Crowdsourced Possets review index

This category is created for things having to do with reviews but are not actual reviews, like the Crowdsourced Review of all Possets and more.

Moderator: Maya

orata
mortal
mortal

Post by orata »

Hello everyone,

It drives me nuts that I can't search for reviews because the search function only returns a certain number of results, so I was wondering if anyone wanted to help me make an index of all reviews.

I set up this spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... TJRYm1RSXc

Name of perfume in first column, link to review thread in next column.

I pasted all the links from the first page of reviews. If you have some spare time, check what the last review added was, and go through the next page or so and add the links. I'd suggest we leave it as is until all pages are added (to make it easier to see how far the last person has gotten) then sort alphabetically.

Anyone with the link can edit the document, so please be careful not to delete what's there already! I might need to restrict access later so that your permissions would need to be manually added in order for you to edit the spreadsheet, but for now I thought I'd make it easy for people to help.
pink.dot
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by pink.dot »

Great idea Orata! I added some:)
rivercitylizzy
primordial
primordial

Post by rivercitylizzy »

Oh this is fabulous, thank you! Especially for the older blends--sometimes I just cannot find the review thread I'm looking for, even after skimming all the search results.
thesibylqueen
archangel
archangel

Post by thesibylqueen »

I really love this. Could I propose one formatting change? I would tend to look for scents by the first word, dropping 'The' -- even if 'The' is in the formal title. Could the sheet be renamed putting 'the' after the first word? ie, The Purring Peacock would show as Purring Peacock, The. I'm happy to make the change since it's my suggestion. thx!
My swap/sell list as well as my wishlist: http://www.possets.com/talking/viewtopi ... 1491#p1491
orata
mortal
mortal

Post by orata »

Sure, go ahead and make the change, thesibylqueen!

Generally, the titles of review topics aren't very consistent--so far I've been just putting what I consider the basic name of the scent, but it looks like someone else has copy/pasted the titles verbatim from the forum topic title. But I'm thinking things like "OAR Kitties" or "Yule 2011" could maybe go in another column so it can be filtered or grouped as needed.
Jubilee
mortal
mortal

Post by Jubilee »

Wow thanks so much for your work on this, it makes things so much easier!
orata
mortal
mortal

Post by orata »

Glad to hear it, please add some to the list if you have time!
orata
mortal
mortal

Post by orata »

184 reviews linked so far, done through page 9...
orata
mortal
mortal

Post by orata »

Bump
thesibylqueen
archangel
archangel

Post by thesibylqueen »

I stopped at about page 16 (last was Marnie - OAR cat). 287 reviews in!
My swap/sell list as well as my wishlist: http://www.possets.com/talking/viewtopi ... 1491#p1491