Cerulean Blue (Valentines 09)

Ingredients can disappear and that means that the Possets which are made from those ingredients must disappear also. These are the blends to which we have to make a fond farewell.

Moderator: Maya

morningglory
principalities
principalities

Post by morningglory »

A light blue which is ever so delicately green with a goodly shot of pink musk to warm it up, and cornflower. Cerulean blue is grown up with with a very slight playful sweetness to it to take the edge off and keep you from losing your fascination with it. This is a fresh, snappy, yet mellow fragrance.

This is definitely an odd little fragrance on me. It starts of with a shot of aquatics laced with a hint of floral that manages to not have that "perfume" smell nor the death knell "white floral" that kills any perfume for me (the one in Snow on Bare Skin and so many other cold themed fragrances). It fades to something lusher and sweeter, and ever so slightly fruity. It smells the way the texture of a good desert mousse feels on your tongue. As that starts to fades it leaves a sweet delicate musk that I have to bury my nose into my wrist to detect. Not a long lived perfume on me, and more delicate than I tend to look for. However, if you like unobtrusive, feminine scents, this is a good one for you to try. I haven't smelled anything like this odd little symphony before, and even though it's not my cup of tea, I hope it stays around for it's sheer uniqueness.
puck_nc
principalities
principalities

Post by puck_nc »

Origin decant from eviltemptressdq's circle

Initial Thoughts: I always try the Colors. And Cerulean Blue is probably the closest I'll ever get to a Carolina Blue perfume that isn't some alcohol-laden mishmash of random notes.

In the Vial: Light. Fresh. Cool. Definitely a herbal, green edge. A bit of fruity sweetness on second sniff that almost thinks me think of marshmallow.

Wet: I'm definitely getting that "playful sweetness"; it's a bit fruity but very candy-like on me. It's less herbal green on the skin. My color impression is definitely pink rather than blue, though.

Drydown: The musk comes out, playing nicely with the other notes. And now it smells a bit more blue, kind of like a sky at sunset, blue streaked with the most gorgeous gold and pink and mauve clouds. It's a gentle musk, a gentle fruit, a gentle sweetness.

Verdict: I think I like it!
Christine Daae
mortal
mortal

Post by Christine Daae »

In the bottle, this reminds me of nothing so much as Pixy Stix! It's a sort of powdery sweet-tartness. Wet, on my skin, this retains that powdery-fruity smell. This is not really what I was expecting, but I really like it!

As this dries, I do get a hint of the florals mentioned - I can't pin them down, really, but something makes me want to say heliotrope because heliotrope has that powdery-sweetness and light-blue quality (to me - it either smells powdery blue or pale yellow, depending). It's still pretty and light and sweet, not cloying or OH HELLO FLORAL, just a lovely light sweetness. And yes, I do smell a bit of the Churpz marshmallow - that had a sugary fruity quality as well.

A really lovely rendition of one of my favorite colors! I am always amazed at how well the color comes across in the scent, and this is no exception!
pytra
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by pytra »

In the bottle, I smelled freshness, and candy. I tought of the Lush soap rock star, calmed down by freshness.
on skin, the candy sometimes gets stronger, but mostly tunrs into something quite chic, musky-like, but never to opressive or "headache making".
and I like it!
Aida
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by Aida »

Very green and clean with a foody-fruity-sugary undertone that makes a very soft, quiet perfume. Not my favorite, but very nice and easy to wear.
whiskerswhispers
principalities
principalities

Post by whiskerswhispers »

Cerulean Blue
In vial: blueberry! Not as deep blue as SD, but still blueberry with something sweet and pink.
On skin: oh, this is so pretty. So pretty! It’s blueberry and delicate herbals and pink sweetness. I don’t know why but this reminds me of summer holidays…maybe the sunny sky blue feel of it? Or maybe there’s a component to it that reminds me of a sun lotion or perfume I wore on holiday once? I can’t say but this seems to be hitting my happy spot. I smell blue flowers here-maybe hyacinth? I’ve not smelt cornflowers or bluebonnets, but that’s what comes to mind. Blue flowers under blue skies. And the pink musk-so pink, so candied, yet not at all cloying. Another thing that comes to mind is blue raspberry…it has a candied feel to it, and a fruity scent reminiscent of blueberries mixed with raspberry ripple ice cream (there’s probably vanilla here too) and I swear I smell something herbal underneath, or some kind of deep woodsy component grounding it all. The scent improves at drydown when it turns to a gorgeously balanced blend of sugary pink musk, creamy blueberries and raspberry and vanilla ice cream, and something indescribable and beautiful that I only describe as ‘the scent of blue’-it evokes the colour of the bluest of blue skies. Or a blue vanilla. And it smells happy and summery, like smiles and sunny days. I need to get more of this one-I love all the blue scents Fabienne has made so far!
Delirium1009
a spark
a spark

Post by Delirium1009 »

This scent reminds me of blue raspberry candy, but not the candies that actually taste like raspberry... just that berry-like "blue"-ness that you get from bright blue candies. It has a cool, almost creamy note to it, but mostly it's sugary and just a totally fun, uplifting scent. I was afraid this would smell like blueberry on me since I really don't like that note in perfumes but it smells like berries and like the color blue, but not like blueberries to me if that makes any sense.
hyacinth
archangel
archangel

Post by hyacinth »

Bubblegum! So my brain made some synaptic switchback:bubblegum>>pink>>Barbie! This was a good thing, for I loved my Barbies so much, but this is not a blue scent to me. Even after I smelled berries,they were raspberries. I enjoyed it so much that by noon, it was almost gone, so I started layering it with yesterday's Superego. I thought I had shook, tapped, turned the vial upside down enough that Superego's dark oil was blended, but when sampled it, I found all that was left were dark,ameoba-shaped things that smelled a lot like chocolate and stained my hands! When layered with Cerulean Blue, I couldn't identify it as any one scent but I had a fun afternoon, applying, re-applying, washing my hands---the scent did not go away, it became fainter, still sweet. Everyone who came into my room said I smelled good-like candy or vanilla! Bf deeply suspicious of this blending idea, reminding me of past blending-non-scent disasters ( it involved exfolliants and the Sephora lady refused to sell me any calming creams or lotions, told me to get some antibacterial oinment.)
:pisces::pisces:
Soapy955
archangel
archangel

Post by Soapy955 »

I got a frossette of this today and to me it smells exactly like Lush's Candy Fluff dusting powder! Somehow it is a little bit nicer though! I used to douse myself in Candy Fluff every day and it's only someone on here saying it smelt like Rock Star that made me see the connection to Lush! It is pink smelling to me, rather than blue but it's very nice!
fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne »

BTW, no one should ever ever ever release a scent about NCU or any other university or college which doesn't show that the maker gave it the old college try. No kidding. :confused:
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!