PROTOTYPES!

This category is created for things having to do with reviews but are not actual reviews, like the Crowdsourced Review of all Possets and more.

Moderator: Maya

whiskerswhispers
principalities
principalities

PROTOTYPES!

Post by whiskerswhispers »

Yes, prototypes! Fabienne kindly slipped a few in my latest order. No names, just numbers, I got three handwritten vials brimming with mysterious perfume...they are gorgeous and all seem to feature rose (to me anyway), and I do love Possets rose notes. I feel very privileged to have tried these out, so now here are some reviews!

Prototype 1
In vial: a mix of something sharp and cool reminiscent of Western Hills, some pale sugar, and a fruity-foody note which is almost like pumpkin, but not as buttery.
On skin: oh, this is nice. now I smell a deep rich red rose note, like the rose in Frou Frou. I also smell fruit notes-possibly some citrus, maybe orange? Maybe some nuts too? I'm now getting a Turkish delight scent from this…and maybe a hint of chocolate, or vanilla, and some other fruity notes like plum/cherry, and lavender? It does remind me a little bit of the Silk Road soap, Odalisque, a real 'sophisticated Turkish delight' scent. After a while, I can't say for sure what this smells like but I know rose and some foody notes are in here, and it smells so good. At times it turns a little boozy, and I get a lovely spiced autumnal fruit scent under the velvety rose. Eventually it merges into a mix of rose and spiced fruit (I'm thinking apricot and plum by now) with a touch of something oriental and exotic like amber, and some vanilla extract, maybe a sprinkling of almonds or hazelnuts. It's almost dessert like, but with a plush 'crushed red velvet' feel to it…very sophisticated…it becomes less fruity, more perfumey over time. If I was to sum this up I'd say this was along similar lines to Madeira, Gibbous and Frou Frou, but maybe a little more gourmand and rosy. I do hope this gets released some day because it is gorgeous!

Prototype 2
In vial: a crisp, frosty rose with a scent of ice covered branches/tree bark…and chocolate!
On skin: crisp and icy rose, with a hint of cocoa. This reminds me of many things-a wintertime version of Hyde Park, the rose note from Cambienne meets the coldness of Cold Snap, and also, to a lesser extent, BPAL Rose Red. It's an iced rosebud with hints of sharp green and tea and something almost like the smell of tree bark, something slightly scrubby under the high, clear rose. Eventually the ice melts but there's still something crystalline to this scent which makes me think of cool clear water from a mountain stream. Then the scent makes another morph and I smell sweet, woodsy notes, maybe sandalwood and rosewood, a little bit of cocoa, and less of the sharp watery-green notes. Now this reminds me strongly of BPAL Séance, with that scent of sweet rosewood and roses and a hint of dust and bark to it-it is wistful and traditional but not old fashioned. I think I also get some tonka in here, which is probably the source of the sweetness…there's also something powdery in here, the drydown this scent has is very powdery-maybe there's orris or violet here too. To me, this seems like an ideal scent for winter, with it's cold, frozen introduction mellowing into something more comforting and gentle. I hope this goes live one day!

Prototype 3
In vial: another crisp, cool rose! This one is a lot more like Hyde Park or Cambienne than Prototype 2.
On skin: crisp, cool rose, served with green tea. This is very similar to Hyde Park, but chilled, or like Cambienne, but again, it's colder. It's like the first, springtime Cambiennes meets the summery-fruity rose of recent blends, along with a hint of hibiscus tea. I also smell dry apples, or camomile, an almost fruity aspect to the rose, but instead of it being sunny like the summer Cambiennes, I get a feel of rain to this, or even sleet. It is wet and clear and crisp and cooling, it doesn't have the sweetness of the other rosy prototypes I tried. This is tart and biting, in a good way. The colder notes do fade but the scent doesn't lose it's watery feel-after a while it smells like a rose in a crystal vase with a cup of herbal tea next to it now. Now this smells a little more like Rose Red, more so than the other prototype-this has that same clear fresh rose scent to it. This one isn't as complex as the other two prototypes but that's no bad thing-I like the simplicity of this scent, rose and rosehips enhanced with cool watery green-floral and fruity nuances. If Hyde Park was freshly brewed herbal rosehip-hibiscus tea, this is it's iced tea equivalent. Very nice!

My favourite is definitely #1. I hope that these (or scents equivalent to them) go live one day...I'd be curious to see what they will be named if they do get released!
aine
mortal
mortal

PROTOTYPES!

Post by aine »

Oooh....prototype 3 sounds gorgeous....

Any hints about whether we'll see these, Fabienne? :wink:
spacekitty
mortal
mortal

PROTOTYPES!

Post by spacekitty »

Does anyone think these might be the Pinks?
Do we know how many Chats there will be?
Any speculation?
fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

PROTOTYPES!

Post by fabienne »

Bwah-ha-ha-haaaa!:crazy:
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!
spacekitty
mortal
mortal

PROTOTYPES!

Post by spacekitty »

I didn't ask you! lol :tongue:

There should be a forum rule against creator taunting. It's just not fair.
Like, Fabienne can't taunt unless she also gives a hint. :wink:
fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

PROTOTYPES!

Post by fabienne »

Are you SURE that wasn't a hint?:beret:
spacekitty
mortal
mortal

PROTOTYPES!

Post by spacekitty »

Awesome!

What do I win? :wink:
fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

PROTOTYPES!

Post by fabienne »

:cry::cry::cry:Oh, it was just a hint, you got to guess what's going to happen.:wink:Want to predict? Feeling lucky?
spacekitty
mortal
mortal

PROTOTYPES!

Post by spacekitty »

Oh boy. Based on someone's review?? Not that I don't trust WW reviewing prowess... but...

I'm gonna guess that these are the Pinks. Because of the rose she distinctly smells and the other notes that seem to be pink and red (at least in Proto #1). And also because she describes them all as "cool", "watery", "crisp" and "clear" - which to me would point to the "Haze", "Vapor" and "Steam" in the Pinks names.

As for which is which... I haven't a clue. Maybe #1 is Haze? *shrugs*

How far off base am I? :shamed:
spacekitty
mortal
mortal

PROTOTYPES!

Post by spacekitty »

Maybe I just REALLY WANT the Pinks to be rosey because you do roses so perfectly.