The Great Embracer

Start a new review of your Possets here or contribute to an ongoing set of reviews of this collection. To start a new review click the "New Topic" button at the end of the section. To contribute, just go into the topic you want to add to and add a new post. Thanks and have fun.

Moderator: Maya

puck nc
a spark
a spark

The Great Embracer

Post by puck nc » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:43 pm

A Possets floral with unexpected combinations of a very crystalline musk like passiflora, passion fruit, pink champagne, and black peppercorns with a whiff of vanilla musk.

Initial Thoughts: I'm a florals girl. Not sure about champagne and peppercorn, but I can usually wear the lighter musks without them amping and destroying the other notes.

In the vial: Fresh and fruity-sweet. I'm getting the passion fruit and champagne the most from the first whiffs.

Wet: The champagne surges out and the peppercorn gives it a spicy little edge. There's an underlying but tart sweetness as if the passion fruit has gone grapefruity.

Drydown: Gradually the grapefruit-like acidity backs off and the musks do their thing and amp, but just a bit. The vanilla musk sweetens everything into a very light, airy, and gentle floral.

Verdict: I think this could be a winner on me.

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The Great Embracer

Post by Maya » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:56 pm

In the bottle: Mmmmm bright and fresh--a touch of the pink champagne, a bit of the passion fruit (but with a light touch), a bright musk, and a faint rounding of vanilla.

On my skin: Oh this is lovely. The passion fruit is definitely there, but soft and not in-your-face pungent the way some passion fruit can be. The pink champagne dries this out a bit (but not too much) and rounds out the bright musk. The vanilla comes in and provides a delicate balance to the rest of the notes.

As it dries: This is a bit more soft in tone than I expected, but it has decent throw. It is beautifully female and comes across as bright and happy (with a touch of dewy). Teen girls *could* wear this, but it's not as sweet as they might prefer (although there is a lot of sweetness here). I'm getting very little of the peppercorn, but I can see how it would be providing the slightly woody base to this that adds a nice layer and depth to this.

As it dries further: This is really pretty. It verges on fun, but is a tad more pretty than fun. It has a very nice balance to it in the throw. Nothing really pops out as a dominant note, although the passion fruit and pink champagne is a bit more forward than the others on the skin.

I'm honestly surprised I like this one as much as I do. I thought I would appreciate it, but I can't stop taking my arm away from my nose. I have a feeling this is going to be absolutely wonderful in the spring, and will be a great one to have around on gray days when I want to feel feminine and happy. Very bright, pretty, and, yes, a touch fun.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!

gypsyjolie
principalities
principalities

Post by gypsyjolie » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:24 pm

This is so pink and sparkly - a fruity champagne cocktail! The candy-sweetness dies back a little after a few minutes on the skin, leaving a beautiful (still pink) fruity scent. It's sweet/tart and seems juicy - like melon does. It's still quite "candy" but it is also bright and cheerful and pretty. Very feminine. I like the tickle of pepper at the very edge of the scent, which works with the fizzy champagne note to make this scent bright and airy rather than heavy and sticky. It seems more floral in the throw and more fruity sniffing close to the skin.

Gourmand, fruity, girly.
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. ~ e e cummings

Floria
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by Floria » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:04 pm

This is a bit generic fruity-floral in the bottle, but on my skin the champagne comes out and makes the whole thing more interesting. Possets champagne is very dry on me - Neptune was unwearable - but the other elements in this one sweetened and juiced it up nicely, while the champagne and spice added some dry sparkle and kept the whole thing from being too generic-scented-bath-product. This is definitely a "pink" scent. Later in the drydown, the musk comes out and the champagne backs off and it becomes more conventionally perfumy.

jackieo
archangel
archangel

Post by jackieo » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:09 pm

Once again, I have fallen in love with a retired posset. This is so lovely. All the notes blend together in a nice light fruity scent. Now I have to hunt down a bottle.

Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:55 pm

In the bottle this is just pleasant and tangy, but on the skin, wow, it really becomes special. It's lusciously fruity, happy, and very feminine. It makes me think of sunshine and warm weather. It's got great staying power, too.
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.