THe Mistress of Heat

Start a new review of your Possets here or contribute to an ongoing set of reviews of this collection. To start a new review click the "New Topic" button at the end of the section. To contribute, just go into the topic you want to add to and add a new post. Thanks and have fun.

Moderator: Maya

hill78
principalities
principalities

THe Mistress of Heat

Post by hill78 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:41 pm

"Fiery One, Mistress of heat; Joyful One who asks that something be given to her
without the swift of glance entering into her' is your name." This is how she is addressed in the Book of the Dead. Mistress of fire, the heat of passion, and a well disposed entity for a nice change. Pink pepper, lashings of oud wood and dark thick sticky vetiver are winding around each other like snakes. It's a very sexy fragrance with nothing animalic and then again, ironically, it's very animal indeed.

This is drop dead gorgeous. For those of you who love the Oud that Fabienne uses in Gimme That Oud Time Religion, you MUST try this. Must, I say! If you are worried about the vetiver, or the pepper, please take my advice and try this anyways! There is a big hit of vetiver in the bottle and wet on the skin, but within 10-15 minutes the bitter edge on the vetiver is completely gone and it is, indeed, twining with the oud and making this amazing sexy smell. *drool* I honestly can't pick out the pepper at all. This is just wonderful. The Book of the Dead had been incredibly sucessful for me, I love so many of them, but this may be my number one. Thank you, Fabienne!

tarayvonne
virtues
virtues

Re: THe Mistress of Heat

Post by tarayvonne » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:45 pm

Aw pooh I didn't get this because of the pepper. I'm never good with perfumes too heavy on the pepper so I steered clear of this one. More reviews girls! I really hope anytime someone gets their perfumes they review them quickly! Not many people have reviewed this collection yet it seems like.

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:57 pm

Same story you've heard before: I'll review when my decants get here. :f:

:s:
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!

hill78
principalities
principalities

Post by hill78 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:12 pm

tarayvonne wrote:Aw pooh I didn't get this because of the pepper. I'm never good with perfumes too heavy on the pepper so I steered clear of this one. More reviews girls! I really hope anytime someone gets their perfumes they review them quickly! Not many people have reviewed this collection yet it seems like.
I really can't pick out the pepper at all. It might be adding to the woodsiness of the vetiver, but I don't get that bite that pepper can have. Do you already have a decant on the way? If not, I'd be happy to send you a little tester. If you enjoy Oud, you *need* to try this one!

tarayvonne
virtues
virtues

Post by tarayvonne » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:21 pm

Thanks hill, I appreciate the offer. I just now saw it by the way, sorry about that. I think I'm good for now on perfumes though and I can't miss what I never tried :) Thank you though!

Boudicca

Post by Boudicca » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:29 am

What hill said, except I am getting pepper. It's just at the beginning and I can almost taste it (which is a little disconcerting). Wet, major vetiver and a little bite of pepper. That basically disappears (or starts blending in more?) after 10 minutes or so. What remains is surprisingly pretty. Oud (oude? Oudh? Aoud?) often starts out a bit medicinal. This is softer and really lovely. It's reminding me of something... but what?! It's got almost a sweet/spicy incense thing going on.

This whole collection is going to drive me insane. Or broke. Or both. There are just so many beauties in it!
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds

Narcisse
mortal
mortal

Post by Narcisse » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:12 pm

I don't get pepper when I first put this on, it does have a vegetal sort of feel, which is most likely the vetiver and oud combination. That only last for about the first 15 minutes after that is morphs into a darker sort of incense scent, it almost has that oily/medicinal smell of myrrh. It only stays there for another 5 or so minutes and then it settles into a beautiful, round, balsamic scent. It is almost of a dry vanilla on me, although there is nothing in the notes that would imply where that is coming from. I don't get anything animalic in the traditional civet kind of way but that may be the myrrh like phase I get in the second half. It is a beautiful scent and I am surprised more people have not tried it. It dries down into a very sensual and seductive scent that is sweet without being cloying or foody, but very rich and incredibly deep. It really is amazing; on me it is almost a perfect dark vanilla wood with the chocolate edge of the vetiver. It has decent throw, but it is still fairly sultry summer nights where I live, so it might get to it's end destination faster in places with a more traditional fall chill vibe. I did not do well with TOTR on me it was all astragulus so at least I now know I can do oud I just like it with vetiver. If you fear the pepper I would say not to be worried it will pass out quickly and the end is worth the try.

Update: after wearing it a few times I have come to place what it reminded me of... I knew it vaguely reminded me of sarsaparilla candy and then I realized it was BPAL's Tombstone. I mean that only in reference to if you have tried that scent and enjoyed it this would me a good option to test out.