Cambienne: Eastern Star

Possets comes out with a blend called Cambienne. This blend is changed over time and the formula at the beginning becomes the base upon which the next iteration is built. No one else has a blend like this. It is very limited by its nature, and once you buy a bottle you had better keep it because it can never be produced again. Read what people have had to say about these fabulous and rare blends.

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

Cambienne: Eastern Star

Post by Boudicca »

White pepper and grapefruit, sandalwood, and a bright/sharp musk set the tone for this beautiful blend. A very small amount of lavender is there just to smooth over the joints of the ingredients, a tiny bit of rose (you would not know it was there if I didn't tell you) again to make the whole much greater than the sum of the parts. Violet leaf, tansy, and green fig finish it off. I have to say this one is refreshing and enlivening. Oh, and I forgot to mention I used the merest speck of honeydew in it, again because it is a great emollient element.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
anaengel
a spark
a spark

Re: Cambienne: Eastern Star

Post by anaengel »

I am loving this one. On me it is so warm and gentle. This is a wonderful addition to its line of the lighter scents.
It starts of with a mosh mash of all the notes wanting to be known but also ready to complement each other. It is where (I still amp rose so grain of salt people) the rose makes its stand. But, it is a pretty rose, so I have no complaints.
As it dries, the lavender and the grapefruit come out. They are happily mingling with a faint honeydew in the front of the background. This honeydew is a ripe one and very juicy. It makes me want to make a honeydew water slathered in lavender and see how it would taste. But, I digress. I'm also getting the base starting to come out to remind me of its origins.
After a while, it fades to a musk and the cool feel that I sometimes get with the older blends.
I am very glad I got this and have yet to find a loser in this new cambienne line. Now, I just have to add my reviews of the ones I haven't yet. I'd put this just behind Ice Crystal as my favorite.
Apollonia
mortal
mortal

Re: Cambienne: Eastern Star

Post by Apollonia »

Wow, now I know what all the fuss about the Cambiennes is about. This is the first one I've tried and it's so complex and multi-layered and morphs like crazy on me.
It opens with a really sour, juicy grapefruit which I really enjoy, this is the exact type of citrus I want in my perfumes; bitter and non-foody. The green notes of fig and violet leaf come through next keeping the scent so fresh and summery. I see exactly what Fabienne means about the lavender smoothing over the joints. It's not really noticeable as a note, but it's there in the herbal "vibe" of the perfume. I detect no rose at all. I often find that once the top notes have gone, many perfume oils become quite sweet and vanilla-ish on me, but this one doesn't at all. It maintains its green freshness the whole way.