FrankenScent

Start a new review of your Possets here or contribute to an ongoing set of reviews of this collection. To start a new review click the "New Topic" button at the end of the section. To contribute, just go into the topic you want to add to and add a new post. Thanks and have fun.

Moderator: Maya

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

FrankenScent

Post by Maya » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:29 pm

Possets description: "Like a Mary Shelley masterpiece, FrankenScent was just too good a concept to let go before fully exploring. Frankincense in three forms is the beginning of this blend, VERY strong belt of Frankincense indeed! Oude, thick green musk, a grand spice melange, and a hint of sandalwood. Very strong and very long lasting. Slightly animalic but in the sexiest way."

I decided to grab Frankenscent even though I'm beginning to think that frankincense and I have a slightly bitter relationship with each other, but I had to try it anyway. If you love frankincense, this is the scent for you. This goes on (as Fabienne noted) with a strong belt of it (and it is what I smell dominant in the bottle). On immediate application, this comes across as very resinousy and deep. I wasn't sure if the frankincense would be too much for me, but as it has been drying down, the green musk has been coming out to play, the spices are definitely involved, the sandalwood flirts its way through (a very light touch, but roughs the scent up a bit and gives it a bit more depth), and the oude is beginning to get a foothold.

I may have to keep this one after all. :j:

If you love resins, I'd say give this one a try as it comes across as resinousy and slightly mysterious, and I think it will be a great fall scent for days when power and serenity is needed.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!

stellamaris
preternatural being
preternatural being

Re: FrankenScent

Post by stellamaris » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:02 am

:m: Not crazy for this one. I love Frankincense so I had high hopes for this, but meh. Not bad though out of the twenty or so Possets that I have this is the only fail on me. It's strangely flat. I will stick with Crown of the Vulture for my resins.

emma
archangel
archangel

Re: FrankenScent

Post by emma » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:30 pm

I love this one! It seems deeper and sweeter then Frankincense usually does on me, It's usually too lemon pledge! Wow!