clean and quiet and floral.
SariBeth
preternatural being
preternatural being

Tassels O'Leery

Post by SariBeth »

Mmmmm! I think I smell cocoa, like a wet sweet sort of chocolate scent, but I definitely wouldn't call this "A chocolate scent". LOL, confused yet?
It smells sort of like a melon, maybe a cucumber, Something wet and fruity like that, with a drizzle of cocoa.
It's delicious. Very likable. Totally wearable.
whiskerswhispers
principalities
principalities

Tassels O'Leery

Post by whiskerswhispers »

Tassels O’Leary
In vial: honeysuckle and chocolate!
On skin: mmmm, I like this! There’s a jasmine note to this, mixed with the scent of freshly bloomed honeysuckle. And it’s the truest honeysuckle note I’ve smelt in perfume, even more honeysuckle-y than Boom Boom. There’s also a gorgeous jasmine like the one in Coo, but it’s richer and more luscious. Over that there’s a hint of cocoa, a sprinkling of sugar, and a gorgeous musk note ties all the notes together. The cocoa is short lived, but the scent then transforms into the most beautiful mix of jasmine and gardenia ever! The jasmine note is just right, and the gardenia is creamy and lush. In fact, the gardenia note smells like tiare, and I absolutely love that scent! There’s even a hint of coconut to it which makes me think of monoi. So now my wrist smells like a night on a tropical island filled with the scent of heady white blooms. So beautiful! this is the perfect summer floral scent, heady blooms that don’t cloy or overwhelm or turn bad on me, grounded with musk and sweetened a bit. I don’t think my decant of this scent is going to last long!
hyacinth
archangel
archangel

Tassels O'Leery

Post by hyacinth »

I didn't smell chocolate-my favorite food, but not my favorite scent. I did smell flowers. 'Twas a pleasant surprise!:pisces:
samcalam
principalities
principalities

Tassels O'Leery

Post by samcalam »

I think if you are a Madame X fan you will love this- not as strong as Madam X on me but seems like they could be distantly related if you know what I mean. Lovely!!:daz:
Ajila
preternatural being
preternatural being

Tassels O'Leery

Post by Ajila »

Soft, gently sugared petals of cool white blooms backed by a hint of butter cream. Very delicate and pretty.
chinacat
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by chinacat »

Chocolate and vanilla, slightly spicy, with a suggestion of a sweet spring floral. A sophisticated, sensuous fragrance, similar to Madame X, but a little more subtle.
allegro_barbaro
preternatural being
preternatural being

Re: Tassels O'Leery

Post by allegro_barbaro »

This one went baaaaaaadly wrong on me. Even though I rarely like perfumes with chocolate in them I will still give them a go 'just in case'. I tried this on immediately before bed and from the first instant I knew it wasn't working on me. The chocolate was there alright, but so was a strange gone off fermenting fruity note similar to the one in Dakota. I waited it out to see if it would get better on the drydown but it didn't. This one is a miss for me.
"Look like the innocent flower, but be th' serpent under't"
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Les Girls-Tassels O'Leery

Post by Maya »

Adding Possets description: "A bit floral and a bit like one of those cakes with the thick icing decorated with flowers. For such a Dresden doll looking thing, she does an act which would tire a HORSE! And it has! Amazing."
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!