Montana-Infinite Sky (USA collection)

Ingredients can disappear and that means that the Possets which are made from those ingredients must disappear also. These are the blends to which we have to make a fond farewell.

Moderator: Maya

whiskerswhispers
principalities
principalities

Montana-Infinite Sky (USA collection)

Post by whiskerswhispers »

I couldn't find a topic for this, so I started one (apologies if there already is one...)

Montana
In vial: oh, this smells like gorgeous purple spicy fruit (plums!) and tobacco!
On skin: beautiful purple-blue-magenta warmth and spice. I smell a rich sweet fruit note which to me smells like plums or apricots. It reminds me of Gibbous and maybe Madeira too. There may also be redcurrant in here. Whatever it is, it smells wonderful and mature, a perfumed fruit. I also smell spices, lots of sophisticated spices, not as strong as the ones in West Virginia but along similar lines (again, resembles Gibbous) and also some resins and incense, possibly amber. and underneath it all, a fabulous smoky tobacco with incense-like nuances and hints of cigar to it. the scent becomes even more gorgeous, mature and velvety, with that perfumed fruit and spice and smoke merging wonderfully into a scent that seems to evoke a deep blue twilight sky flecked with magenta and crimson clouds, the last rays of sunset. Really beautiful. at the same time there’s a hint of jam or compote to the fruitiness, but it’s also not very foody, this is more leaning towards an oriental-type scent with it’s spices and hints of amber. this is another scent from the States collection I’d love to buy a bottle of.
Pony
a spark
a spark

Montana

Post by Pony »

This is one of the first States scents that I have tried. My husband unfortunately dumped the possette on himself...but it turned out nicely as this is a wonderful wide-open scent. Tobacco and fresh ozone and spicy wildflower meadows. I really love this one on him...sadly I didn't get a chance to try it, as he squirreled away the vial for his own use. But I think he will get a bottle for Christmas.
Aida
preternatural being
preternatural being

Montana

Post by Aida »

I like this one a lot, and finally ordered a large bottle of it (I was living on my 2 samples and getting desperate). It's grown up, serious, but not too much. I also get some fruits in it, but I wouldn't be able to say which ones, so I agree with the compote idea, bucause it's not that sweet. And then woods, smoke, incense, everything I like. Maybe clove too?
whiskerswhispers, I notice that we seem to share the same tastes in perfumes, it's not the first time I notice that, and the fact we seem to smell the same things in them too... good to know, so I can rely on your reviews ! :bigsmile:
gypsyjolie
principalities
principalities

Montana

Post by gypsyjolie »

I wouldn't have known this was plum without reading the notes above. It does have a wonderful expansive "night" feeling to the scent. It is warm and dusky blue/purple, with the ending of the heat of the day moving into the freshness of a summer night. How plum and spice can smell like 10pm on an August night, I have no idea! Fabienne is amazing. The tobacco is lovely and suede-soft along with the fruit and spice. Everyone behaves and melds together in a rather non-foodie scent. I think I smell carnation here too, which would be another reason I love this (I am infatuated with Possets' carnation note right now). This is similar to South Carolina, but no floral notes I can pick out. I need a bottle of this, like yesterday.
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. ~ e e cummings
Ajila
preternatural being
preternatural being

Montana

Post by Ajila »

A dry, clean, tobacco scent that's warm and inviting, but remains light and smooth. I love tobacco scents and this is amazing, it's deep and draws you in, it's quite a masculine scent, but it's never harsh or aggressive.
Nyx
preternatural being
preternatural being

Montana

Post by Nyx »

This was recommended to me when I was looking for tobacco blends. I tend to always try the ones with cherry in them. Well, it is more like CHERRY, like all pipe tobacco has to be flavored with a crazy cough drop cherry coating. Disappointed, I would stay away from tobacco notes in most situations, Enkhespalos from BPAL being one of the exceptions to the rule. Even that had a cognac notes I was cautious about. Grape notes can be weird on my skin.

On to Montana. Even though it's a masculine scent, it works on my skin very well. I have a couple drops of it on my skin and a few blended with Stewart. The two go together very well.

In the bottle, Montana is medicinal resins. Rich and earthy. Almost peppery.

On my skin wet, it smells like raw tobacco and warmth.

As it dries, it gets a deep dark slightly sweet note. Not sure if that is a fruit or a heady flower, perhaps spicy carnation, but it adds a sophisticated edge to the blend. The tobacco stays the dominant note by far and isn't too corrupted by any additional notes. It smells dry and pure, stretching across the wide open land. Rugged and homesteader, yet a softie who loves watching birds fly in the cloudless sky. Lovely.
occurs
primordial
primordial

Montana

Post by occurs »

This is the perfect tobacco perfume i was seeking. It's a pure, dry tobacco with a certain special appeal in that it is nicely complemented with spice and flower. the fruit compliment is non-foody, non-sweet, almost like current or blackberries without any sweet or tartness, this is a soft note and sort of blends away. this isn't too strong, it is an assertive scent though. the kind of scent people notice but they don't say anything about. i would wear this in the humid summer, well anytime of year, when i want to be taken seriously. not too masculine to me, although men could wear it, it's a mature and a smart scent.
ladyofthewoods
primordial
primordial

Montana

Post by ladyofthewoods »

I get the spices (my skin amps them) which I love, the incense, tobacco & smoke. This is Gorgeous! Ihave so many spicy scents that I can't ear until Autumn. This one though, I could happily do all Summer.

Big bottle for me please! :babyleap:
ladyofthewoods
primordial
primordial

Montana

Post by ladyofthewoods »

Just ordered a big bottle of this one. WooooHoooo!:rolling:
puck_nc
principalities
principalities

Montana

Post by puck_nc »

Origin: Frossette from an order

Initial Thoughts: I didn't try a bottle of this given the emphasis on tobacco in the description, but I try not to leave a Possette untested.

In the Vial: Tobacco and deep dark fruit. A very smooth, rich scent that is almost tea-like. I'm already wondering if this would stay true on my husband's skin.

Wet: Tobacco, not quite as fruity now, but still wonderfully smooth. This is not the astringent scent of smoke or even the dusty scent of dried tobacco leaves. It's like a tobacco distilled into a fine liqueur.

Drydown: The tea-like note I detected before has come back a bit, but other than that this hasn't morphed much on me, staying true to the tobacco.

Verdict: It is a lovely scent, but definitely too masculine for me. I shall see if it catches my husband's fancy.