Montana-Infinite Sky (USA collection)

Ingredients can disappear and that means that the Possets which are made from those ingredients must disappear also. These are the blends to which we have to make a fond farewell.

Moderator: Maya

saosis
preternatural being
preternatural being

Montana

Post by saosis »

This is quite masculine, but I liked it. The tobacco seemed quite comforting, which is probably an odd thing to say. I'm imagining a young Victorian lady stepping into her Papa's study and that comforting scent hitting her nostrils.
chinacat
preternatural being
preternatural being

Montana

Post by chinacat »

Fruity, but not too sweet. It smells like cherry incense with a hint of tea and spice. I think there is a faint herbal note, too. I was concerned abut the tobacco note, but not to worry-it smells nothing like cigarette smoke.
Angewl
mortal
mortal

Re: Montana

Post by Angewl »

I absolutely love this scent. I'm wearing it right now. :D As soon as I put it on I get fresh tobacco, and as it settles, I get a powdery soft tobacco/vanilla. I'm not really getting any plum as a few people have said, but that's alright with me. I'm in it for the tobacco. ;D
This is my favorite of all the possets I've tried.
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Infinite Sky Montana

Post by Maya »

Adding Possets description: "Famed for it's "Big Sky" optical blue effect, Montana is vast, gorgeous, cold and hot and dry and wet and all things. Therefore, I thought it should have a fragrance which is very flexible but alluring in all ways. Filled with base notes, to underscore its seriousness, Montana is indeed drop dead beautiful. This is where the rich and famous note of raw tobacco shows you why it is such a great favorite in perfumes.* Resinous, perfumy.

*As out of favor as tobacco is now, it is used and is fabulous in perfumes. It provides a sophisticated note which holds all the rest together. This is what tobacco is for. Don't worry, it does not smell like cigarettes, it is not habit forming, and it won't give you cancer when used as a perfume."
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
funkmoppet2
archangel
archangel

Re: Montana-Infinite Sky (USA collection)

Post by funkmoppet2 »

Thank god I grabbed this when it was first released, now that I see it on the Endangered list!

Montana begins with a spicy carnation burst before the utterly heavenly, leathery tobacco emerges. Montana is a glorious example of what I love most about Possets: Fabienne's restrained and downright respectful hand with notoriously strong notes. Rather than getting bludgeoned with cherry tobacco, Montana pulls back and allows this tobacco to very gently display its beautiful complexity. It is in equal parts sweet, dry, woody, leathery, peppery floral and suggestive of musk. Warm, deep, and gently assertive. Absolutely glorious for cold months.
lizbet
mortal
mortal

Post by lizbet »

I bought this one a while ago and keep trying it because I know perfume changes with age, but darned if I'm anosmic to this! (I can hardly smell it.) I barely get a whiff of something vaguely purplish/heather-like, but I'm not getting tobacco. So sad, because it sounds like something I'd love. :violin:
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

Montana has now officially been moved to the Discontinued Possets aisle. :cry:
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!