Les Girls-Purple Hayes

Ingredients can disappear and that means that the Possets which are made from those ingredients must disappear also. These are the blends to which we have to make a fond farewell.

Moderator: Maya

whiskerswhispers
principalities
principalities

Les Girls-Purple Hayes

Post by whiskerswhispers »

Again, couldn't find the thread for this, so I started one.

Purple Hayes
In vial: like Silver Violets, but much, much sweeter. Smells like a crispy sugar coating.
On skin: Parma Violet sweets, now I also smell fruit! Berries, possibly currants, mingle with plums and a hint of cherry and grape. All of this sweetened with notes of sugar, caramel and syrup. There are hints of buttery pastry as well, like a cherry pie scent. But despite all the sweetness, this isn’t cloying. It’s purple but doesn’t have that nagging ‘grape candy’ smell I dislike. This is what I was hoping to get from Dioxine Purple, actually. Actually, the more I smell this, the more I am convinced that there may be some heliotrope in here too. That explains the sweet powdery vanilla-cherry purple floral scent. Over time this loses that plum-like scent, and the violets fade too, and this turns into a cherry and grape dominated fruity candy scent. there is a hint of grape candy now, not unpleasant though. The cherry is dominant at this point and threatens to overwhelm the scent, in fact it now smells like cherry lollipops. But over all the fruity candy notes I still smell the delicate powdery scent of heliotrope and a bit of either iris or violet. And vanilla…lots of sweet vanilla. In fact, this smells like Strawberry Heart, only with cherries instead of strawberries, and a whole lot of heliotrope. This is such a fun scent…not a favourite as some cherry/grape candy scents can become too cloying on me, but definitely evocative of purple sweetness.
ivy_fiddlefox
archangel
archangel

Purple Hayes

Post by ivy_fiddlefox »

ooh I wish I could try this somehow ... I haven't really been keeping up with testing possets for a while, low on dough :( I really hope I can get a new job soon, still no luck
Ajila
preternatural being
preternatural being

Purple Hayes

Post by Ajila »

Bright jewel like berries with creamy vanilla ice cream that settles into a dry, lightly spicy musk. I'm finding Les Girls do not last very well on my skin, but this is very pretty whilst it does last.
ElizabethOSP
mortal
mortal

Purple Hayes

Post by ElizabethOSP »

Wow. I thought I could give a coherent review...and then the MORPH started morphing!:cool:

I get some different notes than whisperwhiskers and Ajila. In the vial, I don't get violets and berries--I get orange! Orange and spicy-sharp-almost-woodiness with something creamy waaaay underneath, and it reminds me of my grandma Babe for some reason (this is a good thing)! Fresh on the wrist it's candy corn and my old family friend Ione's orange ball cookies and maybe someone is drinking Cointreau across the table... Then it gets this creamy note that IS some of the Danish butter cookies we've ALWAYS gotten, my whole life, every time we're in Solvang (CA) on a trip up the state. I get that note from Nevada, too (the oil, not the state:bigsmile:). The Cointreau leaves the room and it hangs out like that a while--orange balls and candy corn. But then I start getting whiffs of that original sharper smell from around the edges of the oil...and then I've snoofed them right off my wrist and they're gone...no, wait--they're in the background again...then gone...Oh! The very edge of the oil smells like cedar! And it keeps going back and forth like this.

Ultimately, Purple Hayes makes me think of partying some time around Thanksgiving. Pretty cool!!!:shimmykitty:

Edit five days later...I am LOVING this in my oil burner!!!
saosis
preternatural being
preternatural being

Purple Hayes

Post by saosis »

Sweet cherries, very strong sweet cherries. I wanted to try this because of the violets but I can't smell them at all. :( Foodie fans will love this one.
jackieo
archangel
archangel

Re: Purple Hayes

Post by jackieo »

I love that every seems to get a different feel for this scent.

To me it is powdered sweet tart, in the best way possible. Very nice and I can see myself going to this one quite often.
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Purple Hayes

Post by Maya »

Adding the Possets description: "Almost a candy corn fragrance, or is it fruity, or is it just very candy and....then it veers off at the last minute and wallops you with a fistful of spices. Actually, it's a very nice pop in the snoot and will end up being something you will come back for more! Too too sweet and a bit out of kilter, that is until you see what the Real Talent is here. Downright wicked."
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
stellamaris
preternatural being
preternatural being

Re: Les Girls-Purple Hayes

Post by stellamaris »

I really like this. It's tart and fruity and spicy. And it sticks around too. Winner.