The Female Souls of the Night Review

Start a new review of your Possets here or contribute to an ongoing set of reviews of this collection. To start a new review click the "New Topic" button at the end of the section. To contribute, just go into the topic you want to add to and add a new post. Thanks and have fun.

Moderator: Maya

tarayvonne
virtues
virtues

The Female Souls of the Night Review

Post by tarayvonne » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:25 pm

The Female Souls of the Night

Possets description:
That they waft about trailing those most feminine of fragrances behind them like the ghosts of ghosts. They flit about the jouneying soul who makes his way through the underworld on his way to judgment. He can smell them and they tempt him to linger. This is all soft edged, animalic muskiness, civety veils, floral hallucinations of jasmine, and wet longing night. VERY sexual. ALL woman, NO limits.

This is soft, musky, and really smells like a dank or soaked jasmine (jasmine in a damp tomb?) mixed with civet. Think Vampire Lucy Westenra climbing out of the damp stone mausoleum and going to seduce or kill someone and no one knows which it'll be. Jasmine, animalistic civet, musk, and something cold, wet, and a little uninviting/unnerving that seems tomb-like. Like a wild marauding female specter trailing ghostly mist and cemetery flowers behind.

It was named well :) I like this and find it very evocative and Halloweenish and yet still sexual in nature.

Palmademallorca
mortal
mortal

Re: The Female Souls of the Night Review

Post by Palmademallorca » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:10 am

nobody to review this one ? :t:

fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:20 am

The name does sound like Bram Stoker but it really is The Book of the Dead. The Female Souls of the Night are indeed mentioned in that august tome.
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!

tarayvonne
virtues
virtues

Post by tarayvonne » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:22 pm

Yeah I knew that but it made me think of her. The female sex appeal with a sort of ghostly, grave "dampness" which reminded me of a mausoleum and an animalistic vibe hiding underneath. My mind went to "female vampire" for some reason. That was just what the perfume evoked to my mind.

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya » Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:10 pm

Tarayvonne, your review (female vampire) makes this sound like one I wouldn't wear often, but when I would it would be just right. I have this coming as a decant, and I can't wait to try it!
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!

tarayvonne
virtues
virtues

Post by tarayvonne » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:38 pm

Hey you never know, you might feel way different about it than I do. My mind works strangely like that, doesn't mean anyone else will think the same thing though. Could be because lately with Halloween and all I've OD'ed on monster movies and one too many vampire movies have been in the mix. I put in something to listen to while I'm working on crafts for my store.

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:32 pm

Based on some of the scents from this release that I've already tried, I wouldn't be surprised if I get your (or a similar) vibe from it. This release has given me several scents that felt evocative of realms different than this one. I'm thinking specifically of Apep when I say that, but even Amulet transported me to another time and place (although Amulet was less "otherworldly" and more this-but-older-worldly).

Boudicca

Post by Boudicca » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:17 pm

This is one that I said might make me be a Back Up Bottle Buyer for the first time. I'm wearing it today and thinking that again.
If you like civet, you must try this. If you don't, you should try it anyway. You might change your mind. That note starts out strong but then fades a bit and lurks beneath the jasmine. I think it is gorgeous. There is more to it than civet & jasmine, but I can't describe it.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds

mina
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by mina » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:28 am

Musk, wet jamisn but not too floral. There is something animalistic in this one, maybe the civet ?
I don't like floral perfum and jasmine can be nauseating for me but not here.
It makes me think of a female vampire too :j:

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:59 pm

In the decant: musks, a slightly grape candied edge without having any grape in it (that probably doesn't make sense, but that's the only way I can describe this), and a touch of something damp and sultry.

On my skin: I get floral, that candied edge disappears completely, and I'm smelling the musk. Under it all is an animalic base--and there's something about it that vaguely reminds me of the "furry" note that I got from Feral.

As it dries: It definitely has an animalic edge, but it also has a softness to it, and the floral is rising even more on my skin. Having said that, most florals and I tend to have a love/hate relationship and this is going in the hate direction.

As it dries further: I'm getting a slightly dryer sheet edge from this. Yep, this is a floral that will not be getting along with me. Boooo!

I agree, this is aptly named, and I like the light airiness this fragrance has. I'm sure on skin other than mine it is absolutely gorgeous. On me...booo hissss.