PROTOTYPES!

This category is created for things having to do with reviews but are not actual reviews, like the Crowdsourced Review of all Possets and more.

Moderator: Maya

fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

PROTOTYPES!

Post by fabienne »

You should be here right now. I am boxing up the order to The Soap Box Company as we speak and it is being sent out toot sweet to Chicago. So, if you are turning pink, :shamed:, it is not in vain!
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!
spacekitty
mortal
mortal

PROTOTYPES!

Post by spacekitty »

WOOOOT! :cheer:

I cannot wait for these to go live!

YUM!
aine
mortal
mortal

PROTOTYPES!

Post by aine »

:cry::cry::cry: The Soap Box Company doesn't ship internationally. I am going to have to pretend this thread doesn't exist.:cry::cry::cry:
jax72
a spark
a spark

PROTOTYPES!

Post by jax72 »

aine: where do you live? I am sure a custom purchase can be worked out.
spacekitty
mortal
mortal

PROTOTYPES!

Post by spacekitty »

Pink Vapor
Vial: Rose and… Cranberry? Maybe even peony. Sharp and tangy and green with something brown/earthy. Chocolate?
Wet on skin: Not as sharp now, more grounded, more chocolate, but still rosey and fruity.
Dry on skin: The chocolate disappeared after a while but the tanginess sings. I get a bright, sunshiny little nod to Nanette Lepore from this.

Much later: Everything blends together so beautifully, it's hard to find the notes. It's bright and warm and... cute but not silly. This is cozy. It’s like curling up under a blanket to watch the rain or first snow.

Pink Steam
Vial: Much sweeter than Vapor. Apple candy. Halloween sack. Almost… almost hair spray. :shamed:
Wet: Tooth-achingly sweet. Now I’m getting apple pie. Or pumpkin? There’s similar butter note that I get from BPAL’s Jack.
Dry: ANISE and… Violet? Carnation? It’s very similar to Lolita Lempicka. The licorice note spikes right through the powdery fluffy sweetness. There may be a bit of sandalwood or patchouli anchoring it. There’s definitely something heavy and dark in there that wants to come out.

This is slightly haunting… and numbing. It’s warm and sweet, but chilling. It’s a bit suspenseful and foreboding. I’d say it’s more like coolness of a warm shower evaporating from your skin than the steam itself.

Makes me think of Rhoda from The Bad Seed.

Much later: This lasts, but in a very different form. It’s very resinous now.

Pink Haze
Vial: Tea, rose, more candy but totally different from Steam. Tart and tangy.
Wet: Intense tart fruits (Pomegranate? Cranberry? Rhubarb??) and… god! Something SO FAMILIAR!
Dry: This is the sportiest, most frivolous and free of the three. After a while a soft-sweetness comes out (tonka?) and balances out the uber-tart. This makes me want to run out and make snowmen. Or pick apples. It’s very bright and cheery and festive and fun.

Much later: Still there, just softer and prettier. Pinker. It reminds me of Phoebe's (on Friends) little kid running style.

Sorry - I'm not great at reviewing. And my skin is really wonky (everything goes super sweet). I do want to add that they are all beautiful and they are all very VERY different despite their similar names. My favorite is Vapor, even though it doesn't last as long or have the throw of the others. It stays very close to the skin - but it works as it's so comfy you don't really want to share it. :tongue:
Catsmeow
preternatural being
preternatural being

PROTOTYPES!

Post by Catsmeow »

SpaceKitty,

Did you also find the rose notes in any of these similar to those in Cambienne (sharp, astringent), or a "silvered" rose? I'm finding that I'm not faring too well after all with cold/metallic rose notes, unfortunately. I can wear them for a while, but then they become overwhelming. :punkiesad:
spacekitty
mortal
mortal

PROTOTYPES!

Post by spacekitty »

Yes - I feel it is similar to the Cambienne rose - which I find to be similar to BPAL's Rose Red rose. I don't really find that it "astringent", though. I find it green and fresh. A young, dew-kissed rose - not a dried up potpourri, grandma perfume rose. But sharp - yes. This rose has spunk.
Catsmeow
preternatural being
preternatural being

PROTOTYPES!

Post by Catsmeow »

Thanks, Spacekitty! Much appreciated!