Feral 2012

Start a new review of your Possets here or contribute to an ongoing set of reviews of this collection. To start a new review click the "New Topic" button at the end of the section. To contribute, just go into the topic you want to add to and add a new post. Thanks and have fun.

Moderator: Maya

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Feral 2012

Post by Maya » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:25 pm

Possets description: "Very feral, untamed and sly...this fragrance is almost everything you love about adolescene and being grown up at the same time. Musks, crystaline and Africa, combine with a very unshy dose of copal, and a strong blanket of pumpkin candy-like essence tops it off. A very complex scent, as chaos often is, but at the same time the rawness of it all holds it together without its being a foody fragrance. Very seductive and not the sort of a perfume which is easily categorized. Pretty experimental but a total success. But that is what you would want Feral to be."

Feral 2012 in the bottle was an instant smile. Sweet, pretty, and a bit furry. On my skin, at first application, I got a surprising mix of what came across as wood, then immediately something very sweet, then those began to smooth out as other notes came up. I think Fabienne's description of this nails it: "Very feral, untamed and sly...this fragrance is almost everything you love about adolescene and being grown up at the same time." There's an aspect of this that seems very innocent and demure, but then in the same sniff I also get something a bit wild, something vampy and sexy, and something very very untamed.

The more I smell this, the more I think part of the "young" allure of this is the crystaline musk--it is very bright and sparkling. The copal comes in and sweetens this up, as well. Then, the pumpkin candy-like essence comes in with the African musks laid over the top of that, and it adds an edge that is still sweet, but drops this down from being too bright, too young, too sweet, into adult territory--an adult with an edge and secrets and sexiness.

This very well may be my surprise favorite among this group. I really love that mix of innocence and not so innocent, and added to that is a little bit of a soft furry note that makes this a complete knock-out on my skin (and even after an hour or so of wearing, it's still holding that slightly furry note that keeps the sweetness slightly in check and makes this a winner for me--as without that note this might possibly be a bit too sharply sweet for me). I cannot stop sniffing this one, and every time I catch a whiff that slightly furry note delights me every single time.

in the interest of full disclosure, I have to admit that when I put this on I sneezed, and when I poke my nose in and take very deep whiffs, I sneeze again. If I didn't know better, I'd wonder if some actual fur was in this scent--giving it that delightful edge lol. However, I only sneeze when I really stick my nose in there so it's not as though I'm going around sneezing all day. But it is amusing to think that that furry note may be tickling my nose in more ways than one.

This is a really lovely scent in many ways.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!

Angewl
mortal
mortal

Re: Feral 2012

Post by Angewl » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:14 pm

Arghhh I feel like I want this scent but I'm not sure yet. > __ < Has anyone else bought it and is willing to give a review? :3

Boudicca

Post by Boudicca » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:35 pm

Angewl wrote:Arghhh I feel like I want this scent but I'm not sure yet. > __ < Has anyone else bought it and is willing to give a review? :3
I'll try. I've only tried it twice and I suck at picking out notes and whatnot.

I get musk and candy, but it's really good* candy, not mass produced crap. It's got a bit of a creamsicle vibe to me, so I picture the candy as orange, but like a pastel orange and yet it doesn't smell like oranges. It gets less sweet as it dries down but still very nice. It feels "soft" to me, not in that it's a lightweight or anything. Hard to explain. Like Fabienne says its "not the sort of perfume which is easily categorized." that's the best I can do.

I'm liking it quite a lot.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds

Angewl
mortal
mortal

Post by Angewl » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:21 pm

Boudicca wrote:
Angewl wrote:Arghhh I feel like I want this scent but I'm not sure yet. > __ < Has anyone else bought it and is willing to give a review? :3
I'll try. I've only tried it twice and I suck at picking out notes and whatnot.

I get musk and candy, but it's really good* candy, not mass produced crap. It's got a bit of a creamsicle vibe to me, so I picture the candy as orange, but like a pastel orange and yet it doesn't smell like oranges. It gets less sweet as it dries down but still very nice. It feels "soft" to me, not in that it's a lightweight or anything. Hard to explain. Like Fabienne says its "not the sort of perfume which is easily categorized." that's the best I can do.

I'm liking it quite a lot.
Haha thanks for trying. :3

tarayvonne
virtues
virtues

Post by tarayvonne » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:29 am

If anyone tried the first Feral Perfume awhile back this is similar but less sweet and has the additional copal and smidge of pumpkin to bring it down to a more mature level. I can see the youthful/mature thing going on with this. That youthful musk intertwines around those more mature notes and brings it into wearable range for ladies a little older. It can work for both lets say.
I'm not sure it's my thing but that's just a personal preference and I can't fault the perfume. This will be passed on to my Mom who I'm sure will love it. For me there's an almost sour counterpart working in there that doesn't agree with me. I'm guessing the copal colliding with the crystaline musk? Not sure. It feels like the two different aspects of this collide and work against each other in a way to my nose. But that's just me. I tend to be the oddball around here on what appeals most to me so I'm sure everyone else will love it. :gnome: Hehe I finally get to use this smiley!

sertso
mortal
mortal

Post by sertso » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:05 pm

I waited to try this one because adolsecent scents aren't me (a tad too old for them). Buu I don't get that feel from this. On me it's a very sexy wild musk. I absolutely love it (2 large bottles worth)--I feel like it brings out the wild woman in me and sometimes it's a good thing to dream. :hrt::

gypsyjolie
principalities
principalities

Post by gypsyjolie » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:49 pm

wet: a pretty clear musk, the vaguely orange peel-esque copal resin, and a layer of taffy-like sweetness. I can recognize the copal right off. Love that note.

drying on skin: The musk smoothes out, the copal stays strong , and I am getting the bit of pumpkin (a soft thick vegetal scent, no spices at all so not quite like pie) which makes the scent not so high-pitched, all underlaid with a clear sugary glaze. This is candied but not a candy scent to my nose, but it is SWEET.

Full drydown: This is lovely and musky and sweet. It's definitely a copal scent, but a candied copal scent - warm and glowing and very very sweet, like it's coated in a clear sugar glaze. My brain wants to translate this to a foody scent because it is so sweet, so the closest thing it's reminding me of is apricot jam - with a touch of resin and a lot of clear (chrystalline), feminine musk (not powdery or fuzzy or sharp, just polished, glossy musk).

This is very feminine and very sweet - but still wearable. Love this copal. I'm not getting pumpkin much - this is not translating as a autumn scent at all to me.
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. ~ e e cummings

Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:53 am

This review is for the 2013 re-release of Feral.

Feral is delightful! I get the slight orangey quality others have remarked on, but it's not fruity; rather, it's ambery, and I love amber. The musks at first are kind of cheerful and simple, but pretty quickly Feral starts to resemble a high-end designer perfume like Prada Candy, only not cloying like that perfume. It's pretty and happy but not little-girly, and it lasts really nicely. I'm going to have to get a big bottle, because I know I'll be reaching for this all year round.
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.

stellamaris
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by stellamaris » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:35 pm

I think this was the re release I have here.
It's beautiful, I can't put my finger on exactly what it is, the notes are classically blended and round. This perfume is actually soft and furry, with a nice edge to it

warriortwo
archangel
archangel

Post by warriortwo » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:47 am

This one strongly reminds me of a BBW lotion I got years ago, Sandalwood Fig; it was part of their aromatherapy line, the "Sensual" series. I went bonkers for it, but like many BBW scents, it was a little over-the-top and I burned myself out on it pretty quickly. So it's hard for me to give a nuanced review, because once I associate a scent with something tangible, it overwhelms my take on it. I will say it's a very oriental, sexy, spicy amber, with a fuzzy quality that reminds me of a cashmere sweater.