South Dakota-Blue Wedding Dress

Ingredients can disappear and that means that the Possets which are made from those ingredients must disappear also. These are the blends to which we have to make a fond farewell.

Moderator: Maya

suzie
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by suzie »

"A little sweet pasque flower (like a bluebell) and a bit of tart dark fruit a drop of sweetness but a stunningly refreshing incense from we don't know where. This one is like an oddly refreshing sadness which just cleanses your soul and allows it to be filled up with joy again. Indulgent rather than punishing, lightly musky but with a good depth and "body". The most happily married couple I know came from South Dakota, and she wore a blue wedding dress with bluebells on the ceramic buttons. USA."

I feel woefully inadequate to start a review for this scent, but it is just too lovely to leave unreviewed :)
Wet: I get a strong blast of the fruit...something reminiscent of the pomegranate in Bpal's Persephone. My dh thought this stage smelled like wine...

Drying down: the fruit backs of a bit and the floral elements start to come out.

Fully dried: This is where I get confused...I just can't put my finger on what I'm smelling. I get a very gentle, calming scent with touches of fruit and floral, but the sum is definitely more than the parts. Very yummy, without being either floral or fruity, soft, a very inviting scent, but not at all in your face.
puck_nc
principalities
principalities

Post by puck_nc »

Origin: decant from eviltemptressdq's circle

Initial Thoughts: Just plain curious. The description reminded me a little of the Little House books from Laura Ingalls Wilder and her years in Dakota Territory.

In the Vial: Whether it's because I had the books on the brain, my first thought was Wilder's description of just how clean the Dakota prairies are, with nary a bug in evidence. Trying to pinpoint it, I still think of a fresh, green, grassy prairie with scattered flowers. There is that fruitiness as well, adding a lift to enhance the idea of joy in the description. A second sniff detects the incense, subtly grounding the scent.

Wet: Fruity, and because it's me and my skin, musky incense. Amp, amp, amp. And something is definitely making me sneeze.

Drydown: Le sigh. It's a battle, but the incense is winning. The fruit is pretty much gone and any floral that was there is only serving to make the incense sour. That lovely inviting impression of clean prairie is gone.

Verdict: My skin chemistry, it makes me unhappy with this one. But incense fans should give it a try.
Aida
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by Aida »

I have no idea what is the problem with this perfume on my skin, but it's a no no no way. I like it in the bottle, it's fresh and almost foody, I get the encense in it too. When I put it on my skin it's ok for a few seconds and BANG it smells exactly like, you know, when you forgot cut flowers in a vase for weeks and finally take all your courage and through it away, the smell of this water and the chlore you'll use to get rid of it at the same time. But on other people, I do like it tough! :bigsmile: I can smell some liquorice or anise on them that reminds me of Venus Black (not on me but maybe that's what causes the problem).
hyacinth
archangel
archangel

Post by hyacinth »

The last review for this scent was done on my birthday. Seemed like a sign to me. I just love this fragrance. I guess it's fruit and flowers...I become LOST in it. Maybe it was the scent combined with the image of a blue wedding dress...like a mail order bride, come to live and keep house and eventually fall in love with, a rancher. A very dear scent.:pisces:
Ajila
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by Ajila »

A soft, powdery floral; very girly, but with a softness that prevents it from being to garish and an otherness that prevents it from being run of the mill. A very unusual floral and one that draws me in,
allegro_barbaro
preternatural being
preternatural being

Re: South Dakota-Blue Wedding Dress

Post by allegro_barbaro »

I'm sorry but after a promising light musky start this very quickly went very wrong on my skin. It smells like a baby has just regurgitated some stewed fruit all over this starched wedding dress. Luckily I have about a zillion other Possets that I adore.
"Look like the innocent flower, but be th' serpent under't"
funkmoppet2
archangel
archangel

Re: South Dakota-Blue Wedding Dress

Post by funkmoppet2 »

If I have a decant, I may as well test and review it, so with that in mind I gave South Dakota a shot. And it shot back. With sugar. At first I thought this might be a suggestion of blue like the Colours, but the sugar ramps up so fast and so hard that I literally had to recoil. The sugar does begin to lose some of its volume but unfortunately I'm just not enjoying anything here. It's like the ultimate anti-Funkmoppet blend. Gonna go scrub with a vengeance.