Cuss / @!#%&

Ingredients can disappear and that means that the Possets which are made from those ingredients must disappear also. These are the blends to which we have to make a fond farewell.

Moderator: Maya

HappyLoveJoy
preternatural being
preternatural being

Cuss / @!#%&

Post by HappyLoveJoy »

That's what you will say about this perfume, it's @!#%& good! Imagine an Australian apricot is pressed with dried American Georgia peach, caramelized sugar is applied and it dries to a delightful sweet glass-like shell while still retaining it's toasted sugar character. Somehow all of this goodness combines to create a third and most appealing but ineluctable taste and that is @!#%&!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wow! My mouth is watering just *thinking* about how @!#%& good this smells. Right out of the bottle it's really tart, tangy and sweet. I catch the peach right away, bright and fresh---or is it apricot? They are similar enough to blend seamlessly into one fruit smell, which is what I get with Cuss. The dried aspect of the peach isn't evident to me because this smells so darned juicy. The tartness quickly dissipates and I'm bittersweet about that because I loved the way it felt in my nose. At the same time I'm glad it doesn't stay tangy because my salivary glands were working overtime! :Drool_emoticon___Hp329::bigsmile: Now it's rounder but still fruity. I'd say it's creamy but that'd be misleading because it's doesn't smell like cream. Oh, I know!!! It's like divinity with chewy bits of peach and apricot throughout! It's fluffy, whipped sugar that's been cooked enough to smell a tad toasted but not to the point of turning amber. It's that first few minutes on the stove when the sugar is hot but still white or clear. As time goes on it's still peachy and sweet with a little tiny bit of zing. I let my 6 y/o son smell my wrist and he said, "That smells good!" When I asked him what it smelled like he said, "Papaya." I can see how he'd get that because it's so sweet and not so much tart anymore. I'm glad I took a chance on this unsniffed. I love it; and when I smell it, I think of summer and sunshine and peaches.
whiskerwing
archangel
archangel

Cuss / @!#%&

Post by whiskerwing »

Awesome! I was waiting for a review of this one, and now I can't wait! Thanks so much!
HappyLoveJoy
preternatural being
preternatural being

Cuss / @!#%&

Post by HappyLoveJoy »

*highfives whiskerwing* You bet!:bigsmile:
Alaizabel
mortal
mortal

Cuss / @!#%&

Post by Alaizabel »

This is a bright, peachy blend that instantly makes you smile. It reminds me a lot of Frolic, but it's a little bit softer and not quite as sharp and tart, if that makes sense. I definitely get a creamy base, and the whole thing just blends so nicely together. It's definitely a deeper, more autumnal scent than Frolic as well (I wore Frolic to death this summer...). @!#%& is like a creamy, peach pie, baking away in the oven and filling the house with good smells.
whiskerwing
archangel
archangel

Cuss / @!#%&

Post by whiskerwing »

Tried this tonight, even though I know I'm supposed to let them rest from travel. I couldn't wait!

I'd say HappyLoveJoy totally nailed it - this is like a gently peachy divinity, with an emphasis on the divinity. I'm trying to remember the other name for 'divinity' candy - white clouds of marshmallowy sugar, but light and dry and crumbly. The intense fruity/juicy start fades quickly, giving way to a dry, almost powdery candy. My husband called it "chalky" (he didn't like it as much as I did).

There's a definite and very faint perfumy base to this (-not- the same one that's in Winter Wedding Cake, just that ever-so-gentle posset reminder that these are perfumes, so don't lick your wrist) beneath the sugar, and the apricot/peach fades as time passes, giving that lovely divinity base time to shine.

Definitely soft (in a "texture" way, rather than in a "strength" way). As comparison, I found frolic to have a sharper sweetness (and more of a traditional "candy" smell, where I find Cuss to be a homemade candy/treat smell). Also, Fondly is a much thicker, richer sweet, and the apricot/peach in it longer-lasting.

Later : the scent is growing fainter. Doesn't appear to be one of the heavier, longer-lasting, or powerful scents.

It reminds me of winter evenings in my gramma's kitchen. Every year, I'd request she make divinity, and every year she'd tell me she'd only do it if I would help, even when I was so short I had to stand on a stepstool to watch her demonstrate (for the umpteenth time) what "hard-ball" stage was for candy.
Ajila
preternatural being
preternatural being

Cuss / @!#%&

Post by Ajila »

Sweet, luscious fruits, the soft downy texture of the peach supported by the solidarity of the apricot. Sweet, soft and deliciously musky.
lulu
archangel
archangel

Cuss / @!#%&

Post by lulu »

The first thing I get when putting this one on is toasted almonds with a bit of cooked pastry- no fruit at all!! But this quickly dissipates to a fruity apricot and peach blend that still has a good amount of tartness to it which is what I was hoping for. For me it's not sugary and sickly sweet- I adore it!
Katinka
a spark
a spark

Cuss / @!#%&

Post by Katinka »

Super yummy -- my husband likes this one quite a bit. :)
lulu
archangel
archangel

Cuss / @!#%&

Post by lulu »

I was starting to wonder why nobody ever comments on any of the perfumes I wear.....too subtle? or maybe too overpowering? Yesterday however, I went to my shoemaking supplier (I do this as my creative outlet when I am not at my day job). Now this is a trade supplier mainly frequented by shoe repairers and very much a male domain. When I am there the man who runs it always says to the other customers "don't @!#$%ing swear, there is a lady here!":rolling:

So as I was paying my bill, he said "Phwoooarr, you smell nice!!" (imagine said in a broad Aussie accent). And yes, Cuss was the perfume I had on at the time!!
Me: "Oh really, what does it smell of?" (well I was so shocked about him saying something, and curious)
Him: "I dunno, you just smell really nice.....what is it?"
Me: "ummmmm....peaches and apricots" (how do I tell him it's actually called @!#%&!! Although he probably was the one person I COULD say it to, hahaha!)
Him: "Well, I really like it and would buy it for my wife, but it would always remind me of you":rolling:

Okay, so he could have been just saying it to be flirty:wink:, but he is the one and only person to comment and I think it shows how absolutely delicious this fragrance is!!!:Smitten_emoticon::Smitten_emoticon:
fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Cuss / @!#%&

Post by fabienne »

Well, that was a &%^$@#ing great story! :rolling:
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!