Bath and Body Possets 2009

This category is created for things having to do with reviews but are not actual reviews, like the Crowdsourced Review of all Possets and more.

Moderator: Maya

puck_nc
principalities
principalities

Post by puck_nc »

The old threads were mostly about the limited run of Madame X and choosing scents for Villainess, so I thought I'd start a new one.

I currently have in my hoard Villainess Smooch and Whipped in Titanium White and Strawberry Heart (check out the Soap Box Company if Villainess is still out of stock). I also immediately jumped at the chance of body butter and sugar scrub in Silver Lily from Lathers & Lights. That arrived today, and I was amused that I'd get to try Silver Lily before my decants arrived.

The body butter and scrub are just as luxurious as I remember the Madame X products being. I am so glad to have finally learned the source of these wonderful products and will be making many more purchases in the future (I'm also boggled at the generous stash of ten samples).

The Silver Lily body butter is incredibly thick, soaks into the skin like a dream. The scent is to die for; now I can't wait for my decants so I can do a proper review. It's unmistakably lily, but the Silver sweetness does its job and takes the edge off the floral. The lotion on my skin stays pretty true, a gorgeously soft and sweet lily scent. I've already put my scrub in the shower for tomorrow morning!
puck_nc
principalities
principalities

Post by puck_nc »

I tried the Silver Lily sugar scrub by Lathers & Lights this morning. I don't think I would have survived my day if I hadn't had that wonderfully fragrant hot shower first (injured back, kid had a nightmare and woke us at 4am, etc.). Again, the base for the scrub is impossibly thick and luxurious - I think I used about a third of what I usually use with a Villainess Smooch and got a good scrubby cleansing. There are poppyseeds in the mix, but not near as many as there were with the Villainess Madame X version, so my husband didn't fuss at me about the state of the shower. Afterwards, my skin felt silky-soft and lovely. I'd forgotten just how nice that L&L scrub is; the Smooch by comparison now feels a little oily in the after stage.

All in all, a tremendous success in my opinion, and I'll be buying every L&L product that comes in a Possets I love! (And undoubtedly some others as well!)
rachel2205
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by rachel2205 »

I like the idea of trying Lathers and Lights. Villainess are a dream to work with for intl orders; anyone ordered from L&L internationally? Experiences?
puck_nc
principalities
principalities

Post by puck_nc »

Silver Carnations Smooch and Whipped are live at Villainess, along with restocked Strawberry Heart...
Aida
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by Aida »

I ordered from Lather and Lights to France. No problem at all, even though shipping cost was quite high (when it's free over 100$ at Villainess which is great as we alway make grouped orders). I actually didn't get Possets because I'm not found of the scents they offer now, but I tried a few things and it's quite good. I slightly prefer Villainess though, their products content no paraben at all for example. But the hair products at Lather and Lights are good (but not Possets scented). I still haven't tried all the products from my order.
puck_nc
principalities
principalities

Post by puck_nc »

I got my Silver Carnations from Villainess today! I have the Whipped all over my hands and it smells heavenly!
samcalam
principalities
principalities

Post by samcalam »

Whipped is to die for! and it lasts for ages! I love it.
halo0073
archangel
archangel

Post by halo0073 »

Lathers and Lights rock! I just got my order with Heart Attack Lotion, Silver Lily Scrub and Body Butter. Very impressed with the quality esp the lotion. Even more impressed that I got free shipping, 11-yes 11-samples and a cute little rubby ducky toy in my order. I swear I am stuck on independent homemade scented products for life!:babyleap: